What should I do?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Ssriruinedmylife

What should I do?

Unread post by Ssriruinedmylife »

Hello my name is Max I’ve just turned 17 and I took Prozac for 3 weeks a couple of months ago because my mom pushed me and blackmailed me to take them. I was in deep grief for a couple of months because my girlfriend (who meant the world to me) died in a car crash (in may this year). My dad died also in december 2018 and I was also going trough grief because of that. I was really devastated and vulnerable because of the events that occured in my life, my mom told me everyday that I was mentally ill and that I needed to medicate myself because she told me that she was going to neglect me if I wasn’t going on them.

So I took them and on the first day taking them I felt like my balls where getting numb but I tought that it was like a normal side effect or something so I continued the drug for 3 weeks and quitted them because I became really suicidal in those weeks for the first time in my life, I was also getting really aggresive and I wanted to feel like a normal human being again. So I quitted them and on de second day after I stopped taking them I got voices in my head and I began hallucinate. (I was really terrified about that because I never had symptoms like that.)I didn’t sleep for two nights. After these nights of pure terror and that I was out of touch with reality I at an high intensive care for mentalhealth and they gave me antipsychotics to get some sleep: and they worked, I went out like a light. 3 months after all this bullshit I still feel really medicated: I cant feel my penis (no orgasms), I’ve constant DR DP, No emotions (not even the grief and I dont feel heartbroken wich I really was before these drugs), I’m still hallicunating and hearing voices, I have cognitive issues, I feel like my sexuality and personality are ripped away of me and last: I am not passionate about things anymore: I’m ussualy a musician and a baseballplayer for the Dutch national team.

So all of this happened because my mom pushed me to take these poisons. I’m constantly thinking about commiting suicide because everyday is a complete hell. I’m just 17 and I feel castrated, this is just crazy. The only thing that I ever needed was love and when I got it I was the happiest kid on earth, but she died and I miss her everyday. But now I feel like I’ve lost the ability to feel love and it’s pure torture.

I’m really terrified and scared about the future because I really don’t want to die but I can’t life feeling like a zombie.

So if anyone has options for me about things that I can do: feel free to respond, I would really appreciate it.

And are there any improvements for finding a cure?

Can someone please help me out? What can I do? I’m willing to do everything to get my life back.

-Max.
AnhedonicApe

Re: What should I do?

Unread post by AnhedonicApe »

Ssriruinedmylife wrote:Hello my name is Max I’ve just turned 17 and I took Prozac for 3 weeks a couple of months ago because my mom pushed me and blackmailed me to take them. I was in deep grief for a couple of months because my girlfriend (who meant the world to me) died in a car crash (in may this year). My dad died also in december 2018 and I was also going trough grief because of that. I was really devastated and vulnerable because of the events that occured in my life, my mom told me everyday that I was mentally ill and that I needed to medicate myself because she told me that she was going to neglect me if I wasn’t going on them.

So I took them and on the first day taking them I felt like my balls where getting numb but I tought that it was like a normal side effect or something so I continued the drug for 3 weeks and quitted them because I became really suicidal in those weeks for the first time in my life, I was also getting really aggresive and I wanted to feel like a normal human being again. So I quitted them and on de second day after I stopped taking them I got voices in my head and I began hallucinate. (I was really terrified about that because I never had symptoms like that.)I didn’t sleep for two nights. After these nights of pure terror and that I was out of touch with reality I at an high intensive care for mentalhealth and they gave me antipsychotics to get some sleep: and they worked, I went out like a light. 3 months after all this bullshit I still feel really medicated: I cant feel my penis (no orgasms), I’ve constant DR DP, No emotions (not even the grief and I dont feel heartbroken wich I really was before these drugs), I’m still hallicunating and hearing voices, I have cognitive issues, I feel like my sexuality and personality are ripped away of me and last: I am not passionate about things anymore: I’m ussualy a musician and a baseballplayer for the Dutch national team.

So all of this happened because my mom pushed me to take these poisons. I’m constantly thinking about commiting suicide because everyday is a complete hell. I’m just 17 and I feel castrated, this is just crazy. The only thing that I ever needed was love and when I got it I was the happiest kid on earth, but she died and I miss her everyday. But now I feel like I’ve lost the ability to feel love and it’s pure torture.

I’m really terrified and scared about the future because I really don’t want to die but I can’t life feeling like a zombie.

So if anyone has options for me about things that I can do: feel free to respond, I would really appreciate it.

And are there any improvements for finding a cure?

Can someone please help me out? What can I do? I’m willing to do everything to get my life back.

-Max.
Sup bro, join the groupsapp, check your PM.
vkn1

Unread post by vkn1 »

This isn’t going to be anything you don’t already know, but I really wouldn’t think about PSSD right now. You probably don’t have it. Why? Because mist people who take SSRIs don’t get it. You are in a crushing life situation right now where you have lost all the sources of love that people rely on for survival in their lives. You father, your lover, and even your mom in a way, since she is criticizing you rather than giving you love. Your crushing situation is the overwhelmingly most likely cause of your loss of sexual function. You still have like 30 years for your sexual function to come back before it is too late to have a family etc. I really think the best thing for you right now is to forget about the idea of PSSD and just let time as well as moving on by focusing on other things take their healing course.
nasibi

Unread post by nasibi »

Nothing, there is nothing to do. Just wait and hope that at some point in future a cure will be found out.
Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live. :(
succubus76

Unread post by succubus76 »

Sorry this happend to you