Trying Lithium

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Troskie

Trying Lithium

Unread post by Troskie »

After not experiencing much relief from cbd, trying Lithium Orotate now. Starting with 5mg a day prior to bed. This is my 4th day taking it and I gotta say... man do I have brain fog. I work as a software engineer and i'm having some trouble focusing and putting my thoughts together. I'm hoping this is just an initial effect and over the course of a week or two I won't be so foggy. I do feel almost high, not sure if that's normal. Also, I just started running (~10 weeks ago), and my first run after being on lithium was noticeably better. I ran faster and my heart beat was 10 bpm slower than usual. Not sure if that's mental or maybe some effect on... nitric oxide? I want to give it at least a couple weeks to see if there is any improvement, so far not much change sexually.
JP1985

Re: Trying Lithium

Unread post by JP1985 »

Lithium is the one supp I’ve seen help people the most, give it time to work and keep us updated please!

Ps how long have you had PSSD and what drug gave it you?
Last pill March 2019 - Citalopram for 7 years
Numbed penis and weak orgasm
Fatigue
Slightly blunted
Dizziness (this has improved a lot in the last 6 months)
Troskie

Unread post by Troskie »

I will give it time. My only concern is my productivity at work has drastically dropped - thankfully i'm going on vacation next week.

I took citalopram (celexa) for about 8 months late 2010-2011. I was 19 at the time. PSSD after coming off, so for about 10 years now. Along with pssd, i've had anhedonia and anxiety.
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

I know that Nomad started it with bcaa and tyrosine which could help with the brainfog. Might be worth a shot if the brainfog gets too bad. Afaik he is still combining it with l-tyrosine
JP1985

Unread post by JP1985 »

Troskie wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:53 pm I will give it time. My only concern is my productivity at work has drastically dropped - thankfully i'm going on vacation next week.

I took citalopram (celexa) for about 8 months late 2010-2011. I was 19 at the time. PSSD after coming off, so for about 10 years now. Along with pssd, i've had anhedonia and anxiety.
10 years? 😩 has anything improved? And what if so?
Fatigue
Slightly blunted
Troskie

Unread post by Troskie »

I would say little to no improvement. I've only had good windows when i've taken adderall in the past year. Still genital numbness, pretty much no libido, PE, orgasms feel a small fraction of what they used to. I also suffer from anxiety and anhedonia in general, which I have always attributed (especially the anhedonia) to taking antidepressants in the first place. I became real anxious when I was a teenager after smoking tons of pot daily for a couple years. To deal with that anxiety, my doctor recommended celexa, which at 19 I didn't think twice about. I felt pretty good on celexa and my libido I think was ok on it, but once I got off libido basically went away.

I'm not sure whether the anxiety/anhedonia I deal with now were actually induced by the ssri, or from teenage drug use. I go back and forth. The sexual effects I 100% attribute to the celexa.
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Troskie wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:41 am I would say little to no improvement. I've only had good windows when i've taken adderall in the past year. Still genital numbness, pretty much no libido, PE, orgasms feel a small fraction of what they used to. I also suffer from anxiety and anhedonia in general, which I have always attributed (especially the anhedonia) to taking antidepressants in the first place. I became real anxious when I was a teenager after smoking tons of pot daily for a couple years. To deal with that anxiety, my doctor recommended celexa, which at 19 I didn't think twice about. I felt pretty good on celexa and my libido I think was ok on it, but once I got off libido basically went away.

I'm not sure whether the anxiety/anhedonia I deal with now were actually induced by the ssri, or from teenage drug use. I go back and forth. The sexual effects I 100% attribute to the celexa.
Regarding weed. This study may clarify a bit:
"Marijuana use dampens brain's response to reward over time, study finds"
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 114407.htm
The new results come from the first long-term study of young marijuana users that tracked brain responses to rewards over time. It was performed at the University of Michigan Medical School.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
Troskie

Unread post by Troskie »

arahant: any idea on how to reverse adolescent marijuana effects? Not sure this is possible. I tried cbd for about a month before lithium with little to no help.

I think i'm going to have to quit lithium. I'm taking the minimum orotate dose (5mg) and im just spaced out, can't put thoughts together, delayed reactions times, etc. Actually I feel like i'm in a state of psychosis. I'm wondering how others on this forum have taken even higher doses without mentioning this. Maybe i'm just sensitive to it.
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Troskie wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:55 pm arahant: any idea on how to reverse adolescent marijuana effects? Not sure this is possible. I tried cbd for about a month before lithium with little to no help.
Let's try to put things in perspective. You used pot heavily for years and expected CBD/lithium helping in a month? Does that sound equivalent?

I guess there are professionals with experience in heavy drug users at teen ages. It may worth searching for providers around and get a detailed evaluation.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
JP1985

Unread post by JP1985 »

arahant wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 11:06 am
Troskie wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:41 am I would say little to no improvement. I've only had good windows when i've taken adderall in the past year. Still genital numbness, pretty much no libido, PE, orgasms feel a small fraction of what they used to. I also suffer from anxiety and anhedonia in general, which I have always attributed (especially the anhedonia) to taking antidepressants in the first place. I became real anxious when I was a teenager after smoking tons of pot daily for a couple years. To deal with that anxiety, my doctor recommended celexa, which at 19 I didn't think twice about. I felt pretty good on celexa and my libido I think was ok on it, but once I got off libido basically went away.

Regarding weed. This study may clarify a bit:
"Marijuana use dampens brain's response to reward over time, study finds"
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 114407.htm
The new results come from the first long-term study of young marijuana users that tracked brain responses to rewards over time. It was performed at the University of Michigan Medical School.
Are we screwed now then if we smoked weed as teenagers? I smoked it for 3 or 4 years and this post has made me paranoid now that I won’t recover cos of it 😩 wish I didn’t read it tbh 🤦‍♂️
Fatigue
Slightly blunted