Can quitting abruptly induce PSSD alone?

This is for hypothesis and even educated speculation.
hgwxx7

Can quitting abruptly induce PSSD alone?

Unread post by hgwxx7 »

I see many people with PSSD who quit cold turkey has PSSD sympotms. Is that always true? Has anyone tapered down according to the protocol? Maybe quitting abruptly give some neurons extreme stress. What do you think?
Dalmatian

Re: Can quitting abruptly induce PSSD alone?

Unread post by Dalmatian »

I also wonder about that. I read somewhere that tapering off gradually doesn't prevent the problem so it probably plays no role in inducing PSSD... maybe it's just the opposite logic: people who have severe side effects of sexual dysfunction are way more likely to quit cold turkey than people without them. But I might be wrong, maybe some more experienced members can give more insight
Trazodone, 25 pills (50/100/150mg), April '19, quit cold turkey

Improved significantly in 3 years. Greatest improvements came within the first year and a half. Still suffering from mild PSSD.
Snake

Unread post by Snake »

I tappered it down but it made no difference
Finding a cure is only a matter of time! Never quit!
Imtrying34

Unread post by Imtrying34 »

I quit paxil after 6 years never had pssd was hypersexual on it and high libido only once I got off I got depressed again got on the wrong medication from my girlfriend's step dad he gave me serroquel 100mg it shut my sert and dopamine down lost all my motivation haven't been right since tried paxil again never worked tried ohrr ssris and supplements save to say I'm completely numb phyiscslly and mentally
hgwxx7

Unread post by hgwxx7 »

Imtrying34 wrote:I quit paxil after 6 years never had pssd was hypersexual on it and high libido only once I got off I got depressed again got on the wrong medication from my girlfriend's step dad he gave me serroquel 100mg it shut my sert and dopamine down lost all my motivation haven't been right since tried paxil again never worked tried ohrr ssris and supplements save to say I'm completely numb phyiscslly and mentally
Do you exercise? Exercising can and will impact dope levels significantly.
afx

Unread post by afx »

hgwxx7 is totally right. There are so many possibilities how to boost dopamine and how to get the hormones back in the place where they were and exercise is a major one - it has been proven. There are other options too to try, dont worry and dont give up - things can get back in the right place again, believe me bro
Imtrying34

I jus don't feel like myself at all I feel weak latthrgic I try to make myself feel but my motivation and thought proceess is so low ..
Imtrying34

hgwxx7 wrote:
Imtrying34 wrote:I quit paxil after 6 years never had pssd was hypersexual on it and high libido only once I got off I got depressed again got on the wrong medication from my girlfriend's step dad he gave me serroquel 100mg it shut my sert and dopamine down lost all my motivation haven't been right since tried paxil again never worked tried ohrr ssris and supplements save to say I'm completely numb phyiscslly and mentally
Do you exercise? Exercising can and will impact dope levels significantly.
I feel like some of the treatment options have made me worse inositol was the worse ruining my perception and making me more numb after 12g from Swanson not sure what to do maybe mri
succubus76

Unread post by succubus76 »

Snake wrote:I tappered it down but it made no difference

define "tappered slowly" and wich med you was on and how much. im reading you must taper in 3-6 months period or even more. i have cases where they taper in 3 weeks and still got serious whitdrawal symptoms and probably pssd
Snake

Unread post by Snake »

succubus76 wrote:
Snake wrote:I tappered it down but it made no difference

define "tappered slowly" and wich med you was on and how much. im reading you must taper in 3-6 months period or even more. i have cases where they taper in 3 weeks and still got serious whitdrawal symptoms and probably pssd
You're right, in my case it was 1,5 week. Healy wrote something about preventing PSSD by really slow tappering down AD but what's proof for that?
Finding a cure is only a matter of time! Never quit!