Loss of libido
38%
Genital numbness
10%
Genital shrinkage
1%
Erectile dysfunction
7%
Orgasmic dysfunction (PE, delayed orgasm)
1%
Anticipatory anhedonia (Loss of motivated behavior, 'wanting')
3%
Consummatory anhedonia (Inability to feel pleasure. 'liking')
1%
Blunted affect (inability to feel emotions)
34%
Cognitive dysfunction
3%

Total votes: 68
Meso

Which symptoms should I deeply research next? your input is needed

Unread post by Meso »

Since I'm about to delve into more researching, I must mention that PSSD has many symptoms unrelated to each other. I think that loss of libido is the most prominent symptom there is and I should research it next for relief solution or reversal. Do you agree with that, or would you rather that I research a different symptom first?
My blog "The Research Zone" is currently :roll: down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
chemistry

Re: Which symptoms should I deeply research next? your input is needed

Unread post by chemistry »

I voted Blunted Affect simply because if i could cure 1 symptom it would be the inability to feel emotions (and pleasure) which affects every part of my life, whereas sexual dysfunction only affects parts of it.
Brief Symptoms:
PE - Anhedonia, less emotions - Test Atrophy - Numb body - Lowered libido = ED
24/7 tension, stress. Worse with lack of sleep, hungry, ill
"Pure-O"
Visual Snow Syndrome + DP/DR + Tinnitus
Insomnia, Fatigue
see intro for more
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

Honestly, I can live with a reduced libido but not with my cognitive dysfunction. Also anhedonia makes it hard for me to do day-to-day tasks.
Lost

Unread post by Lost »

Emotional numbness please!
Godfuckingdamnit

Unread post by Godfuckingdamnit »

Any reason why genital numbness is grouped with shrinkage? I have the former but not the latter, as far as I can tell.
PSSD 3-2018, at28.
Effexor for 14 days total (PSSD on 3rd day).
Developed Ulcerative Colitis shortly thereafter.
PSSD start: intense tingling and penis went flaccid.
ED, numbness, little to no libido. Few weak morning woods.
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

Godfuckingdamnit wrote:Any reason why genital numbness is grouped with shrinkage? I have the former but not the latter, as far as I can tell.
Physical changes of genital mechanical properties that can be felt/noticed. If you have one or the other, vote for it.
My blog "The Research Zone" is currently :roll: down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
AnhedonicApe

Unread post by AnhedonicApe »

No emotions/anhedonia is the real suicide fuel, the real life taker. I think that's the most urgent. I could wait longer for a cure if I at least in the meanwhile could enjoy a movie or get any other form of distraction. Now it's just the same nothingness torture all the time.
scripy3

Unread post by scripy3 »

How about cause?lol
enriqueiglesias

Unread post by enriqueiglesias »

I voted for orgasmic dysfunction, although I think the issue of numbness is more immediate and generally more frustrating (lack of or no orgasm is then just like "yeah, I knew that"). However I would assume that restoring (more or less) full orgasm would also (or somehow presuppose) the restoration of numbness.

However I don't equate numbness with shrinkage at all. They may impact each other but are not reducible to each other. In fact I would put shrinkage next to libido.
Libido is a serious issue, however I think with conventional means, and simply by waiting at least 4 days, one can generally induce some "horniness" or wish for sexual fulfillment. However what's always really frustrating then is lack of feeling. And I think that must come first, unless this is not an issue, in which case however I think it's a comparatively mild case.
But it seems to me that putting numbness next to shrinkage has influenced the decision a little bit... Although they are, as I said, not reducible to each other, on the contrary, shrinkage seems more related to libido, but probably deserves its own spot.

That aside: everyone has the means to try existing hypotheses: take Ashwaghanda to downregulate pre-synaptic 5-HT1a, and St.JW to upregulate post-synaptic 5-HT1a. Now why does nobody do anything? Be that as it may. (Ahahaha, I have tried it, I have some tentative "interesting" effects. Sensitivity MIGHT go up a bit, and I also get a more "silky" psychological feeling sometimes, as opposed to a "scratchiness" which is more often dominant in my brain. However, I have still OCD, aside from anything else, which tells me it's not perfectly right.)
naiverat

Unread post by naiverat »

Going to go with libido here. When my libido is good, emotions tend to be significantly better as well.

Although, I pretty much have every symptom now - in severe form - as a result of this crash and consequential insomnia. INsomnia seems to be getting worse. Holy hell.
Fluoxetine Jan. '16 - Aug. 16'. Low libido, weak erections, CNS dysfunction, anhedonia

Windows on the following: Inositol, choline, NAC + Histidine, MSM, SJW, L-Arginine, Sildenafil, Naltrexone, boron