Targeting the HPA axis

This is for hypothesis and even educated speculation.
nicopickle

Targeting the HPA axis

Unread post by nicopickle »

i’ve come to the conclusion that all of our symptoms could be a direct result of a malfunctioning HPA axis. 99% of our symptoms can be directly related to these three components of the body, hypothalamus, pituitary, and adrenal gland. there is a direct result of these abnormalities coming after treatment with SSRIs, finasteride, and accutane. there is countless studies made on these topics, the evidence is in plain sight. sure some may have other symptoms not related to the HPA axis, but the vast majority of us do. now i’m not sure how to go about normalizing the HPA axis, but it is very important not to discredit all of the studies that are out there. the HPA is directly responsible for a ton of the hormones that are involved in basically every part of the body’s function. anyone wondering why they don’t react as much to alcohol or caffeine? well when the HPA is overactive there is no going above that. the energy boost you get from caffeine is because it causes the HPA to secrete cortisol to give you that boost. how ever these drugs are not banned is beyond me. but if our HPA can be modified into making us feel this terrible, why wouldn’t we be able to re-modify it back to normalcy?

accutane study on HPA:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4030330/

finasteride study:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6920809/

ssri study:

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10 ... 00443/full

now i know there is a ton of debate on all of these drugs saying that our genes are modified and we can’t fix that without gene therapy. but the thing is, the HPA controls all of these hormones that are use for everything from emotion, to hunger. people have “windows” of normalcy from taking certain drugs, this wouldn’t be possible if our genes were broken. have you ever wondered why you rarely get sick anymore? it’s because the HPA is always active, this being so active it’s very hard for infections or sickness to occur with this over activity.

now i’m not a scientist but if this overactivity can happen, surely there is a way to reverse this process and allow the HPA calm down and let us live our lives again.

does anyone else notice how stress doesn’t really impact you anymore? or anxiety? well when your mind has been in a constant state of stress for years due to the hyperactivity, these feelings become the norm.

i think that more attention should be attributed to this theory as it has tons of potential.
ocono_2020

Re: Targeting the HPA axis

Unread post by ocono_2020 »

So for the people that have recovered, do they go back to their baseline stress or anxiety levels?
MisterCharlie

Re: Targeting the HPA axis

Unread post by MisterCharlie »

I actually tried super low dose Triptorelin to get the HPA to stimulate and reset (some steriod abusers gave me the idea, they got their testicles to produce testosterone on their own afterward), i did 50 MICROGRAMS and it still felt powerful. Trivia: At I think 26 MILLIGRAMS (~520 times the dose I took) it is used to periodically sterilize sex offenders through overloading and shutting down the HPA axis. Didnt notice any long term benefits. But I wouldnt be against trying it again.