How I do things/The winning formula

Administrative notes and announcements.
Sonny

How I do things/The winning formula

Unread post by Sonny »

Let me explain how it works here. I have zero tolerance policy for bullshit. I do not care about your unfounded, untenable beliefs which you may try to rationalize. It is not about being "close minded" or needing to "expand my horizons" or whatever other platitudinous bullshit the hopelessly credulous like to hurl at skeptics/rationalists. These are the principles I do everything by, my entire worldview. It's how I run this site, it is one of the of two things that made this site work. The other being me, the real me, when I am not stressed out, harassed by a paranoid schizophrenic stalker, or cleaning up the tornado of bullshit spewed across my forum by gullible hippies.

This is how I do things:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophical_skepticism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_skepticism

I want to try to get things back to the way they were before. This might be painful for some, but it must be done.
pete

Re: How I do things/The winning formula

Unread post by pete »

How about creating the Suggested Treatment List then? I think this might be helpful.
Sonny

Unread post by Sonny »

I just want to bump this. I'm trying to be nice about it, but I'm very serious. I will not allow woo on something I run, and I will not run or even put my name to something that is known to purvey woo.
Sonny

Unread post by Sonny »

This is becoming more trouble than it is worth. I'm very tempted to turn it into an archive with all posting disabled, and no new accounts.
Sonny

Unread post by Sonny »

More to the point: I have neither the time nor the desire to argue and debate with every single person about their personal favorite brand of bullshit, and link to evidence, and point out their logical fallacies and rehash these same old arguments that have been had over and over and over and over again. Read my responses to people in old threads, especially in The Rubbish Bin. I'm sure some of the old debates survived.
scot

Unread post by scot »

@Sonny:
Please don't lose your faith and patience
Last edited by scot on Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sonny

Unread post by Sonny »

Yeah, I suppose so, and I do want to help people. PSSD takes away a major part of the human experience, and I try to get as much of that back as I can, and provide others the knowledge to do the same.
scot

Unread post by scot »

Great
Last edited by scot on Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

I'm going to sticky this to the top of the forum.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)