Major windows for months, then a CRASH

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Scout19

Major windows for months, then a CRASH

Unread post by Scout19 »

Hello. I have had PSSD since 2018, so over three years now. In the last several months, out of nowhere, I started having really strong and long-lasting windows. My sexual functioning was just about normal for weeks on end, interrupted only by short waves lasting a few days to a week. This went on for probably 3-4 months. I finally felt like I was turning a corner on PSSD. I felt like I saw the light at the end of the tunnel and recovery was within reach.

Then about a month ago, I crashed hard. My functioning has been basically non-existent this entire time. I would go so far as to say this is the worst state I have been in for the entire time I have had PSSD, with no respite at all. It really sucks, after all the progress I thought I made. I just don't know how to make sense of what is going on. Why do I have these windows, what do they mean, and why did I crash like this? I don't understand.
Meso

Re: Major windows for months, then a CRASH

Unread post by Meso »

Scout19 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:51 am Hello. I have had PSSD since 2018, so over three years now. In the last several months, out of nowhere, I started having really strong and long-lasting windows. My sexual functioning was just about normal for weeks on end, interrupted only by short waves lasting a few days to a week. This went on for probably 3-4 months. I finally felt like I was turning a corner on PSSD. I felt like I saw the light at the end of the tunnel and recovery was within reach.

Then about a month ago, I crashed hard. My functioning has been basically non-existent this entire time. I would go so far as to say this is the worst state I have been in for the entire time I have had PSSD, with no respite at all. It really sucks, after all the progress I thought I made. I just don't know how to make sense of what is going on. Why do I have these windows, what do they mean, and why did I crash like this? I don't understand.
Have you changed anything in your diet? added new spices to foods? what about supplements you take? You gotta remember anything you have done differently before the crash.
My blog "The Research Zone" is currently :roll: down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
Scout19

Unread post by Scout19 »

Meso wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:03 am
Scout19 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:51 am Hello. I have had PSSD since 2018, so over three years now. In the last several months, out of nowhere, I started having really strong and long-lasting windows. My sexual functioning was just about normal for weeks on end, interrupted only by short waves lasting a few days to a week. This went on for probably 3-4 months. I finally felt like I was turning a corner on PSSD. I felt like I saw the light at the end of the tunnel and recovery was within reach.

Have you changed anything in your diet? added new spices to foods? what about supplements you take? You gotta remember anything you have done differently before the crash.
The only thing I took before the crash was some Adrafinil (prodrug of Modafinil) to help me concentrate on the LSAT. I really didn't want to take it because I was doing so well but I felt I needed it for the test. I took it a few times over the course of a week in relatively small doses to experiment with before the test. I'm not sure how the Adrafinil would have caused me to crash. I'm more inclined to believe that my body just naturally crashed but I could be wrong.
Idoagree

Unread post by Idoagree »

Scout19 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:13 am
Meso wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:03 am

The only thing I took before the crash was some Adrafinil (prodrug of Modafinil) to help me concentrate on the LSAT. I really didn't want to take it because I was doing so well but I felt I needed it for the test. I took it a few times over the course of a week in relatively small doses to experiment with before the test. I'm not sure how the Adrafinil would have caused me to crash. I'm more inclined to believe that my body just naturally crashed but I could be wrong.
Yea, I think that’s likely what caused your crash. 1+1=2 right? I’m sure you’ve read on the forum that people have crashed from a lot less. If what you’re saying to us is the truth, then the only variable you changed was that drug, then you likely crashed from that.
kpavel

Unread post by kpavel »

Scout19 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:13 am The only thing I took before the crash was some Adrafinil (prodrug of Modafinil) to help me concentrate on the LSAT. I really didn't want to take it because I was doing so well but I felt I needed it for the test. I took it a few times over the course of a week in relatively small doses to experiment with before the test. I'm not sure how the Adrafinil would have caused me to crash. I'm more inclined to believe that my body just naturally crashed but I could be wrong.
Did your attention, wakefulness, short-term memory change since?
UKContributor

Unread post by UKContributor »

Did anything in your personal life change that may have triggered recovery?
JP1985

Unread post by JP1985 »

Do you suffer only sexually? Or has anything else got worse since the crash?
Last pill March 2019 - Citalopram for 7 years
Numbed penis and weak orgasm
Fatigue
Slightly blunted
Dizziness (this has improved a lot in the last 6 months)
Scout19

Unread post by Scout19 »

kpavel wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:53 am
Scout19 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:13 am The only thing I took before the crash was some Adrafinil (prodrug of Modafinil) to help me concentrate on the LSAT. I really didn't want to take it because I was doing so well but I felt I needed it for the test. I took it a few times over the course of a week in relatively small doses to experiment with before the test. I'm not sure how the Adrafinil would have caused me to crash. I'm more inclined to believe that my body just naturally crashed but I could be wrong.
Did your attention, wakefulness, short-term memory change since?
No. Obviously the drug had those effects, but they went away. My window began to dissipate a few days after first using Adrafinil. It probably seems obvious the Adrafinil caused the window to end, but I expected the window to end anyway. I just didn't expect the wave to be so long and deep.
Scout19

Unread post by Scout19 »

UKContributor wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:25 am Did anything in your personal life change that may have triggered recovery?
Nothing changed for me. I just randomly started experiencing really strong windows last fall. It was very odd and confusing since over three years I made little progress.
Scout19

Unread post by Scout19 »

JP1985 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:01 am

Do you suffer only sexually? Or has anything else got worse since the crash?
My symptoms are really only sexual. I used to have really bad brain fog but that went away.