My theory - Etiology of PSSD and potential treatment.

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
bigpoppa10040

Re: My theory - Etiology of PSSD and potential treatment.

Unread post by bigpoppa10040 »

Across all forums, you guys will know I’m on the theory this is autoimmune. However, one thing that scares me are posts throughout forums about people having qeegs and fmris showing profound brain dysfunction. Calm my mind and tell me we didn’t burn out receptors or our brain. I’m hoping these tests are abnormal because of other things, not organic brain damage.
Area1255_2021

Unread post by Area1255_2021 »

Magnesium L-Threonate should work then. I've been taking it. Maybe it has mild benefit, hard to tell 'cus I'm taking so much other stuff.
Maxin

Unread post by Maxin »

Meso wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:36 pm
guacamo wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:46 am In inositol metabolism and Ca2+ signaling.
I don't think it's that simple. You are onto something here for sure, but it's not the only root issue. There are several factors we must consider. Sex hormone receptors are methylated/silenced. I keep seeing people with normal testosterone levels yet they lack nocturnal erections and morning wood. Also, the genital numbness might be peripheral; a problem affecting the spinal cord, I reckon.

Either way, the only way we can know whether your hypothesis is solid is through good ol` trial and error. I appreciate the fact that you are trying this on yourself. Thank you for that. I always try things on myself to share with other members my reactions before they try it themselves.

That said, several of my patients have found relief with supraphysiological TRT + lithium + progesterone, through trial-and-error, which points towards methylation and sex hormone receptors' malfunction.
Silenced sex hormone receptors. Yes in my case. I have literally no estrogen or testosterone (I’m female). Suffering horrendous hot flashes. Problem is using these hormones to get levels up makes my anhedonia and fatigue so much worse. It’s like it just shuts the receptors off further and I feel so terrible and apathetic. I’m damned if I do and damned if I don’t.
dosp35

Unread post by dosp35 »

I’m waiting for my Inositol supplement to arrive. If it works for PSSD, I’ll update you.
Wellbutrin XL 300mg
Remeron 45mg
Rexulti 2mg
Vyvanse 70mg
MisterCharlie

Unread post by MisterCharlie »

dosp35 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:20 am I’m waiting for my Inositol supplement to arrive. If it works for PSSD, I’ll update you.
so update us
PEUS_DEUS

Unread post by PEUS_DEUS »

I was about to make my own thread on intracellular calcium release for this pathway but found this one. That being said I would like to revive this thread. I am able to make the Cypro rebound come a day earlier or strengthen it with inositol. I am also able to replicate it with megadoses of quercitin (protein kinase C inhibitor) and create a rebound.

Every medication and supplement I have seen that causes a window has a connection to the phospholipase C - IP3 pathway in some form. I’m not going to put my hat in the 5HT2B theory (yet) but I am confident that something along this pathway is the answer.
sylv

Unread post by sylv »

PEUS_DEUS wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:23 am I was about to make my own thread on intracellular calcium release for this pathway but found this one. That being said I would like to revive this thread. I am able to make the Cypro rebound come a day earlier or strengthen it with inositol. I am also able to replicate it with megadoses of quercitin (protein kinase C inhibitor) and create a rebound.

Every medication and supplement I have seen that causes a window has a connection to the phospholipase C - IP3 pathway in some form. I’m not going to put my hat in the 5HT2B theory (yet) but I am confident that something along this pathway is the answer.
In the past I was also a strong believer into disrupted intracellular calcium homeostasis ( associated with hPI3K activity ) theory, but now I have drifted toward synaptogenic theory. It's explains more conveniently persistence of emotional blunting and kindling reaction to antidepressant.
PEUS_DEUS

Unread post by PEUS_DEUS »

sylv wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:49 pm
PEUS_DEUS wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:23 am I was about to make my own thread on intracellular calcium release for this pathway but found this one. That being said I would like to revive this thread. I am able to make the Cypro rebound come a day earlier or strengthen it with inositol. I am also able to replicate it with megadoses of quercitin (protein kinase C inhibitor) and create a rebound.

In the past I was also a strong believer into disrupted intracellular calcium homeostasis ( associated with hPI3K activity ) theory, but now I have drifted toward synaptogenic theory. It's explains more conveniently persistence of emotional blunting and kindling reaction to antidepressant.
Could you please go into more detail? My immediate response is if that’s the case why doesn’t BDNF, NGF increasing compounds help?
BlackCat

Unread post by BlackCat »

I see you've mentioned calcium a couple of times in the OP. Could you tell me why does calcium make my PSSD worse for 48 hours every time I take it? Half a gram is enough to make me crash to almost complete impotence. And I need calcium cause I'm deficient in my diet. This happens with a glass of milk too, so it's all forms of calcium.
link11

Unread post by link11 »

What dose of quercetin gives you a window?
And what are some of these substances?

I wish it was easier to inhibit protein kinase C