Significant crash: Timodine cream (contains Hydrocortisone)

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Twentyoneguns

Significant crash: Timodine cream (contains Hydrocortisone)

Unread post by Twentyoneguns »

Sadly, I have to report a significant crash. I’m sharing it in the hope that someone else can dodge the bullet.

August 22nd I was prescribed Timodine cream, which contains hydrocortisone, for a long standing nasty fungal infection in my bum crack. I applied the cream for about a week which totally cleared up the infection.

About one month later, I went down with a fluey feeling and a bad headache in the back of my head (unusual headache type for me), I had a strange anxiety and a pain in my prostate (which had been building for several months before the cream) and the return of CFS and lack of motivation. Maybe Covid19 ?

During the next week my libido, already very low, reduced further, penis looks a bit smaller, but it has a mind of its own and its appearance changes throughout the day. Sleep worsened. I've not got much interest but manage a fap every two days to keep the blood flow going.

The prostate/pelvic pain moves around, sometimes right behind the pubic bone, sometimes in the penis and balls, sometimes I’m clear of pain for a few days.

Enigmatic posted a request for experiences with hydrocortisone just days after I’d finished my treatment…just my luck!

No improvement to date.

What do you think about the timing? Would this happen a month after the treatment finished? Potential for recovery?

21G
Male
PSSD after 3 days on Sertraline (50mg) (Aurobindo) December 2016 to date.
Tinnitus, insomnia (1.5 hours/night sleep) poor memory/cognition as a bonus!
Possibly PSSD from October 1998...just didn't realise what I was suffering from! (pre internet)
Twentyoneguns

Re: Significant crash: Timodine cream (contains Hydrocortisone)

Further to the above crap, I've just checked my blood pressure which shows as 177/115 which is ridiculously high, I normally am around 130/80. I see large doses of Hydrocortisone can raise blood pressure...but this seems mad.

I need to get this under control before I have a stroke.

21G
Male
Possibly PSSD from October 1998...just didn't realise what I was suffering from! (pre internet)
Enigmatic

Unread post by Enigmatic »

Hi 21, sorry to hear of your ongoing struggles. Regarding the Timodine cream, it's difficult to parse out what may have caused the spike in symptoms for you. The active ingredients list BENZALKONIUM CHLORIDE SOLUTION / DIMETICONE / HYDROCORTISONE / NYSTATIN. The first two ingredients seem to be less likely to cause any type of reaction. The nystatin is the active anit-fungal ingredient which is one of the few antifungals that is mentioned on this forum to any significant degree; there is even a thread dedicated to it on this forum where some members even experienced slight benefit in symptoms ( viewtopic.php?f=10&t=365&hilit=nystatin ). The hydrocortisone, which affects the hormone cortisol, could possibly have thrown your homeostasis further out of wack although I do not think this automatically means it will be permanent. You mentioned the high blood pressure which lends support to the hydrocortisone being the issue and generally this drug will artificially elevate one's cortisol levels which could cause the high blood pressure. I think it would be worthwhile to get a panel done on your cortisol levels to get a better idea if that is why you are experiencing these new symptoms. High cortisol levels can cause their own slew of symptoms, but there are ways to lower them as well if that is a causative factor.
climb

Unread post by climb »

Twentyoneguns wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:46 am Sadly, I have to report a significant crash. I’m sharing it in the hope that someone else can dodge the bullet.

August 22nd I was prescribed Timodine cream, which contains hydrocortisone, for a long standing nasty fungal infection in my bum crack. I applied the cream for about a week which totally cleared up the infection.

About one month later, I went down with a fluey feeling and a bad headache in the back of my head (unusual headache type for me), I had a strange anxiety and a pain in my prostate (which had been building for several months before the cream) and the return of CFS and lack of motivation. Maybe Covid19 ?

During the next week my libido, already very low, reduced further, penis looks a bit smaller, but it has a mind of its own and its appearance changes throughout the day. Sleep worsened. I've not got much interest but manage a fap every two days to keep the blood flow going.

The prostate/pelvic pain moves around, sometimes right behind the pubic bone, sometimes in the penis and balls, sometimes I’m clear of pain for a few days.

Enigmatic posted a request for experiences with hydrocortisone just days after I’d finished my treatment…just my luck!

No improvement to date.

What do you think about the timing? Would this happen a month after the treatment finished? Potential for recovery?

21G

Hey man,

sorry to hear about your crash.
I had a bad crash from inositol last January and eventually things have improved a bit.
I initially had what felt like nerve pain and suffered atrophy of genitals and other muscle wastage plus worsened ED.

The ED situation seemed to have generally gone back to PSSD baseline.
I've got gut problems and the atrophied state remains while flaccid. I have very bad constipation now, which I feel puts pressure on the prostate.
I'm drinking prune juice sometimes, which helps with the constipation and therefore the prostate pain.

Where I was getting really constipated, I started getting really bad piles, so I used some cream containing hydro-cortisone to shrink them.
Both times I did this, I ended up having intense wet dreams when I slept, which was a bit bizarre, as I have almost zero libido.

Going back to the crash, it did take a while for things to re-adjust a bit for me, so try to not worry too much that it's not all sorted out so far.
Hope the situation improves.
Twentyoneguns

Thanks for the replies guys. I think the blood pressure thing was just pure stress thing, I repeated the test in a calm manner today and am at roughly 130/80...one good thing at least.

The pain today is getting near the limit I can stand.

It seems every interaction I have with a doctor ends in disaster! I spoke with an old friend who spent her entire career in nursing and she recommended using just vaseline or thick cream to treat fungal infections (keeps air out) and certainly not Hydrocortisone to start with!

I can only give it time and hope some/all of the symptoms resolve on their own, as you say even something as easily available as inositol can cause havoc in people affected by PSSD...I'd previously given up all supplements for fear of worsening my condition, I just let my guard down and bam!

Been looking at reducing cortisol and found:

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/wa ... tems%29%20

All simple stuff really and a better way to live.

Climb, did your pain resolve? pain was one of my symptoms right from the start in 1998, but seemed to fade after a while, but this is far worse.

Thanks again

21G
Male
climb

Unread post by climb »

I will check out the cortisol stuff, thanks.
Yeah, pain in my genitals eased off after a while.
I've found it much better when I sit on a seat with a wide circumference to reduce pressure on the prostate and avoid getting constipated where possible.