my story sertraline

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
FindGoodNickname

Re: my story sertraline

Unread post by FindGoodNickname »

I have reinstated after 2 years of PSSD. I'm doing it since around 2 months now. I have more libido (50% of pre-PSSD) and more ejaculation volume and width, and anxiety and anhedonia are gone. Also ED is gone. I think ED was caused by low libido.
But I use so much Sertraline currently that it's almost impossible to ejaculate.

But my sexuality is absolutely not like pre-PSSD! I wish I reinstated when I first noticed PSSD.
Myo

Unread post by Myo »

FindGoodNickname wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:35 am I have reinstated after 2 years of PSSD. I'm doing it since around 2 months now. I have more libido (50% of pre-PSSD) and more ejaculation volume and width, and anxiety and anhedonia are gone. Also ED is gone. I think ED was caused by low libido.
But I use so much Sertraline currently that it's almost impossible to ejaculate.

But my sexuality is absolutely not like pre-PSSD! I wish I reinstated when I first noticed PSSD.
It's now 7 months since I stopped taking antidepressants. Being dependent on the drug for life worries me. And frankly, I'm afraid of getting worse. what I've read on the forum shows that I have a relatively light pssd. I've been feeling very well mentally lately. I'm taking magnesium, which may have an effect on mood. this gives me hope that I can recover naturally. I want to wait a little longer before I turn to a poison like sertraline.
Myo

Unread post by Myo »

Brain food wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:44 pm
Myo wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:39 pm
Brain food wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:09 pm

I don’t know what you mean by natural but there are herbal supplements that supposedly increase libido. None of this is proven in double-blind clinical trials, as far as I know though.
Have you ever tried tribulus terrestris?

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/tr ... terrestris
I think tribulus increases testosterone. When pssd first started, I had a hormone test done. my testosterone was above the normal range.
There might be claims that tribulus increases testosterone because these herbal products aren’t well regulated, but if you read the article in the link, these claims have been proven false. I’ve copied the relevant paragraphs below:

“ A quick online search for Tribulus terrestris supplements shows that many products made with the plant are focused on boosting testosterone.

One review analyzed the results from 12 major studies on the plant’s effects in men and women aged 14–60. The studies lasted from 2–90 days, and the participants included healthy people and those experiencing sexual problems.

The researchers found that this supplement did not increase testosterone (4Trusted Source).

Other researchers found that Tribulus terrestris may increase testosterone in some animal studies, but that this result is not usually seen in humans”
I think I will try this. I am only 25 years old and the idea that I can remain an asexual person forever terrifies me. I was hypersexual before pssd. sex was the meaning of life for me.
Myo

Unread post by Myo »

As I could not accept what had happened, I decided to go back to sertraline. I just took 25mg of sertraline. I hope I don't experience anything bad. I took 25mg as the lowest knee was 25mg and I had no chance of splitting the pill. i will update it.
Myo

Unread post by Myo »

I'm having a hard time getting an erection right now. I never had such a problem when I used sertraline before. I don't have the courage to take another pill. I'm stopping the sertraline. I hope I'm back to baseline again when the drug is out of my system. I am so afraid. I had no erection problems.
Myo

Unread post by Myo »

I'm having a hard time getting an erection right now. I never had such a problem when I used sertraline before. I don't have the courage to take another pill. I'm stopping the sertraline. I hope I'm back to baseline again when the drug is out of my system. I am so afraid. I had no erection problems before going back to sertraline.
tonyareias

Unread post by tonyareias »

Maybe side effect of serotonin boost. Wait some days.

When I’m back to SSRI it improves my erections but delay ejaculation.
JakeLawe

Unread post by JakeLawe »

Delayed ejaculation aside: how you people on sertraline feeling sensitivity wise? numb genitals?
Myo

Unread post by Myo »

JakeLawe wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:13 am Delayed ejaculation aside: how you people on sertraline feeling sensitivity wise? numb genitals?
I did not notice any worsening of drowsiness. previously there was only some numbness in the glans. there is no numbness in the body of the penis. still same
JakeLawe

Unread post by JakeLawe »

You didn't feel like your dick was put on anesthesia when you took sertraline? and if yes. Has this symptom subsided after resinstatement?

Or you saying you never experienced a numb genital? I feel this symptom is the quintessential of this phenomenon? yet is not talked about enough.