Frequent windows, need help/advice

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Dalmatian

Frequent windows, need help/advice

Unread post by Dalmatian »

Hello again,

I've been suffering from PSSD for little over 3 months now and my baseline is still bad: only mechanical erections, very low libido and arousal, and sometimes anorgasmia. However, ~1.5 month ago (1.5 month after withdrawal) I got my first "window". I would rate functionality during this window to be 90% and it lasted two and a half days. It was so good to the point I thought I was cured but unfortunately this wasn't the case. It was followed by a period of 3 weeks without windows and then at the beginning of July I started getting more of these windows. In the past 3 weeks I've had like 4-5 of them so they occur every 4-5 days on average. Some of these windows last only about a day, while two of them lasted for 3 days straight. The last window I got happened last weekend and it was probably the best so far, especially on Saturday when my functionality was 100% (visual stimuli worked, very easy to get aroused, very good erectile function...). Today I'm back to baseline. Apart from these bigger windows, I got several really tiny ones when my function would suddenly improve by 20-30% but it would last only an hour or so.

I tried to figure out what might have caused this windows but nothing comes up to my mind. Sometimes I took one beer at night and woke up horny the morning after, but majority of these windows were not preceded by any alcohol intake so it just might have been a coincidence. I don't take any supplements, herbs nor medications. I always follow the same diet and routine. I've been working quite a lot for the past month and started taking protein shakes but I don't think it can cause such a good windows.

What's your take on this? Could windows like this happen naturally? Anyone else here experiencing similar window pattern? If so, it would be of great use to me if we could change our experiences.

Thank you so much
Trazodone, 25 pills (50/100/150mg), April '19, quit cold turkey

Improved significantly in 3 years. Greatest improvements came within the first year and a half. Still suffering from mild PSSD.
Numby

Re: Frequent windows, need help/advice

Unread post by Numby »

I think after three months it’s still possible that you recover fully without doing anything special like taking supplements. You’ve had so many windows in this short period of time, to me it sounds as if you are simply recovering naturally. Personally, I would try to keep calm and not think about PSSD too much.
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

Numby82 wrote:I think after three months it’s still possible that you recover fully without doing anything special like taking supplements. You’ve had so many windows in this short period of time, to me it sounds as if you are simply recovering naturally. Personally, I would try to keep calm and not think about PSSD too much.
Agreed
hs1312

Unread post by hs1312 »

sit back and relax. give it a few months
34M.Effaxor 75mg nov16-mar17.PSSD
ed, low libido, fatigue,
intro. https://www.pssdforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=1135
WrittenDEC22
Dalmatian

Thanks guys. I think I recovered libido at least. On more than half of days I feel sexual urges now while up to two weeks ago I very rarely felt it. There are still some bad days when my libido is zero but they happen less frequently now. What concerns me the most is the erectile dysfunction which is the only persistent symptom right now. Erectile function improves only during windows and the past saturday the quality of my erection was 100%. Only during windows I manage to get erection by visual stimuli only.

What do you think causes this fluctuations in symptoms? Is there anyone on this forum whose recovery started with such windows or anyone who has had similar pattern of windows?

Improved significantly in 3 years. Greatest improvements came within the first year and a half. Still suffering from mild PSSD.
John321

Unread post by John321 »

Dalmatian wrote:Thanks guys. I think I recovered libido at least. On more than half of days I feel sexual urges now while up to two weeks ago I very rarely felt it. There are still some bad days when my libido is zero but they happen less frequently now. What concerns me the most is the erectile dysfunction which is the only persistent symptom right now. Erectile function improves only during windows and the past saturday the quality of my erection was 100%. Only during windows I manage to get erection by visual stimuli only.

What do you think causes this fluctuations in symptoms? Is there anyone on this forum whose recovery started with such windows or anyone who has had similar pattern of windows?
Hi Dude,
I do have similar windows as you have even though the frequency is less, like I feel better 6-7 days a month. In the windows the thought of sex gives me an erection. But the days after the windows are really tough. If I look at the overall trend it has been improving over time. My recovery is much slower than yours but I hope to get well some day.
Dalmatian

John321 wrote:
Dalmatian wrote:Thanks guys. I think I recovered libido at least. On more than half of days I feel sexual urges now while up to two weeks ago I very rarely felt it. There are still some bad days when my libido is zero but they happen less frequently now. What concerns me the most is the erectile dysfunction which is the only persistent symptom right now. Erectile function improves only during windows and the past saturday the quality of my erection was 100%. Only during windows I manage to get erection by visual stimuli only.

Hi Dude,
I do have similar windows as you have even though the frequency is less, like I feel better 6-7 days a month. In the windows the thought of sex gives me an erection. But the days after the windows are really tough. If I look at the overall trend it has been improving over time. My recovery is much slower than yours but I hope to get well some day.
Finally someone who can relate. How long since your withdrawal did you get your first window and for how long have you had PSSD now?

I think in our cases these great fluctuations from day to day point to some hormonal issue/imbalances.

John321

Unread post by John321 »

Dalmatian wrote:
John321 wrote:

Hi Dude,
Finally someone who can relate. How long since your withdrawal did you get your first window and for how long have you had PSSD now?

I think in our cases these great fluctuations from day to day point to some hormonal issue/imbalances.
I have had pssd for approx 6 months now. I got my first window around 3-4 weeks after I quit SSRI. I was on it for about an year so maybe took longer for me to get my first window. Earlier I felt good on 2 days a month which has slowly increased to 5-6 days a month. I can have sex on any day but I need a bit of foreplay and am ready to go. On the good days just a thought about sex brings about an erection. Hoping to get well soon.
Dalmatian

I have had pssd for approx 6 months now. I got my first window around 3-4 weeks after I quit SSRI. I was on it for about an year so maybe took longer for me to get my first window. Earlier I felt good on 2 days a month which has slowly increased to 5-6 days a month. I can have sex on any day but I need a bit of foreplay and am ready to go. On the good days just a thought about sex brings about an erection. Hoping to get well soon.
Your pace of improvements is very similar to mine. I got my first real window about 5-6 weeks after I quit trazodone. But during the first two weeks after I quit trazodone I was completely impotent and then some erections suddenly came back although they were mostly mechanical. So there are significant improvements to the baseline but it's still far from what it should be if we exclude those windows. I really hope that we can cure naturally since we have more frequent windows than wast majority of sufferers.

Dalmatian

I started getting good libido windows every other day for the past 10 days or so. So literally one day I have a good libido, second day my libido is almost zero, then third day it raises again to the point i want masturbation/sex. Sometimes it takes two days for libido to show up again. During those libido windows erectile function is also improved to like 70-80% of an old one. Wtf is happening with me?