What works for you and what doesn't

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
mrstaircase

What works for you and what doesn't

Unread post by mrstaircase »

I figured it's about time for one of these.
We got multiple topics about treatments. Some work, some fail.
What treatments have worked for you and what treatments have set you back.

For the sake of keeping things simple list everything that has given you an improvement. Either short or long term.
And things that have given you a setback (even if it gave an improvement at first)

Let me start:

Works:

Supplements: Shijalit, Mucuna pruriens (L-dopa), Tyrosine, L-citruline, Arganine, Boron, Zinc, Magnesium, Vitamin D, Tongkat Ali, Hornedine, Berberine, Creatine, IGF-1, Cistanche
Drugs: Tamoxifen, Clomid, Amhetamines, Ketamine, Opiates, DMAA, DMHA, AMP citrate, Ritalin, Cocaine, DMT

Doesn't work:

Supplements: 5htp, ashwaghanda
Drugs: Bupropion, MDMA, LSD, Tramadol
Tree

Re: What works for you and what doesn't

Unread post by Tree »

Works: Mucuna Pruriens, Cannabis

Doesn't work: GINGER caused extreme worsening of baseline that I have yet to recover from

Neutral: Bupropion increased libido but caused massive migraines so had to stop
naiverat

Unread post by naiverat »

My signature lists what has helped.

I've tried pretty much every drug and supplement recommended on this forum over the last 3 years, and most of them haven't improved sexual function at all or made it temporarily worse.

I haven't tried any hormones, however.Thats what I'm looking into now, considering my blood work says my free T and DHT are low and SHBG is high.

May try DHEA, mesterolone, and then consider SERMS or other more potent drugs.
Fluoxetine Jan. '16 - Aug. 16'. Low libido, weak erections, CNS dysfunction, anhedonia

Windows on the following: Inositol, choline, NAC + Histidine, MSM, SJW, L-Arginine, Sildenafil, Naltrexone, boron
finities infinities

Unread post by finities infinities »

All drug which increase NMDA activation very worsen me and induced strong suicidal thought.
Memantine is opposite- work good in me but to weak.
enriqueiglesias

Unread post by enriqueiglesias »

Don't want to distract in any way from the game of this forum.
Last edited by enriqueiglesias on Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:13 am, edited 6 times in total.
tonyareias

Unread post by tonyareias »

What’s works (no PSSD but SSRI sexual side-effects):
- Timing (negative effects minimize after weeks from SSRI start)
- Low dosing (help a lot with libido and orgasm)
- Choline / Eggs (good for erections)
- Foods Nitrates / Beetroot juice (good for erections, can revert ED effects of paroxetine)
- Ginkgo Biloba / Buspirone (can help with libido)
Missano20

Unread post by Missano20 »

Tree wrote:Works: Mucuna Pruriens, Cannabis

Doesn't work: GINGER caused extreme worsening of baseline that I have yet to recover from

Did you take ginger root as a supplement? This is very very concerning to me as I eat A LOT of ginger regularly with sushi (about once a week but for a while 2-3 times a week). I question if it worsened things for me this past year. Seems like so many seemingly innocent foods/otc meds affect serotonin to some degree or another without me having realized it. :(
kpavel

Unread post by kpavel »

Missano20 wrote:
Tree wrote:Works: Mucuna Pruriens, Cannabis

Did you take ginger root as a supplement? This is very very concerning to me as I eat A LOT of ginger regularly with sushi (about once a week but for a while 2-3 times a week). I question if it worsened things for me this past year. Seems like so many seemingly innocent foods/otc meds affect serotonin to some degree or another without me having realized it. :(
It can create cardiac symptoms actually. If you had palpitations/burning or such it could be that.
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

I’d stop consuming ginger if I were you. It’s just not worth the risk. I consumed about 1 to 1 1/2 inches of raw ginger root a day for about 8 days. I would just put it in my smoothie every morning. Literally one day from the next I became super anxious, nauseated, and had pain when I shake my head. Also genitals went numb, no libido, and couldn’t get an erection at all. Almost a year later and sexual dysfunction is still pretty extreme and head pain still noticeable. Other people to on here have said ginger made them worse.
Missano20

Unread post by Missano20 »

I'm so sorry that this happened to you. That's the frustrating nature of PSSD, how easily we're affected by things we previously would have never had an issue with. I had a major setback taking benadryl for sleep, didn't realize it was a weak ssri. I have severe PSSD as a result of it.