Currently on Fenclonine

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
lepardglass

Currently on Fenclonine

Unread post by lepardglass »

Posting this while doing the experiment, will do a report afterwards.

Been ramping up the dosage the last few days, now at 1g/day, planning on going up to 2g, continuing it for a few more days then stop.

First 2 days at 100mg had me feeling weird, but now the noticeable effects are very minimal. Perhaps a bit of depression but its really not that bad.

Please let me know if there are things you want me to test. I don't have any MAOIs but I can try a small dose of adderall to see what boosting other amines will do.
Meso

Re: Currently on Fenclonine

Unread post by Meso »

lepardglass wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:34 am Posting this while doing the experiment, will do a report afterwards.

Been ramping up the dosage the last few days, now at 1g/day, planning on going up to 2g, continuing it for a few more days then stop.

First 2 days at 100mg had me feeling weird, but now the noticeable effects are very minimal. Perhaps a bit of depression but its really not that bad.

Please let me know if there are things you want me to test. I don't have any MAOIs but I can try a small dose of adderall to see what boosting other amines will do.
Very interesting trial! although I highly doubt that lowering serotonin (alone) would be beneficial. Perhaps you should work out a regimen instead of simply lowering serotonin. For example, you can run Fenclonine + Zuranolone + Dextroamphetamine. I believe this can be very powerful.
"The Research Zone" is permanently down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
lepardglass

Currently on 3g/day, it is surprisingly tolerable. Effect on drive is very minimal thus far.
This is acute intake, I'm wondering what happens if you take this for a month or so and some neuroplasticity starts kicking in.
Meso wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:46 am Very interesting trial! although I highly doubt that lowering serotonin (alone) would be beneficial. Perhaps you should work out a regimen instead of simply lowering serotonin. For example, you can run Fenclonine + Zuranolone + Dextroamphetamine. I believe this can be very powerful.
Can you explain the logic behind Zuranolone? Seems like a really obscure drug.
Delfador

Unread post by Delfador »

As far as I know, fenclonine is a suicide inhibitor, meaning that you only need to take once every few days, no point in using it daily.

Keep us updated with the side effects too. If it doesn't make you depressed, then that means your dopamine signaling is doing a great job, even in total absence of excitatory serotonine signals, in my humble layman opinion.
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

lepardglass wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:24 pm Can you explain the logic behind Zuranolone? Seems like a really obscure drug.
Sure. Certain antidepressants raise the level of a neurosteroid called Allopregnanolone. Upon withdrawal of said ADs, there is a significant loss of GABA-A and dopamine signaling since Allopregnanolone is also withdrawn concurrently.

Allopregnanolone is a positive allosteric modulator of GABA-A receptors, among other actions. GABA-A receptors can sometimes take quite a long time to return to their normal sensitivity as seen in protracted benzodiazepine withdrawal that can take many months or more.

Zuranolone works basically as synthetic, orally active version of a pregnane neurosteroid, making it a positive allosteric modulator of GABA-A receptors.
lepardglass

Delfador wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:02 pm As far as I know, fenclonine is a suicide inhibitor, meaning that you only need to take once every few days, no point in using it daily.

Keep us updated with the side effects too. If it doesn't make you depressed, then that means your dopamine signaling is doing a great job, even in total absence of excitatory serotonine signals, in my humble layman opinion.
I'm getting the same side as when I stop taking an SSRI, which is this hard to describe vertigo hot flashes through my body that happens especially when I'm moving. Nothing else ever gave me this sensation so we really know its messing with the serotonin system.

My mood is definitely lower, but it's really not that bad. I'm on 3g/day still. I want to keep doing it for 3 weeks to see what kind of equilibrium it creates.

I did read that it permanently binds to the hydroxylase and this one takes like a week to replenish, so dosing every day might not be necessary, but it's roughly the equivalent of if i was taking a dose 3 time larger every 3 days imo.

I did try adderall one day and it was very similar to without fenclonine, perhaps a bit brain foggy and less clean than usual.

Can't really think of other side effects, I was expecting more.

On the sex side it's basically exactly like before. Any Idea on what could be coupled with it to try to impact libido?
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

lepardglass wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:03 pm
Delfador wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:02 pm As far as I know, fenclonine is a suicide inhibitor, meaning that you only need to take once every few days, no point in using it daily.

I'm getting the same side as when I stop taking an SSRI, which is this hard to describe vertigo hot flashes through my body that happens especially when I'm moving. Nothing else ever gave me this sensation so we really know its messing with the serotonin system.

My mood is definitely lower, but it's really not that bad. I'm on 3g/day still. I want to keep doing it for 3 weeks to see what kind of equilibrium it creates.

I did read that it permanently binds to the hydroxylase and this one takes like a week to replenish, so dosing every day might not be necessary, but it's roughly the equivalent of if i was taking a dose 3 time larger every 3 days imo.

I did try adderall one day and it was very similar to without fenclonine, perhaps a bit brain foggy and less clean than usual.

On the sex side it's basically exactly like before. Any Idea on what could be coupled with it to try to impact libido?
Did you have any cognitive side effects during or after ssri use? Like fatigue, brain fog, emotional bluntness, etc. Or are your symptoms mainly sexual?
lepardglass

Tree wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:25 pm
lepardglass wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:03 pm

Did you have any cognitive side effects during or after ssri use? Like fatigue, brain fog, emotional bluntness, etc. Or are your symptoms mainly sexual?
Slightly at the end which is why I stopped. The sexual symptoms though really got extreme when I stopped taking it, each time I would lower the dose to taper out it would instantly get worse, while i was on the drug it was only a mild reduction. I should add that it did give me the emotional bluntness, and im pretty sure it also made me shitty at sports. This was 10 years ago it ruined my life as you can imagine.
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

Any updates?
ErgogenicHealth

Unread post by ErgogenicHealth »

Curious to hear the end of this report... How are you feeling now?
When I NUKED serotonin with Cyproheptadine microdose, or BCAA + Tyrosine combo, I actually felt worse.