Arahant intro - My experience with PSSD - treatment log.

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
Halan

Re: Arahant intro - My experience with PSSD - treatment log.

Unread post by Halan »

br-pssd wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:00 pm hi, i started using buspirone 5 days ago, i intend to increase it up to 60mg, how long did it take to notice sexual or anhedonia benefits?
He said he started to feel better after something like 4 months on buspirone.

Please, report your results after some months of use!
br-pssd

Unread post by br-pssd »

is it better to just take buspirone or add another medication to buspirone?

I saw a response report combined with prozac, will it be better combined?

other possibilities I thought: buspirone with low dose of escitalopram (1mg)

or buspirone with parnate (imao)
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

I had my response with buspirone alone. Give it time.
But I know that people got results with the combo Prozac + buspirone.
I would never mess with SSRI again, I do not have the balls... even combined with buspirone.
I am 1 year and five months, tapering down from the maximum dose and still having full benefit.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
alexc

Unread post by alexc »

I an a 55 y/o female who’s had PSSD for 12 years. I’ve had improvements over the years in overcoming most of the anhedonia and have had windows of ~70% sexual normalcy but they never lasted but a week or two and have recently disappeared for more than 5 mos. I haven’t taken any psych meds of any kind in the 12 year span. I used to take Prozac and it was augmented w/ Buspar to treat my OCD (thankfully I’m 95% recovered from OCD w/o meds). I’ve tried every natural supplement under the sun and nothing has had any significant long term benefit in libido or function. When i was taking Prozac and added in Buspirone/Buspar (14 years ago) my libido went through the roof. I have an RX to try it for PSSD but I’m fearful. After doing tons of online research I’m not seeing a lot out there regarding long term effects. Has anyone other than Arahant given it a fair trial and can shed any additional light? I’ve been 100% anti-meds after getting wrecked by the SSRIs but 12 years of PSSD is really putting a strain on my otherwise good marriage.
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

alexc wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:35 pm I an a 55 y/o female who’s had PSSD for 12 years. I’ve had improvements over the years in overcoming most of the anhedonia and have had windows of ~70% sexual normalcy but they never lasted but a week or two and have recently disappeared for more than 5 mos. I haven’t taken any psych meds of any kind in the 12 year span. I used to take Prozac and it was augmented w/ Buspar to treat my OCD (thankfully I’m 95% recovered from OCD w/o meds). I’ve tried every natural supplement under the sun and nothing has had any significant long term benefit in libido or function. When i was taking Prozac and added in Buspirone/Buspar (14 years ago) my libido went through the roof. I have an RX to try it for PSSD but I’m fearful. After doing tons of online research I’m not seeing a lot out there regarding long term effects. Has anyone other than Arahant given it a fair trial and can shed any additional light? I’ve been 100% anti-meds after getting wrecked by the SSRIs but 12 years of PSSD is really putting a strain on my otherwise good marriage.
There is another report here of someone that got incredible improvements taking buspar+prozac at the same time. You said this combination sent your libido to the roof, did you mean it was good? For women, buspirone was tested before for low sexual desire in the past, but depending on the age, there are changes in hormones too... Nowadays, there is flibanserin which in theory, has a similar mechanism of action, but it costs a fortune per refill.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
alexc

Unread post by alexc »

Yes, while I was taking it with Prozac I had a strong libido and good function, too! I will NEVER touch an SSRI again but am considering using Buspar alone. I don’t really need it for anxiety it would be solely to treat the PSSD. My biggest concern is down regulating something else and having long-term side effects from it. I would hate to set myself back further but after 12 years it doesn’t seem like I’m moving much further forward with just supplements. I eat a very clean— Gluten-free, dairy free, and mostly organic. I am fairly fit and played tennis 4 to 5 times a week so lifestyle isn’t going to cut it. The only thing I’m currently dealing with is that I still have high mercury in my system despite having all my amalgams removed four years ago. I’m in the process of detoxing the mercury. Other than that I’ve tried just about everything on the natural spectrum.
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

