I think I’m cured and I’ve had some form of PSSD since 2010.

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
IHateProzac

Re: I think I’m cured and I’ve had some form of PSSD since 2010.

Unread post by IHateProzac »

Oilers6 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:23 am We’ll I’ve lurked this forum for a long time. I used to lurk Paxil progress and surviving antidepressants too. I’ve never posted because I never really had a reason too. But to sum up my past I was prescribed Cymbalta first in 2010 and then when that wasn’t effective in treating anxiety/depression my doctor also prescribed me Paxil. I ended up getting numb emotions, low libido and basically just an anhedonia for life. I also tried a ton of different “remedies” in that time frame. Nothing really stuck around but Yohimbine and Adderall made my libido go up when I was using them but I couldn’t find anything that lasted for more than when I was on it.

I ended up getting COVID in December and after getting rid of it I was stuck with the worst anhedonia and low libido in my life. It was basically the worst crash I’ve had since I got PSSD. I remembered seeing someone post something about St. John’s wort on here and decided to give it a try. I just wanted some reprieve from the void of anhedonia. The day I took it I micro dosed some mushroom in the morning. I think it was probably 100mg in the morning and at night I took half of a capsule (I emptied half of it in my sink) of a 300 mg Life Brand St. John’s Wort. I went to bed and woke up and felt a little glow. Over the course of the day I felt a little happier and happier. That was on December 27th.

The difference in this then the windows I had were - the windows only lasted about 4-5 days. Also in my windows I felt emotions but they were super pronounced. It was like I can only feel sad and horny and the depression was severe. It’s like the meter went to far back the other way so to speak. This feeling is a little more normal. I actually have a really strong sex drive but feel completely satisfied when I’m finished with my girl. It feels fucking fantastic to be honest and I really hope this is my new normal. I don’t know if what I did is the answer but I know something in me has changed. I actually feel like I want to do something with my life and not just lay in bed all the time. It just feels like life is actually enjoyable.
Covid is a turnoff alright. Wonder if SJW would help me.