I need your suggestions - CPPS & Motivation

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
LFrecovering

I need your suggestions - CPPS & Motivation

Unread post by LFrecovering »

First of all, I suffer from CPPS for 1 year because I have always been sedentary, thin, with poor posture. In addition, I have social anxiety, OCD and ADHD.

Because of my CPPS, I have erectile dysfunction and hard flaccid. I have all the classic symptoms like changes in penis structure and "hanging", the feeling of it being hollow, soft glands all the time, impossibility to sustain erections for a long time, etc.

I know how I'm supposed to recover. I've done a lot of research and studied a lot about it. I have read many reports about it and I have a great sense of how I should strengthen my weak muscles to release all their tension.

I am trying to get over it, but it is very difficult, because I have no will power to maintain a stretching and strengthening routine (like DCT, which I recommend for many here).

I definitely need a medication for my mental sanity, mainly for my social anxiety and OCD, but I am afraid of also getting PSSD if I use SSRIs.

Many people on the internet report good gains with Nardil and Parnate (mainly for social anxiety), but they have many side effects because such as erectile dysfunction itself, dangerous interactions with food, beer etc. (MAOIs side effects). So, I don’t know if it’s worth my risk, but I’m almost doing it.

Besides, I think about using maybe Amitriptyline alongside of these MAOIs, or even Pregabalin or Gabapentin alone, but I don't know if it will work properly.

I already took Wellbutrin, but I had A LOT of insomnia. I also tried Buspar. In low doses it helped me to calm down a little, but it gave me no motivation. In doses starting at 10mg I had many brain zaps.

I currently use Venvanse when needed, and it really is a good medicine for me, despite the complete suppression of appetite.

So, reading this whole wall of text, what would you recommend me?
Last edited by LFrecovering on Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
john099

Re: I need your suggestions - CPPS & Motivation

Unread post by john099 »

I'm not recommending this but I have found lithium orotate to be helpful for my mental state. I wish i have found it before SSRI many years ago. I also do DCT - great program. I've met David McCoid in person and he is awesome.

I take Lithium Orotate at night because it does make me kind of tired and sluggish so it helps to take at night. I usually take 5 or 10mg
LFrecovering

john099 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:05 pm I'm not recommending this but I have found lithium orotate to be helpful for my mental state. I wish i have found it before SSRI many years ago. I also do DCT - great program. I've met David McCoid in person and he is awesome.

I take Lithium Orotate at night because it does make me kind of tired and sluggish so it helps to take at night. I usually take 5 or 10mg
If you don't mind answering...:

Is this lithium used as a supplement, or as a medicine prescribed by a doctor?

In fact, do you take it every day?

Do you think lithium worsens your erectile dysfunction in any way?
john099

Unread post by john099 »

Lithium Carbonate is the prescription version of it and is way more potent.

Lithium Orotate is a supplement - its a trace mineral - no prescription needed.

You dont have to take it everyday - you can take it whenever you are stressed. I usually take it each night though
LFrecovering

john099 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:45 pm Lithium Carbonate is the prescription version of it and is way more potent.

Lithium Orotate is a supplement - its a trace mineral - no prescription needed.

You dont have to take it everyday - you can take it whenever you are stressed. I usually take it each night though
Thank you for answering that. I just remembered that there are two or three stories of people recovering from PSSD (it was probably just CPPS, actually) using lithium and pelvic floor physiotherapy. I am excited to try this, maybe with only 12h bupropion.
john099

Unread post by john099 »

I would do research on lithium orotate before doing anything - I am not giving you any recommendations just info on what has helped me.

Here is a good youtube video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw-CrAR5E7M
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

LFrecovering wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:29 pm First of all, I suffer from CPPS for 1 year because I have always been sedentary, thin, with poor posture. In addition, I have social anxiety, OCD and ADHD.

Because of my CPPS, I have erectile dysfunction and hard flaccid. I have all the classic symptoms like changes in penis structure and "hanging", the feeling of it being hollow, soft glands all the time, impossibility to sustain erections for a long time, etc.

I know how I'm supposed to recover. I've done a lot of research and studied a lot about it. I have read many reports about it and I have a great sense of how I should strengthen my weak muscles to release all their tension.

I am trying to get over it, but it is very difficult, because I have no will power to maintain a stretching and strengthening routine (like DCT, which I recommend for many here).

I definitely need a medication for my mental sanity, mainly for my social anxiety and OCD, but I am afraid of also getting PSSD if I use SSRIs.

Many people on the internet report good gains with Nardil and Parnate (mainly for social anxiety), but they have many side effects because such as erectile dysfunction itself, dangerous interactions with food, beer etc. (MAOIs side effects). So, I don’t know if it’s worth my risk, but I’m almost doing it.

Besides, I think about using maybe Amitriptyline alongside of these MAOIs, or even Pregabalin or Gabapentin alone, but I don't know if it will work properly.

I already took Wellbutrin, but I had A LOT of insomnia. I also tried Buspar. In low doses it helped me to calm down a little, but it gave me no motivation. In doses starting at 10mg I had many brain zaps.

I currently use Venvanse when needed, and it really is a good medicine for me, despite the complete suppression of appetite.

So, reading this whole wall of text, what would you recommend me?
As someone also with traits of OCD/OCPD/ADHD.

It took a while but I found a combination of buspirone (anxioselective) + Ritalin (stimulant).

Buspirone was tricky to find a proper regimen.
When increasing the dosage, buspirone can give a type of non-vertiginous dizziness/lightheadedness/drowsiness which is confounded with "brain zaps", but I think it is not the same.
I had a lot of it during the first month taking it.
And it usually lasts 30 min, and it goes away over weeks.

Non drug treatments I found CBT/mindfulness valuable, but not for immediate effects, and I have done it for years.
It was during CBT when I learned that people with ADHD traits, like mental hyperactivity, builds anxiety as a compensatory mechanism.
That is was also weird that when I started to take Ritalin, which is a strong stimulant, I felt more calm with more organized thoughts.
Even my speech got more fluent, without rushing to speak a full sentence in few seconds.

I listed a wall of medications already, my only recommendation is taking as minimum as possible.

You somehow know what gave you some benefit, instead of entering in a loop of trying lots of available drugs,
maybe it is just a matter to timing and proper dosage to balance benefits.

Arahant
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

There was also a clinical trial in Japan comparing Buspirone for ADHD with interesting results.

"PT548. Azapirones for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: a systematic review Running Head (Short Title): Azapirones for ADHD"
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5616882/
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)