alexc wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:55 pm Yes, while I was taking it with Prozac I had a strong libido and good function, too! I will NEVER touch an SSRI again but am considering using Buspar alone. I don’t really need it for anxiety it would be solely to treat the PSSD. My biggest concern is down regulating something else and having long-term side effects from it. I would hate to set myself back further but after 12 years it doesn’t seem like I’m moving much further forward with just supplements. I eat a very clean— Gluten-free, dairy free, and mostly organic. I am fairly fit and played tennis 4 to 5 times a week so lifestyle isn’t going to cut it. The only thing I’m currently dealing with is that I still have high mercury in my system despite having all my amalgams removed four years ago. I’m in the process of detoxing the mercury. Other than that I’ve tried just about everything on the natural spectrum.
Regarding long term effects, I am much more than a year on daily doses of buspirone, while six months with buspirone alone, and only that was enough, as side effects just sleepy, drowsiness, up to dizziness at maximum dose. I am not sure about your expectations, but I wouldn't expect libido to the roof, if it happens, congratulations! In my case, sexual drive/libido was much more a consequence of experiencing good sex, than a primary effect. So it started to increase after lots of satisfactory sex. In my case, explosive orgasms, the strongest I have ever experienced. I interpreted like an amnesia of sex, then after a while my brain started to be imagine and crave that sensations again.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
br-pssd

Unread post by br-pssd »

this is my 9th day taking buspirone, i started with 5 mg 3x day, and went up to 10 mg 3x day in some days.
From the 5th day I started to notice benefits, like a more rested body and a better mind.

There were sporadic moments that, my sensitivity and pleasure in the penis improved a lot, and spontaneous erection. and yesterday the anedonia was much better, pleasure in feeling music, something I haven't had in a long time. But these improvements do not last, today I not experienced them.

I intend to take only buspirone, for months, and stay a month at the current dose, 30mg, before going up.

Is it normal for improvements to be sporadic rather than continuous? today I am not feeling improvement in anhedonia or sensitivity in the penis.
defmyst

Unread post by defmyst »

arahant wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:15 am
alexc wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:55 pm Yes, while I was taking it with Prozac I had a strong libido and good function, too! I will NEVER touch an SSRI again but am considering using Buspar alone. I don’t really need it for anxiety it would be solely to treat the PSSD. My biggest concern is down regulating something else and having long-term side effects from it. I would hate to set myself back further but after 12 years it doesn’t seem like I’m moving much further forward with just supplements. I eat a very clean— Gluten-free, dairy free, and mostly organic. I am fairly fit and played tennis 4 to 5 times a week so lifestyle isn’t going to cut it. The only thing I’m currently dealing with is that I still have high mercury in my system despite having all my amalgams removed four years ago. I’m in the process of detoxing the mercury. Other than that I’ve tried just about everything on the natural spectrum.
Regarding long term effects, I am much more than a year on daily doses of buspirone, while six months with buspirone alone, and only that was enough, as side effects just sleepy, drowsiness, up to dizziness at maximum dose. I am not sure about your expectations, but I wouldn't expect libido to the roof, if it happens, congratulations! In my case, sexual drive/libido was much more a consequence of experiencing good sex, than a primary effect. So it started to increase after lots of satisfactory sex. In my case, explosive orgasms, the strongest I have ever experienced. I interpreted like an amnesia of sex, then after a while my brain started to be imagine and crave that sensations again.
Arahant how much would you say that your erection improved? That is did you significant improvement in hardness and ability to maintain it for a long period of time?
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

br-pssd wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:18 am this is my 9th day taking buspirone, i started with 5 mg 3x day, and went up to 10 mg 3x day in some days.
From the 5th day I started to notice benefits, like a more rested body and a better mind.

There were sporadic moments that, my sensitivity and pleasure in the penis improved a lot, and spontaneous erection. and yesterday the anedonia was much better, pleasure in feeling music, something I haven't had in a long time. But these improvements do not last, today I not experienced them.

I intend to take only buspirone, for months, and stay a month at the current dose, 30mg, before going up.

Is it normal for improvements to be sporadic rather than continuous? today I am not feeling improvement in anhedonia or sensitivity in the penis.
Do not bother much about being continuous or not, fluctuations are completely normal. I think everyone get ups and downs because lots of other reasons too, and the human body is not a machine.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)