I am going to drop a major bomb soon

This is for hypothesis and even educated speculation.
arahant

Re: I am going to drop a major bomb soon

Unread post by arahant »

Impermanence wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:34 am
Breathdeep wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:39 am
Impermanence wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:57 pm I'm neurologist but many of my patients have SSRI (not from me!!). Now I don't prescribe SSRI under 65 years old and I use Vortioxetine always
Seeing as your a neurologist, what's your honest opinion on this site. I see allot of people that talk as if they are consultants and seem to assume learning about specific parts of biology/medicine means they can speak with some level of clout that high up medical professionals have. Now I'm not disputing this but wanted to know your thoughts?
To be honest I'm quite impressionated from somes who don't seem to be related to médecine and who say and know very interesting thing. I don't overtheorise in this forum because the only thing we truly know about PSSD is that we don't really know where does it from.
I also know that nowdays, with pubmed and the availability of the studies it's possible, not easy for everyone but possible to get a very good knowledge on a subject. That's why even if I'm neurologist and i also did a lot of research on PSSD, on neuro-sexuality I don't consider myself better than other here on this forum.
The only thing I think is too bas is that we don't do enough epidemiology and when someone ask a question we are so little to answer.
I would imagine something more clear, like a vote for any stuff like for example : Gingko biloba trial : positif, neutral, bad reaction. Use of tobacco, marijuana etc.
Our force here is the number we are but I think we under use it.
Why not using a systematic assessment for each supplement we try for example.
If it's very difficult to make a decent theory from pssd and try to figure out a treatment from this but it's possible to only consider experiences. Which supplement gave window? Which lead to recovery? Maybe try to take together fews promising supplement etc.
You as a neurologist by background have more solid knowledge in this area, which is much more than the "reading and spanning" pubmed abstracts on internet groups.

What's your intuition regarding genital anesthesia persisting for a while? Can it be pudenal or peripheral desensitization? maybe due excessive masturbation grip, you know, when our senses are deprived, there's some compensatory tendency, for example when listening to music wearing headphones, there's a tendency of speaking louder. I would expect someone, including myself, gripping harder on and after taking SSRIs. But There's also some speculation, mostly Dr. Healy regarding sodium channels..
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
Breathdeep

Unread post by Breathdeep »

Good points. Btw on another topic, what do you think of fasting?
Sertraline 2018-2019
Fluoxetine November 2020
Symptoms low libido and ED
also muted emotions
Impermanence

Unread post by Impermanence »

arahant wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:51 am
Breathdeep wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:39 am
Seeing as your a neurologist, what's your honest opinion on this site. I see allot of people that talk as if they are consultants and seem to assume learning about specific parts of biology/medicine means they can speak with some level of clout that high up medical professionals have. Now I'm not disputing this but wanted to know your thoughts?
To be honest I'm quite impressionated from somes who don't seem to be related to médecine and who say and know very interesting thing. I don't overtheorise in this forum because the only thing we truly know about PSSD is that we don't really know where does it from.
I also know that nowdays, with pubmed and the availability of the studies it's possible, not easy for everyone but possible to get a very good knowledge on a subject. That's why even if I'm neurologist and i also did a lot of research on PSSD, on neuro-sexuality I don't consider myself better than other here on this forum.
The only thing I think is too bas is that we don't do enough epidemiology and when someone ask a question we are so little to answer.
I would imagine something more clear, like a vote for any stuff like for example : Gingko biloba trial : positif, neutral, bad reaction. Use of tobacco, marijuana etc.
If it's very difficult to make a decent theory from pssd and try to figure out a treatment from this but it's possible to only consider experiences. Which supplement gave window? Which lead to recovery? Maybe try to take together fews promising supplement etc.
You as a neurologist by background have more solid knowledge in this area, which is much more than the "reading and spanning" pubmed abstracts on internet groups.

