Sertraline reinstatement

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
FindGoodNickname

Re: Sertraline reinstatement

Unread post by FindGoodNickname »

Thanks for the advices.
FindGoodNickname

Update:

In the next morning (when Sertraline is low in my system), I am extremely horny. My erection is really strong, and I am very aroused. I read a gossip newspaper on my cell phone in bed, and I notice that I find normal girls in it VERY attractive. But I do not masturbate because with Sertraline (even when it was yesterday) it's always a bit hard (or impossible) to ejaculate, and if it doesn't work, I get frustrated.

So I stand up, and I take Sertraline.
Then within 20 minutes, the horniness first becomes even more from the newly digested Sertraline.
Then suddenly (like 5 minutes after this hardcore libido boost), horniness is completely gone again. It is like a switch that suddenly goes Off. Perhaps because there is too much of XY in my system?

When I first read about PSSD, it said "perhaps permanent, irreversible damage", and I was so devastated.

I have now seen that I can have VERY intense orgasm and feel horny and go crazy from seeing girls.
So I do not believe in irreversible permanent damage.

Just wanted to share this if anybody is interested.
I have hope again.
JakeLawe

Unread post by JakeLawe »

FindGoodNickname wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:20 am Update:

In the next morning (when Sertraline is low in my system), I am extremely horny. My erection is really strong, and I am very aroused. I read a gossip newspaper on my cell phone in bed, and I notice that I find normal girls in it VERY attractive. But I do not masturbate because with Sertraline (even when it was yesterday) it's always a bit hard (or impossible) to ejaculate, and if it doesn't work, I get frustrated.

So I stand up, and I take Sertraline.
Then within 20 minutes, the horniness first becomes even more from the newly digested Sertraline.
Then suddenly (like 5 minutes after this hardcore libido boost), horniness is completely gone again. It is like a switch that suddenly goes Off. Perhaps because there is too much of XY in my system?

When I first read about PSSD, it said "perhaps permanent, irreversible damage", and I was so devastated.

I have now seen that I can have VERY intense orgasm and feel horny and go crazy from seeing girls.
So I do not believe in irreversible permanent damage.

Just wanted to share this if anybody is interested.
I have hope again.
Are you still taking sertraline? how are you feeling specifically genital numbness wise?
FindGoodNickname

My current medication is:

Sertraline 200 mg
Bupropion 300 mg
Buspiron 30 mg

Yesterday, the sensitivity was AMAZING!!!! I had sex with my gf, and it was sooooo intense. I could really feel everything again.
I could not come because I use Sertraline, but it was so great.

And today I masturbated. It took 2 attempts before I could come, but then it was a bombastic orgasm, and I screamed, and I shot 80 cm. I forgot how far my ejaculation once went, and the ejaculate went into my computer loudspeaker which was placed really far away.

Unfortunately I feel a bit ashamed because I take so many drugs, but I really need them, because
- If I don't take Sertraline, I am totally afraid
- If I don't use Bupropion, I sleep like 18 hours a day

And I have started Buspiron because somebody wrote here that it helps with fatigue and perhaps also sex, I don't remember...
JakeLawe

Unread post by JakeLawe »

FindGoodNickname wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:38 am My current medication is:

Sertraline 200 mg
Bupropion 300 mg
Buspiron 30 mg

Yesterday, the sensitivity was AMAZING!!!! I had sex with my gf, and it was sooooo intense. I could really feel everything again.

And today I masturbated. It took 2 attempts before I could come, but then it was a bombastic orgasm, and I screamed, and I shot 80 cm. I forgot how far my ejaculation once went, and the ejaculate went into my computer loudspeaker which was placed really far away.

Unfortunately I feel a bit ashamed because I take so many drugs, but I really need them, because

And I have started Buspiron because somebody wrote here that it helps with fatigue and perhaps also sex, I don't remember...
Sensitivity amazing only yesterday? is your dick skin back to normal? im curious of that symptom with reinstatement.

And yeah dude, if you and your gf don't mind you not coming seems you are ok. I know i couldn't with that.

No shame on being medicated, if you ask me. I take a few meds myself.
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

FindGoodNickname wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:38 am My current medication is:

Sertraline 200 mg
Bupropion 300 mg
Buspiron 30 mg

I have taken each one, in my experience:

Sertraline - works for anxiety, I could give talk to a huge audience or be interviewed without any anxiety...but total numb emotionally and dick wise, also near impossible to cum and without any pleasure.
Bupropion - Focus, energy and motivation, doses around 450 mg locked my jaw like cocaine, and bruxism.
Buspirone - it is a mild anti anxiety, feeling chill, but also explosive orgasms and insane sensitivity, way more than my teenage years, that's worked for sexual anhedonia after discontinuing sertraline.

I kinda relate to your experience.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
tonyareias

Unread post by tonyareias »

Yes in first days / weeks dose dependent SSRI delay the orgasms but when you have is amazing.
FindGoodNickname

@arahant You don't take Buspirone any longer, do you? I'm aking because my GP didn't want to prescribe me more than 1 month, and he told me to go to a psychiatrist. But I could only get an appointment in April at a psychiatrist's.
My GP is afraid that Buspirone can not be taken longer.
How long did you take it?
FindGoodNickname

JakeLawe wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:01 pm Sensitivity amazing only yesterday? is your dick skin back to normal? im curious of that symptom with reinstatement.
And yeah dude, if you and your gf don't mind you not coming seems you are ok. I know i couldn't with that.
No shame on being medicated, if you ask me. I take a few meds myself.
Yes, the sensitivity was like that only since yesterday.
I had reinstated Sertraline 2 months ago, and I did not feel much, my skin felt numb.
So perhaps it was because of Buspirone?
What do you mean by "dick skin"? You mean sensitivity?
No, it's not normal, but MUCH better.
I could feel my dick again.

She's a bit worried that I don't have enough pleasure, but I told her that it's perfectly fine for me.
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

FindGoodNickname wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:59 pm @arahant You don't take Buspirone any longer, do you? I'm aking because my GP didn't want to prescribe me more than 1 month, and he told me to go to a psychiatrist. But I could only get an appointment in April at a psychiatrist's.
My GP is afraid that Buspirone can not be taken longer.
How long did you take it?
I have been taking it since Feb 2019, now at 30 mg/day, but prescribed by a psychiatrist, they are more aware of long term adverse effects which are mostly none. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/2406933/
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)