SIBO vs Dysbiosis (maybe the reason we have 10+ people positive for SIBO?)

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
cdraham

SIBO vs Dysbiosis (maybe the reason we have 10+ people positive for SIBO?)

Unread post by cdraham »

SIBO does tend to be very obvious in its symptoms. Absolutely get a test but honestly your symptoms in regards to digestion don’t seem to me to be in line with SIBO. While other forms of dysbiosis are more prominent in their secondary systematic effects SIBO will have the systematic effects but also very much seem like a digestive disorder. If you can wonder whether or not your condition is microbiome related then it’s likely not SIBO, at least not a bad case of SIBO. Though a mild case of SIBO can still be incredibly bad systematically if the composition of the bacteria are highly pathogenic.

What do you think of this?

Maybe the issue for some of us is general dybiosis , while for others it is limited to SIBO . I wonder if those that got cured by curing SIBO all had gut symptoms.

Im starting to think, there are some of us (lastround360), that really do have SIBO (big sign is digestive symptoms) , obviously he tested positive on the SIBO breath test. Then there is some of us, that test positive on the SIBO breath test, although we don't actually have SIBO, its upper gut or general gut dybiosis, which can still show positive for SIBO breath test. Thats why these kind of pssd ppl dont get benefits from rifaximin etc, because the pathogenic bacteria is in the general digestive tract etc. and not limited to the small internistine. A more realistic solution for these cases would be FMT. If it is really SIBO , probably a course of Rifaximin or any SIBO specific antibiotics + low fodmap diet would lead to improvements.

IMO this is the reason 10+ ppl on this reddit thread of lastround360 tested positive for SIBO , although most of them probably don't even have SIBO, but just general dybiosis
cdraham

Re: SIBO vs Dysbiosis (maybe the reason we have 10+ people positive for SIBO?)

Unread post by cdraham »

theres also one guy getting improved from trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole , which is used for h2s sibo (third type of sibo)
narigator

Unread post by narigator »

I think it's an interesting hypothesis. But I think the reason is not because of SIBO itself, but because the microbiome helps regulate the immune system. It is already well demonstrated that depression and anxiety have to do with activation of the immune system. Pssd may also have to do with some immune dysregulation that is counterbalanced by the reposition of microbiome.
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

Psychological-Safe15 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:48 am antibiotics+FMT would be better cure.
Can you elaborate?
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

Its also possible that some of us are suffering from H2S sibo (3rd type of SIBO) , not hydrogen, hydrogen sulfite SIBO

https://www.drkarafitzgerald.com/2021/0 ... s-in-sibo/

I have overgrowth of Pseudomonas spp. and Klebsiella spp.

My farts smelled like rotten eggs before PSSD some times iirc , might try antibiotics for these strains then go for FMT
heymartinn

Unread post by heymartinn »

I think I would have shown positive for H2S if it was included in regular breath test. I became gassy instantly after consuming lactulose. Interesting that I also have Pseudomonas overgrowth. Gonna do GI MAP next to see just how fucked everything is down there in the gut.
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

heymartinn wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:34 am I think I would have shown positive for H2S if it was included in regular breath test. I became gassy instantly after consuming lactulose. Interesting that I also have Pseudomonas overgrowth. Gonna do GI MAP next to see just how fucked everything is down there in the gut.
Dude are u kidding me. I have pseudomonas overgrowth too and klebsiella. The crazy thing is, i actually had foul smelling farts before PSSD, after PSSD they stopped, my explanation is that h2s is leaking into the body now, instead of going out! Im actually gonna ask my doc for bactrim next week, if its not enough, I will go for FMT.

I've actually talked to 2 other ppl that had rotten egg farts pre-PSSD, which stopped after PSSD.