Why don't you contribute to the propeciahelp survey?

Topics related to activism.

Why don't you contribute to the propeciahelp survey?

I participated or am going to do it
67%
I don't feel like doing
14%
I think it's completely useless
8%
I tried but I didn't succeed
12%

Total votes: 51
Numby

Re: Why don't you contribute to the propeciahelp survey?

Unread post by Numby »

Please take part in this survey. It is one of the best surveys I have seen when it comes to PSSD/ sexual dysfunction. It is not just another survey that won’t lead to anything.

You‘ll need about 60 minutes to answer all questions. The survey takes into account possible connections between taking SSRIs and other substances that cause similar symptoms. In addition, they use several scientific questionnaires to measure the extent of symptoms. It is a truly good survey!
Alte.Brown

Unread post by Alte.Brown »

Done it! :)
Come on Guys! Take yourself just one hour to complete it, it's pretty good survey really.
OCD. Escitalopram from Aug 2016 until Sep 2017 (up to 40 mg/day).Then, some 6 months of benzos for sleeping. PSSD since Mar 2017.
ED, premature eyaculation, low libido.
Knifli

Unread post by Knifli »

Bump
Sertraline jan-jul 2018
jjr81

Unread post by jjr81 »

Done
Northern_Star

Unread post by Northern_Star »

Keep it coming, gals and guys! We are at 35 now. We want at least 50, so 15 to go to reach the minimum amount. Obviously, the more data the better. We can already see that the data will be nice. So, let's do this!

Please register at Propeciahelp and post here: https://forum.propeciahelp.com/t/post-d ... /34482/212
Northern_Star

Unread post by Northern_Star »

I am pleased to announce that we have achieved the first milestone as now over 100 people who suffer from persistent side effects from Finasteride have taken the survey.

Hopefully, we will reach the PSSD participation milestone next. As of today, we stand at 39 participants . We would like to reach at least 50 people. So 11 more to go. If you haven't participated in the survey yet or haven't completed all entries yet, please do so!

We are already seeing some interesting information, e.g. a lot of PSSD participants report physical symptoms beyond the typical sexual symptoms associated with "PSSD" suggesting a much broader effect of the condition on the human body. This, of course, mirrors the effects of PFS and together with other similarities adds credence to the hypothesis that PSSD and PFS (and PAS) are in fact one and the same condition. Obviously, if we can provide compelling evidence that this is the case that would be great for all of us. It would suggest that there is a crucial mechanism at work that can be affected by multiple drugs (probably all endocrine disruptors). It would make our common condition a much more relevant problem with national health implications that would enable us to attract more research and more funding.

The 23andme project goes into the same direction as we are trying to find similarities on a genome level that may predispose us to get this condition. That would be the jackpot.

To achieve all this, we need more data and the help of each and everyone of you. Hence, I cannot reiterate enough how important it is that everyone here takes the survey and contributes data to the 23andme project. So, please participate and spread the message to other forums, Facebook groups, WhatsApp messaging groups etc.! We need as much data as we can get. More data, more power!

That said, a big thank you to the people here who have already taken the survey and have helped to motivate other people to do the same. It's highly appreciated!
Rb26dett

Unread post by Rb26dett »

Only 10 surveys of PSSD users are missing to reach the target on Propeciahelp. Why the hell don't you do it?!
Everything you do to help is a little step to find something of useful for research.
Paroxetine from 11-2012 to 08-2018 never had sexual disfunction.
Added 5-htp for help with Paroxetine withdrawal, then I got severe PSSD, with altered hormones levels and CFS.
Symptoms worsened with time.
Dubya_B

Unread post by Dubya_B »

Hey, just wanted to drop by and say Thank You to all those who participated in the survey and have been encouraging other PSSD patients to do the same.

I truly wish the post-Accutane community was as helpful and eager to contribute.
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

Bump.
Please take this step i you find a little time

1.Register at https://forum.propeciahelp.com
2. Open link below and write a simple reply post in that topic with requesting Your Survey activation
https://forum.propeciahelp.com/t/post-d ... pate/34482
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

I noticed some people from our forum have registered but not yet finished the survey, please finish it when you have the time! We are now at 41 out of 50.
Show your summer holiday spirit and take the survey so i can shut up about it please :)