Intro - My Story So Far

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
SufferingfromSSRI

Intro - My Story So Far

Unread post by SufferingfromSSRI »

30yo Male. I went on Escitalopram back in April of 2015 and was on a low dose for maybe 2 months before tapering off. I can't say exactly how long I tapered, maybe 2-3 weeks. I remember cutting the pills into progressively smaller amounts for a while. When I was on the drug I had terrible trouble staying awake and decided that my depression was situational and I didn't need the drug. I noticed the sexual sides almost immediately upon taking it and they have persisted afterwards. I count myself among the lucky in that I never had any issues with getting and maintaining an erection. The strength isn't QUITE what it was before but I can tolerate that. My main issue is just a sensationless orgasm. I can't remember the last time I had a spiritual experience from an orgasm like it used to be, where you leave your body for a few seconds. This has persisted to this day. About 4 years.

I have tried:

SJW (maybe some placebo effects, did make me feel happier)

Maca (nothing - Jesus this stuff tastes terrible and if you're gonna try do yourself a favor and get some vegetable capsules)

I am currently trying:

Inositol (1 week in - too early to tell. Gonna take this whole bigass bag before I write it off. 18g nightly)

CDP Choline - 1000mg in the morning. I think this stuff just helps me in a lot of ways throughout the day but I can't say there's been any sexual benefits. I will continue to take.

Boron - to bind SBHG and hopefully free up some hormones.

Want to try MSM in addition to the inositol and choline. Don't see any potential complications. I have also tried and failed to quit cigarettes (only been back to them in the last year due to stress and an easy lever to pull to feel better for a few minutes). Back to working out again with heavy weight (been off and on for this last year and close to my strongest again and hope to blast past previous highs). Also, on day 3 of a kegel routine. Look up apps to help you with routine and reminders.

The kegels should help with the force of orgasm if not the sensation. I've done then in the past and they definitely help.

The other thing I have that is more pervasive is lack of excitement, pleasure, or engagement in daily activities. Things I love, things I want to improve upon. The motivation isn't what it could be when you aren't feeling it.

I always told myself that if I found a way out of this I would shout it from the mountaintops to help everyone I could. I want us all to be healed. I hope a combination of getting healthier, kegels, and possibly the right combination of supplements will help. I'm on board. Let's get better.