What's your intuition regarding genital anesthesia persisting for a while? Can it be pudenal or peripheral desensitization? maybe due excessive masturbation grip, you know, when our senses are deprived, there's some compensatory tendency, for example when listening to music wearing headphones, there's a tendency of speaking louder. I would expect someone, including myself, gripping harder on and after taking SSRIs. But There's also some speculation, mostly Dr. Healy regarding sodium channels..
Peripheral nerves injury could be an explication for PSSD or PFS but i don't think so, at least not like a neuropathy of pudendal nerve. Actually, when i started PSSD i thought about pudendal nerve entrapment even tought i didn't have pain (little paresthesia) but I think this is not pudendal nerve for 2 reasons. The first one is that, more or less, symptoms of numbness, anesthésia are quite symetric and we have 2 pudendals nerves (which give penile dorsal nerve) so it would be weird that the lesion is so symetric and similar in both nerves. The second reason is the existence of rapid fluctuation (or even so recovering) of genital sensibility. This couldn't go with peripheral nerve which are more or less like electric cable. When patient avec for example Ulnar nerve injury, they don't fluctuate day to day (except if they compress the nerve when sleeping or working) However, it's still possible the problem is something peripheral but fonctionnal like sodium channel, TRPV1 etc, which could explain symetric features and rapid recovery/fluctuation.
To be clear, in neurology when we say 'central' it means brain and/or spinal cord. When peripheral it starts after the spinal cord, in the first nerve until the last terminaison. Desensitization from overmasturbating? Maybe for 10% but i don't think the matter is here.
Maybe there is something common in the peripheral nerve and the brain (pre frontal cortex i guess) which dysfunction, like a channel or something. In this case, if we find how to reboot it could reverse everything. Maybe it's a neuro-transmitor who is too much (serotonin,...) or to low (dopamine, ocytocin, histamine...)
temp2021

Unread post by temp2021 »

This is interesting. In my search for an explanation for what is wrong with me, I was mistakenly diagnosed with pudendal nerve entrapment. I even got nerve block injection. When I asked my doctor about other symptoms (fatigue, head numbness, brain fog), he said they are “psychological”. What I don’t understand is the pudendal nerve has 6 branches, 2 dorsal (penis/clitoris), 2 perineal (testicles/labias), and 2 rectal (anus). Why the numbness happens Only in some of the branches (dorsal/perineal at least for me). Also, as you mentioned, why the numbness goes changes in intensity or even goes away fast? A nerve damage doesn’t explain this because nerve growth rate is very low. A change in the blood supply however can explain such fluctuations. Could it be a neurovascular problem?
Extremaduro

Unread post by Extremaduro »

Impermanence wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:56 pm
arahant wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:51 am

Peripheral nerves injury could be an explication for PSSD or PFS but i don't think so, at least not like a neuropathy of pudendal nerve. Actually, when i started PSSD i thought about pudendal nerve entrapment even tought i didn't have pain (little paresthesia) but I think this is not pudendal nerve for 2 reasons. The first one is that, more or less, symptoms of numbness, anesthésia are quite symetric and we have 2 pudendals nerves (which give penile dorsal nerve) so it would be weird that the lesion is so symetric and similar in both nerves. The second reason is the existence of rapid fluctuation (or even so recovering) of genital sensibility. This couldn't go with peripheral nerve which are more or less like electric cable. When patient avec for example Ulnar nerve injury, they don't fluctuate day to day (except if they compress the nerve when sleeping or working) However, it's still possible the problem is something peripheral but fonctionnal like sodium channel, TRPV1 etc, which could explain symetric features and rapid recovery/fluctuation.
To be clear, in neurology when we say 'central' it means brain and/or spinal cord. When peripheral it starts after the spinal cord, in the first nerve until the last terminaison. Desensitization from overmasturbating? Maybe for 10% but i don't think the matter is here.
Maybe there is something common in the peripheral nerve and the brain (pre frontal cortex i guess) which dysfunction, like a channel or something. In this case, if we find how to reboot it could reverse everything. Maybe it's a neuro-transmitor who is too much (serotonin,...) or to low (dopamine, ocytocin, histamine...)
I ve got eczemas, allergies and anhedonia after crashing bupropion which backs your theory. Cabergoline restores everything but I cannot use it due to severe panics and disociation. Cannot function.
Impermanence

Unread post by Impermanence »

guacamo wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:37 am I just wanna say that my trial is going very well, I enjoy music, I enjoy sex, I enjoy playing games and in general i enjoy life, and I improve day by day. Before i was very bored and anhedonic.
How are you doing with your trial? Still good?
guacamo

Unread post by guacamo »

Things have plateau for a while.
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

Plateaued at which level?

I understand the conservatism in posting all the details, but i hope you can share a bit more soon. The purpose of the forum is to share and discuss possible insights on what works, even if temporarily.
guacamo

Unread post by guacamo »

Hey i am currently away from the forum, so sorry for late response. It plateau at like 6 while my basal state is 3.5 in terms of anhedonia.
PsychoGenesis

Unread post by PsychoGenesis »

guacamo wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:54 am Hey i am currently away from the forum, so sorry for late response. It plateau at like 6 while my basal state is 3.5 in terms of anhedonia.
what about the physical/libido improvement??