Loss of libido
38%
Genital numbness
10%
Genital shrinkage
1%
Erectile dysfunction
7%
Orgasmic dysfunction (PE, delayed orgasm)
1%
Anticipatory anhedonia (Loss of motivated behavior, 'wanting')
3%
Consummatory anhedonia (Inability to feel pleasure. 'liking')
1%
Blunted affect (inability to feel emotions)
34%
Cognitive dysfunction
3%

Total votes: 68
Meso

Re: Which symptoms should I deeply research next? your input is needed

Unread post by Meso »

I've changed the poll a little. Blunted affect is partially unrelated to pleasurable emotions. Blunted affect covers the entire emotional spectrum, including fear and dread.

For lack of pleasurable emotions, i.e. feeling happy/content on the beach under the sunshine, please vote for 'consummatory anhedonia' instead. I know it's difficult to differentiate between the two symptoms, but anything related to the pleasure response is move involved with glutamate and beta-endorphins, whereas "blunted affect" is more involved with the mesocortical pathway and amygdala. Other than that, genital shrinkage now has its own entry.

Please re-vote!
My blog "The Research Zone" is currently :roll: down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
lordofpssd

Unread post by lordofpssd »

I vote consummatory anhedonia.
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

Despite only suffering from sexual dysfunction, the symptoms I fear the most are emotional. This has stopped me trialling medications in the past through fear of developing these issues. I can cope with what I have but if I became blunted and lost pleasure in things I don’t know what I’d do. Despite libido having the highest amount of votes at the time of me writing this, I very strongly agree that the emotional problems cause suicidal feelings so should take priority with research. I’d be happy to delay my own progress so that the people that feel lowest can lead more of a normal, rewarding life.
afx

Unread post by afx »

Frog wrote:Despite only suffering from sexual dysfunction, the symptoms I fear the most are emotional. This has stopped me trialling medications in the past through fear of developing these issues. I can cope with what I have but if I became blunted and lost pleasure in things I don’t know what I’d do. Despite libido having the highest amount of votes at the time of me writing this, I very strongly agree that the emotional problems cause suicidal feelings so should take priority with research. I’d be happy to delay my own progress so that the people that feel lowest can lead more of a normal, rewarding life.
I think You got a really good point there Frog, maybe the focus should be on what has the most serious impact on sufferers
Broken_angel

Unread post by Broken_angel »

I have to say libido that's really were my main issue tends to be the blunted emotions I kinda like because it's kinda scary for my anxiety to come back
succubus76

Unread post by succubus76 »

I would love to know how SSRIs blunt the romantic feelings. The sensual part of the libido, not only the sexual
pii

Unread post by pii »

If libido is fixed
Blunted affect (inability to feel emotions) Will get fixed , i am 100% sure anhedonia and blunted effect Will be fixed if libido is back libido is a emational too
Charlie-80

Unread post by Charlie-80 »

Last edited by Charlie-80 on Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delfador

Unread post by Delfador »

I voted blunted affect. And I assume inability to enjoy music belongs in this category as well.
Doomed

Unread post by Doomed »

chemistry wrote:I voted Blunted Affect simply because if i could cure 1 symptom it would be the inability to feel emotions (and pleasure) which affects every part of my life, whereas sexual dysfunction only affects parts of it.
Might be but that's not the case of everyone so believing that won't be logical. My Anhedonia is almost non existent still I have heavy Sexual Dysfunction. So I voted delayed orgasm section (It's really hard to choose one from SD department tho) my issue is related to every aspects of SD.