No reaction to drug

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
JustOnlyHope

No reaction to drug

Unread post by JustOnlyHope »

Hi,

I got PSSD 3 months ago after Wellbutrin and Trazodone. I would like to know one thing that interests me.

I wanted to try Trazodone and Wellbutrin again to see if anything improve. And I noticed a strange thing.

It does not completely respond to the effects of Trazodone. It used to put me to sleep, cause water retention and constipation. Now that I was taking it, I didn't feel sleepy etc. I also don't feel the effects of alcohol like I used to.

WHY?
succubus76

Re: No reaction to drug

Unread post by succubus76 »

Your dopamine neurons died broh. Mcpp (trazodone metabolite) is known to damage the mitochondria of dopaminergic neurons by oxidate estresa and eventually die
JustOnlyHope

Thanks, but still it doesn’t explaine why I’m not sleepy after Trazodone as I always was.
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

JustOnlyHope wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:06 pm Thanks, but still it doesn’t explaine why I’m not sleepy after Trazodone as I always was.
Did you take it once after being of for months? Are you sure you are not overanalyzing your body after taking it again?
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
JustOnlyHope

For sure. I’ve been taking it almost 2 weeks I was always so sleepy and dizzy before go to sleep probably because of antagonism of 5ht2a and interaction with H1). I had always problem with retention and constipation, that was a reason why I wanted to quit it at the beginning.

Now, don’t have any side effect and don’t feel no more “sleepy and dizzy” what can be the reason?
JustOnlyHope

succubus76 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:28 pm Your dopamine neurons died broh. Mcpp (trazodone metabolite) is known to damage the mitochondria of dopaminergic neurons by oxidate estresa and eventually die
I understand why people feel here worse than ever. Mate, you shouldn’t say like this like it could be so easy and certain “bruh, you dopaminergic neurons are DEAD” come on, maybe you right, who knows but I don’t think so it’s that simple to say it.

Sometimes reading topic here I feel like people lead other people down because of their own misery except some good users.
Thomas

Unread post by Thomas »

Well, people take antidepressants because they are depressed or anxious. Add loss of sexuality. Don't expect too much positivity or even neutrality here ;)
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine 7,5mg/day, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, 5mg/day, Feb-May 2020.
Symptoms: sexual & emotional numbness
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

JustOnlyHope wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:07 am For sure. I’ve been taking it almost 2 weeks I was always so sleepy and dizzy before go to sleep probably because of antagonism of 5ht2a and interaction with H1). I had always problem with retention and constipation, that was a reason why I wanted to quit it at the beginning.

Now, don’t have any side effect and don’t feel no more “sleepy and dizzy” what can be the reason?
The body is not machine, so "always" might not be the perfect word for interpret it. What you perceive as "no response" can be easily interpreted as "no side effects", which is not something certainly bad.
Wellbutrin is an amphetamine substituted and it can be quite stimulant, depending on the time you take especially 24 h release pills. I took it for many years as off label treatment of ADHD, also because it was not controled as Ritalin... Sometimes I started Ritalin and lost taste a bit, after a while the taste was back, was it losing response of the drug? Or just a side effect gone?

The stimulant effects of wellbutrin can easily counter the mild sedation of Trazodone. Also, constipation is annoying, be thankful you are not having it again.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
heymartinn

Unread post by heymartinn »

But the dude mentioned that he doesn't respond to alcohol too. Is he just ain't feeling the "side-effects" of it? It makes no sense. I also feel a clear distinction on how I used to respond to drugs before and after SNRI. MDMA, psychedelics, weed, alcohol, benzos, stimulants, all these substances have lost intensity to me. There's no euphoria whatsoever, serotonergics gives me a slight stim, that's all. A year and a half was enough time for me to come to a conclusion that the reason is some persistent changes in the brain, no an issue of perception.
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

heymartinn wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:17 am But the dude mentioned that he doesn't respond to alcohol too. Is he just ain't feeling the "side-effects" of it? It makes no sense. I also feel a clear distinction on how I used to respond to drugs before and after SNRI. MDMA, psychedelics, weed, alcohol, benzos, stimulants, all these substances have lost intensity to me. There's no euphoria whatsoever, serotonergics gives me a slight stim, that's all. A year and a half was enough time for me to come to a conclusion that the reason is some persistent changes in the brain, no an issue of perception.
What are your symptoms?