Seroxat for 1,5 Years

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
iull1k

Seroxat for 1,5 Years

Unread post by iull1k »

Hello to all members of this community.
First of all i want to start with an introduction. I have 22 years old, a beatiful girlfriend, a friendly family and all that can make me happy. But because of a irresponsible neurologist i'm in the same boat as all of us. I always had an anxious behaviour but this never bothered me. I was happy and all was fine until january 2014 when after a surgery i had first panick attack followed by an extreme anxiety. Finally after different attempts to get back on the track, i started to use Seroxat (Paroxetine) 10mg + Clonozepam. All was fine but i still had some troubles and was upped to 20mg after 3-4 months. In some months my condition stabilized and all was fine. I had normal libido, i even remember how i was horny right after seeing pictures on fb. In march-april i started to taper from my dose. From 20 mg to 15, 10, 7.5, 5. On each dose i stoped for one month, In may-june i falled in love (10mg). I still remember how on my birthday i was with my girlfriend and noticed her tanga under the dress and a fire passed trough me. Even 2 months ago (mild july) i was in a trip with my girlfriend and i had all range of emotions (5 mg). At the end of the july i had a very stressful situation in my family ( because of health problem of my dad) and there is moment when all started to change. My appetite decreased,I have not eaten a few days, subfebrile fever, fatigue , pain in eyes and sensibility at light , headaches on left side and so on. On day 3 or 4 because of excessive stress and lack of sleep i took 0.5mg clonozepam. In the morning i had a wet dream and my morning wood was not so hard. Next day was the same. I still had erections but my libido started to fade (because of stress i thought and even not noticed this as a problem). But i still had emotions and sexuality was still there, i even planned a trip in september. From october i planned to begin studies for master degree. On 6 august i drank a 2% beer, all night something happened in my gut and the next day i had a intoxication with fever and diarrhea .The culmination of this story is from 9 to 10 august when i tapered from 5 mg to 3 mg. At 7PM (i take it at night not in the morning) i got my dose and arround at 9PM i was with my girlfriend in park when i felt something like before panic attack. Next day when i woke up i understood that something is strange but was not sure what is happening. Zero libido, no emotions, poor erections, genital anaesthesia (and not only genital but on whole body i had less sensitive skin), numbs hands or legs during sleep or even during day, unable to sleep, and lot of other symptoms. An interesting thing was my dark urine from first day that lasted arround 5 days (something that i think has to do with Ion channels - sodium-potassium-calcium) . I made medical tests and my free testosterone is at lower limit, my cortisol was at higher limit and my prolactine was fine) Until 30 august i tapered completly as was sure that this is best decision after all that i had read about pssd. After tapering i hade a week with better erections. Now i'm on 14 september. I sleep well, numbness and fatigue decreased and my headaches practically disappeared. I still have all other symptoms like anaesthesia, zero libido, poor erections, no emotions, premature ejaculation, frequent urination, anxiety, lack of concentration and decreased mental abilities.

I read virtually all existing information about PSSD and i understood like all people that are there involved that we are in a big ass! :D I even don't know how the fuck i can smile now.
So what we have now.
I thought for a long time and defined three options :
1) Chemical ( Dopamine, histamine, prolactine receptors and so on modulations by meds)
2) Natural (sensitization with Curcumin, Inositol, SJW. Trying to lower serotonin - shilajit , ginseng panax...SERT modulation with Zinc and so on)
3) Going back slow on SSRI ( This is a option that i accepted in my brain just yesterday, until is not too late to do this ) at low dose that i felt fine (5-10mg) and to try to taper again slower with the hope that messed up neurotransmitters will restore back. This story inspired me and also a Ghost's post where he wrote about 2 guys on paxil http://survivingantidepressants.org/ind ... s-effects/
I thought about it because seems like there is a probability that all what is happening now have to do with withdrawal because i don't had this problems on seroxat (at least emotional anhedonia)

Also i have a rational neurologist that which was agree with what happens. He's not saying that everything is in my head , he read much literature to understand the issue even after work hours but don't know how to deal with this. More then this i have a lovely and understanding girlfriend.

Guys, i'm ready to read any of yours advice and be free to write all that you think. I really hope for help.
infinityzer00000

Re: Seroxat for 1,5 Years

Unread post by infinityzer00000 »

When you say anesthesia what exactly do you mean?
Maldoror

Unread post by Maldoror »

The best thing you can do for now is enroll in this study. Hurry up as you've only got 4 days: http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=409
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

Welcome to the forum. I'm excited that you're willing to try what it may take to get better. We're all along in this together.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
iull1k

Unread post by iull1k »

infinityzer00000 wrote:When you say anesthesia what exactly do you mean?
Less sensations on the skin in genital area and on the whole body.
iull1k

Unread post by iull1k »

I need you advices about going back on SSRI. What do you think about this in my case? Also on which SSRI would be better to go back, the used one or another? Thank's
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

iull1k wrote:I need you advices about going back on SSRI. What do you think about this in my case? Also on which SSRI would be better to go back, the used one or another? Thank's
If you go back on it, you'd probably have to stay on it to feel better, and that isn't even guaranteed. I'd suggest that as a last resort. There is still a chance that your symptoms will fade away soon, as you've been off less than a month.

I'd try Curcumin, Inositol, and maybe Zinc (for testosterone and libido)

If you do go back on an SSRI, go back on Paxil because that's what did the damage the first time.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
future-recovery

Unread post by future-recovery »

You could create a thread in the surviving antidepressants forum.
When someone has withdrawal symptoms it can lead to a paradoxic reaction if one reinstates the drug after more than 1-2 months.
Last edited by future-recovery on Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
German fmri study about PSSD could be possible! Criteria: http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1020
Send a mail to user sulawesi: sulawesi1@web.de
scot

Unread post by scot »

Not interesting
Last edited by scot on Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
future-recovery

Unread post by future-recovery »

Scot, he knows that he has got PSSD, so he knows that antidepressants can be dangerous. Some people who have withdrawal symptoms recover when they reinstate the drug.
German fmri study about PSSD could be possible! Criteria: http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1020
Send a mail to user sulawesi: sulawesi1@web.de