The Erection Thread

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
fbz

Re: The Erection Thread

Unread post by fbz »

I think the most common problem is unstable brain transmitters, hormones etc. There is no universal cure for everyone, alteast for now. I had a shrinkage and ed too, but i have some windows so i don't believe that is always a permanent damage. Things that helped me : PDE5i, shilajit, BCAA + no trp diet ( serotonine depletation), lithium (same + demethylation of AR and ER), Inositol (window for 2-3 days), and even a cough syrup with butramirate ( it was fucking with AR too)
defmyst

Unread post by defmyst »

naiverat wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:26 am Unfortunately, androgen receptor issues are quite difficult to treat. Have you had your hormones tested? If they are normal (mid - high), you may have issues with receptor receptivity.

I will be trialing high doses of testosterone with low doses of hCG in the coming months. Androgens typically autoregulate centrally, meaning the higher your hormones, the more receptors (and thus hormonal signaling) you have. Autoregulation may not function as it would in the "normal" person if the gene promoters are not working correctly to express ARs. I don't think we have enough data points to conclude how many pssd sufferers have receptor issues (if any - after all, it's all theory, though currently the strongest theory imo).

I'll be sure to create a daily log here when I begin my drug trials.

Good luck!
I had a hormone test done this past Monday. I am still awaiting the results. Will post here once I get them. What specific drugs trials are you planning on starting?
defmyst

Unread post by defmyst »

fbz wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:03 am I think the most common problem is unstable brain transmitters, hormones etc. There is no universal cure for everyone, alteast for now. I had a shrinkage and ed too, but i have some windows so i don't believe that is always a permanent damage. Things that helped me : PDE5i, shilajit, BCAA + no trp diet ( serotonine depletation), lithium (same + demethylation of AR and ER), Inositol (window for 2-3 days), and even a cough syrup with butramirate ( it was fucking with AR too)
Can you please provide information on what specific drugs (or combinations of drugs) you took in each trial and what was the dosage of each drug. Also, since you mentioned you also had shrinkage (I assume you meant erection shrinkage) and then you had windows do you mean that your erection during those windows was actually bigger/back to pre-PSSD normal or you simply meant that you were able to sustain it during sex?
defmyst

Unread post by defmyst »

So I had my hormone test results come out today. My doctor hasn't called me back yet, so it's hard for me to infer much from them yet. If anyone has any comments please feel free to share. Just to remind you, I have ED and very low libido.

Testosterone, Total: 418 mg/dL Standard Range: 249-846 mg/dL
Testosterone, Free: 82pg/mL Standard Range: 47 - 244 pg/mL
Prolactin: 4.50 ng/mL Standard Range: 2.64 - 13.13 ng/mL
Luteinizing Hormone: 2.54 miU/mL Standard Range: 1.24 - 8.62 mIU/mL
Follicle Stimulating Hormone: 2.69 mIU/mL Standard Range: 1.27 - 19.26 mIU/mL
Sex Hormon BInding Glubolun: 28 nmol/L Standard Range: 11 - 80 nmol/L

The huge range of what is considered standard doesn't really help, yet all of my homone levels appear to be below the average.
kpavel

Unread post by kpavel »

Looks like your LH->testosterone is below optimal. Estradiol and progesterone could be meaningful too.
defmyst

Unread post by defmyst »

kpavel wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:10 pm Looks like your LH->testosterone is below optimal. Estradiol and progesterone could be meaningful too.
I read about progesterone and estradiol and was wondering why my urologist didn't order these hormones to be tested as well... I may have to ask him to order these too.

What do you mean exactly by LH->testosterone?

From what I have read, low levels of LH may lead to lower production of Testosterone. So, because the standard range of testosterone is so huge who is to say that my testosterone isn't below my pre antidepressant level? For instance, my testosterone may have been around 800 previously (but it never got tested) and now is at the 400 level (50% drop) yet it may still appear "standard" because it is in the normal range.

This tells me that everyone MUST take a complete hormone test BEFORE they start any treatment with antidepressants. That way you can precisely measure the impact of the antidepressant on your hormonal balance.
kpavel

Unread post by kpavel »

defmyst wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:41 pm
kpavel wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:10 pm Looks like your LH->testosterone is below optimal. Estradiol and progesterone could be meaningful too.
I read about progesterone and estradiol and was wondering why my urologist didn't order these hormones to be tested as well... I may have to ask him to order these too.

