20%
No votes

Total votes: 5
Wozzi7

Cabergoline Experiment

Unread post by Wozzi7 »

Hello all!

A little background:

SSRI: Paxil, for 2 months starting in January 2011. 20 mg/day at first. Then after no affect after one month, moved up to 40 mg in February. Slowly, over the course of the month, sexual function seemed to decrease but depression did not, so was removed from the medication after a very quick taper as prescribed by my doctor.

PSSD symptoms: Severe erectile dysfunction (20% of normal) and no libido (0%, no joke)

I have tried most of the supplements and a few of the medications mentioned on this forum. Most of them do absolutely nothing, either good or bad. The few that have had some effect seem to slightly modulate my erection strength but never seem to affect my libido whatsoever.

Just started a dosage of Cabergoline which I'm gonna try for a month and see if it has any effect. I know it's not a clean DA but if it has any effect, I'll at least know I'm on the right track and then maybe find a PDOC who'll work with me on finding something like ropinrole.

Generally, you take 0.5 mg per week or 0.25 mg per 3/4 days.

3/12 - 0.5 mg in the morning. Mood GREATLY elevated.
- Quick erections and strong erection strength (75%) through manual stimulation
- Same through mental stimulation
- Maintenance of said erections for a long period of time using manual only or mental only stimulation
- Spontaneous erections throughout the day.
- No affect on physical libido
- Increased flaccid hang
- Orgasms made better than normal, even though I never had a problem with orgasms
- Increased sensation, even though I never noticed a loss before. I also felt increased sensation in my lips and fingertips, oddly enough.

3/13 - Most of the gains have disappeared except for increased flaccid hang, orgasms, and sensation.
elkikko

Re: cabergoline - Sonny OP

Unread post by elkikko »

An endocrine doc suggest this to cure PSSD.
Anyone has tried?
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

User: apachuri has, and last time he posted he reported to be back to 100%. But this was after he stopped Clomid and Caber
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Tenyears27

Unread post by Tenyears27 »

SO, apuchuri said this brought him back 100%¿ From what I read, it takes several months to peak in the blood. I wouldnt expect anything after one dose.
Sonny

Unread post by Sonny »

It doesn't take that long. Not even close. A few days maybe.
r4ndom

Re: Cabergoline Experiment

Unread post by r4ndom »

Wozzi7 wrote:Hello all!

A little background:

SSRI: Paxil, for 2 months starting in January 2011. 20 mg/day at first. Then after no affect after one month, moved up to 40 mg in February. Slowly, over the course of the month, sexual function seemed to decrease but depression did not, so was removed from the medication after a very quick taper as prescribed by my doctor.

PSSD symptoms: Severe erectile dysfunction (20% of normal) and no libido (0%, no joke)

I have tried most of the supplements and a few of the medications mentioned on this forum. Most of them do absolutely nothing, either good or bad. The few that have had some effect seem to slightly modulate my erection strength but never seem to affect my libido whatsoever.

Just started a dosage of Cabergoline which I'm gonna try for a month and see if it has any effect. I know it's not a clean DA but if it has any effect, I'll at least know I'm on the right track and then maybe find a PDOC who'll work with me on finding something like ropinrole.

Generally, you take 0.5 mg per week or 0.25 mg per 3/4 days.

3/12 - 0.5 mg in the morning. Mood GREATLY elevated.
- Quick erections and strong erection strength (75%) through manual stimulation
- Same through mental stimulation
- Maintenance of said erections for a long period of time using manual only or mental only stimulation
- Spontaneous erections throughout the day.
- No affect on physical libido
- Increased flaccid hang
- Orgasms made better than normal, even though I never had a problem with orgasms
- Increased sensation, even though I never noticed a loss before. I also felt increased sensation in my lips and fingertips, oddly enough.

3/13 - Most of the gains have disappeared except for increased flaccid hang, orgasms, and sensation.
Wozzi, you still taking this? Whats the deal if you stopped do you still have improvements? If your still on it, are the results the same?
Wozzi7

Re: Cabergoline Experiment

Unread post by Wozzi7 »

No, I'm not still on this although I do take it from time to time.

Nowadays, when I take it, I get 3 days of perfect erections but little else. It doesn't affect my libido, mood, orgasms, etc.

I can't take it more than that since it increases my resting heart rate by about 20 bpm and is very disconcerting when you're just sitting and your heart is beating through your chest. There was one guy on this forum who took it for 6 months or so but I couldn't deal with that one particular side effect considering how active my lifestyle is.
pii

dopaminagonist Cabergoline

Unread post by pii »

can a dopaminagonist cure me from pssd ? any one tried Cabergoline ?
Chuck83

Re: dopaminagonist Cabergoline

Unread post by Chuck83 »

I used dostinex(cabergoline) around tree years ago for some months for hyperprolactinemia, due to adverse reaction from singole dose of citalopram. This drug is prescribed me by my endocrinologist, is a potent dopamine D2 receptors agonist. I have some benefits with this drug but not cured me, has lowered my prolactin to very low levels, and slightly improved my orgasm and sensitivity(but I can not be sure it was for cabergoline, or I just had to regain something after a few months of adverse reaction).

But I remember some side effects of this drug like headache, weakness, and low blood pressure, I know that in high doses for parkinson disease can be cardiotoxic. I took a very low dose about two half- pills of 0.5mg per week.
continue

Re: dopaminagonist Cabergoline

Unread post by continue »

didn't work for me.
i also tried one single dose of bromocriptine, and it made my numbness worse.