Meeting- member of parliament (UK)

Topics related to activism.
Frog

Meeting- member of parliament (UK)

Unread post by Frog »

Hi all,

I’ve recently had a meeting with a caseworker who works my local member of parliament (UK) and spoke about PSSD and the symptoms linked to it including emotional and cognitive issues.

I today received a letter from my MP and he is raising the concern about support and treatment with the British health minister! He has been very helpful and I’m sure will continue to be!

I will update with any progress. I urge all of you in the UK to write to/email your MP and aks the same of them. There is power in numbers!
anacleta

Re: Meeting- member of parliament (UK)

Unread post by anacleta »

good! :)
thanks for info
Snake

Unread post by Snake »

wow, big news
Finding a cure is only a matter of time! Never quit!
Luigi

Unread post by Luigi »

This is great news!
anacleta

Unread post by anacleta »

I think the point is that we need research and that research needs to be funded
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

anacleta wrote:I think the point is that we need research and that research needs to be funded

This is the point that I’ve made to him. I’ve provided him with some stories that were sent to me of peoples experiences and why research and treatment is needed. He seems very on board with the cause and I’m excited to see what comes of this. There may be slight delay in feedback due to the current “issues” with the UK parliament!
fema4psyciatrists

Unread post by fema4psyciatrists »

I have contacted (2) of my MP in the past with pointless meetings with their juniors and a reluctance pass on to the then health secretary MP Nicola Blackwood who just responded with no one done anything illegal mumbo jumbo and some bs about depression nice guidelines that I was not prescribed anything for at all.

However!!! In light of other changes like EMA and Royal College of Psychiatrists releasing backtracking press releases on SSRI withdrawals maybe it is worth me trying again at this point. I will PM you I hope that you see it. Can you over PM tell me who is your MP is?

I recently wrote letters about this also to all the Lords interested in mental health with no response and some MP's on the mental health committees like the Leader of it MP Johnny Mercer who just says he is not allowed to respond to non-constituents.

So maybe the best thing to accomplish between us now is to get my MP to contact your MP who is actually taking this seriously? Can you help me do this? I will PM you I hope you get it.

Thanks
RIP Ali 23 years old
RIP Kevin Goodreau 28 years old
RIP Petar 23 years old
RIP Mary Koback 22 years old
RIP David Stofkooper 23 years old
RIP SadBoy
RIP Kata Balint 28 years old
iull1k

Unread post by iull1k »

Tell them about PAS and PFS also, their community is way bigger and at least these 2 are more credible, there are no initial psychiatric indications for. That's very important, we share the same symptoms, and maybe the same issue at molecular level.

You can contact PFS forum admins (Awor) and give them more details, maybe there is someone in UK to get in touch.
Thank you
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

Massive thank you to those of you from the UK who have been in contact about a collaboration with our MPs. So far we have 4 people in contact or making contact including myself.

If you are from the UK please get in contact with your MP and let me know who they are so I can pass them on to mine! The more the better!
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

Hi all,

Met with my MP again tonight, he has wrote to NHS England and is waiting for a response. He says if we have no real progress by the new year then he is going to try and get a parliamentary debate scheduled to discuss our issue. He said it may take some time but he will continue to help us and won’t let the issue go! He also stressed that if other people can contact their MPs then we can get a good movement going. If you contact them please let me know so I can pass on their details.