What do you mean exactly by LH->testosterone?

From what I have read, low levels of LH may lead to lower production of Testosterone. So, because the standard range of testosterone is so huge who is to say that my testosterone isn't below my pre antidepressant level? For instance, my testosterone may have been around 800 previously (but it never got tested) and now is at the 400 level (50% drop) yet it may still appear "standard" because it is in the normal range.
Yeah, exactly this.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothala ... regulation
fbz

Unread post by fbz »

defmyst wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:27 pm
fbz wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:03 am I think the most common problem is unstable brain transmitters, hormones etc. There is no universal cure for everyone, alteast for now. I had a shrinkage and ed too, but i have some windows so i don't believe that is always a permanent damage. Things that helped me : PDE5i, shilajit, BCAA + no trp diet ( serotonine depletation), lithium (same + demethylation of AR and ER), Inositol (window for 2-3 days), and even a cough syrup with butramirate ( it was fucking with AR too)
Can you please provide information on what specific drugs (or combinations of drugs) you took in each trial and what was the dosage of each drug. Also, since you mentioned you also had shrinkage (I assume you meant erection shrinkage) and then you had windows do you mean that your erection during those windows was actually bigger/back to pre-PSSD normal or you simply meant that you were able to sustain it during sex?
for now im taking lithium orotate, shilajit , tyrosine, bcaa and citruline. I meant it was bigger (normal, pre-pssd). Dosages it's personalized, as supplements i take. It took a year of probes and consultations with Meso.
defmyst

Unread post by defmyst »

I had a Doppler Ultrasound scan done on my penis today. The scan is supposed to check for any problems with blood flow or any damage to the tissue that may cause problems getting and maintaining an erection.

Long story short, there is nothing physically wrong with my penis. I also had a reduction in the girth of my erection and the doctor said that these reductions in girth can occur if there is any damaged/scarred tissue. There is none of that.

I did not really expect anything to come out of this test, but it was nevertheless something I wanted to check off the list. Wanted to let you everyone know as getting this test yourself would likely be a waste of your time or money.
naiverat

Unread post by naiverat »

defmyst wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:22 am So I had my hormone test results come out today. My doctor hasn't called me back yet, so it's hard for me to infer much from them yet. If anyone has any comments please feel free to share. Just to remind you, I have ED and very low libido.

Testosterone, Total: 418 mg/dL Standard Range: 249-846 mg/dL
Testosterone, Free: 82pg/mL Standard Range: 47 - 244 pg/mL
Prolactin: 4.50 ng/mL Standard Range: 2.64 - 13.13 ng/mL
Luteinizing Hormone: 2.54 miU/mL Standard Range: 1.24 - 8.62 mIU/mL
Follicle Stimulating Hormone: 2.69 mIU/mL Standard Range: 1.27 - 19.26 mIU/mL
Sex Hormon BInding Glubolun: 28 nmol/L Standard Range: 11 - 80 nmol/L

The huge range of what is considered standard doesn't really help, yet all of my homone levels appear to be below the average.
Such numbers are pretty common in PSSD sufferers. What is your age? Your total T and free T are borderline low. LH is pulsatile in nature, so seeing a single number at a point in time is not the best indicator of pituitary function. From your numbers, it looks like you may have mild secondary hypogonadism (pituitary isn't putting out enough LH to produce adequate testosterone, and by extension, estrogen).

As someone else said, we don't know if this is your pre-pssd standard. Based on all the pre- and post-pssd bloods I've seen, it's likely your hormones were higher prior to the drugs.

I'd get 2-3 tests over severonths to monitor changes and determine and establish an accurate baseline. One test isn't enough. Oh, and you should have estradiol tested next time.

Some members with low T have benefitted from boosting T. This can be attempted via HPTA reset or hormonal replacement therapy. I'd get more bloodwork and an opinion from your roc before researching either.
Fluoxetine Jan. '16 - Aug. 16'. Low libido, weak erections, CNS dysfunction, anhedonia

Windows on the following: Inositol, choline, NAC + Histidine, MSM, SJW, L-Arginine, Sildenafil, Naltrexone, boron