Cyclic (fluctuating) type of PSSD, how many of you have it?

Polls.

What's the pattern of your PSSD?

Cyclic (frequent oscillations)
20%
Constant without windows
20%
Constant with occasional windows
40%
Constant with frequent windows
20%

Total votes: 5
Dalmatian

Cyclic (fluctuating) type of PSSD, how many of you have it?

Unread post by Dalmatian »

By "cyclic" type of PSSD I mean the that the symptoms fluctuate often (on a daily or a weekly basis) and the amplitude of these fluctuations is significant (let's say 20 to 80% of functionality or even 0 to 100%). For example, one day you experience very low to non-existent libido with weak erections, while after a day or several days your erections could get significantly better with a near normal libido. Furthermore, by the "cyclic" type of PSSD I do not consider the type where symptoms are more or less constant with an occasional window, let's say once in 10 days, or once a month, but rather the type in which fluctuations are frequent and constant.

This type of PSSD seems to be rare and it's very rarely mentioned on the PSSD forum, let alone addressed. I was falsely led to believe that it were frequent windows I was experiencing, but on the closer inspection I think I probably suffer from this type of PSSD. Now, this type of PSSD is probably milder than other types in a sense that people with cyclic PSSD usually don't have problems with sensitivity or orgasm and occasionally they are able to have normal sex, but it's still very frustrating.

So I want to make statistic on how many people experience this type of PSSD. So far I've come across 3-4 cases on PSSD forum, but there has to be more of us. Please vote.
Trazodone, 25 pills (50/100/150mg), April '19, quit cold turkey

Improved significantly in 3 years. Greatest improvements came within the first year and a half. Still suffering from mild PSSD.
NeverBeenTold

Re: Cyclic (fluctuating) type of PSSD, how many of you have it?

Unread post by NeverBeenTold »

Hello,

I think I have this cyclic type of PSSD that you are describing. At the best moments I have a situation where I can be extremely horny and/or have a full solid 100% erection, although even at the best moments erection doens't last long enough for penetration. At the worst moments I have almost no sexual desire and very weak erections. This is as you understand both frustrating and promising. It has been 2 years for me now that I have PSSD and the first year after taking escitalopram was actually the best for me. Second (last) year symptoms were much worse most of the time. I have tried a few treatments, but nothing has worked so far. I must also add that my penis even looks different at different times.
RIP zadig777
Dalmatian

Unread post by Dalmatian »

That's very interesting because you also get days when you feel very horny. Your case is similar to mine, except that at the best moments my functionality is almost like the pre-PSSD one and I am able to penetrate easily. These good and bad periods interchange every few days. What's fluctuating is the libido and erection quality, while orgasm and sensitivity have always been good. It's been 7 months for me now so I still have high hopes.
Trazodone, 25 pills (50/100/150mg), April '19, quit cold turkey

Improved significantly in 3 years. Greatest improvements came within the first year and a half. Still suffering from mild PSSD.
NeverBeenTold

Unread post by NeverBeenTold »

Dalmatian wrote: Your case is similar to mine, except that at the best moments my functionality is almost like the pre-PSSD one and I am able to penetrate easily.
Good for you!
Dalmatian wrote: It's been 7 months for me now so I still have high hopes.
That's very promising indeed.
RIP zadig777