Diagnosed with SIBO and other updates

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
dandelion5

Diagnosed with SIBO and other updates

Unread post by dandelion5 »

Hi everyone,
So, I was diagnosed with SIBO last week, which isn't super surprising given I have major digestive issues. Interestingly enough, I developed a UTI a couple weeks ago which required a broad spectrum antibiotic, which has made both my PSSD symptoms and SIBO symptoms worse. Now I have to take the antibiotic for SIBO in a couple days. I'm hoping that it not only helps the GI symptoms but that maybe it'll have a positive impact on PSSD. What do you guys think?

My PSSD had improved greatly, by the way, prior to this current wave I'm in. I'm not 100% sure if the antibiotic is to blame, but I can't think of what else may have caused this increase in genital anesthesia. I was back to having great orgasms with my boyfriend and alone, and now I feel like I'm back to square one the past few days. It's really discouraging me. I shouldn't say square one - I can still orgasm, but the intensity is diminished, and I don't feel as much.

Anyway, has anyone had any experience with SIBO and PSSD? I read some posts on here but figured I'd share this and see if anyone else has anything more to add.
Janie

Re: Diagnosed with SIBO and other updates

Unread post by Janie »

How did you improve before the antibiotic and what drug gave you pssd/for how long?
cdraham

Re: Diagnosed with SIBO and other updates

Unread post by cdraham »

dandelion5 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:27 am Hi everyone,
So, I was diagnosed with SIBO last week, which isn't super surprising given I have major digestive issues. Interestingly enough, I developed a UTI a couple weeks ago which required a broad spectrum antibiotic, which has made both my PSSD symptoms and SIBO symptoms worse. Now I have to take the antibiotic for SIBO in a couple days. I'm hoping that it not only helps the GI symptoms but that maybe it'll have a positive impact on PSSD. What do you guys think?

My PSSD had improved greatly, by the way, prior to this current wave I'm in. I'm not 100% sure if the antibiotic is to blame, but I can't think of what else may have caused this increase in genital anesthesia. I was back to having great orgasms with my boyfriend and alone, and now I feel like I'm back to square one the past few days. It's really discouraging me. I shouldn't say square one - I can still orgasm, but the intensity is diminished, and I don't feel as much.

Anyway, has anyone had any experience with SIBO and PSSD? I read some posts on here but figured I'd share this and see if anyone else has anything more to add.
Which abx did you take for UTI ? I read UTIs are more frequent with hydrogen sulfite sibo, maybe get tested for that one too.