has anyone heard about the cunningham panel?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
nicopickle

has anyone heard about the cunningham panel?

Unread post by nicopickle »

hello. I've been searching up the possibility of the immune system being the issue with PSSD/PFS/PAS. after coming across long covid people having the same issues as us, my one friend linked me a post about someone from the anhedonia reddit who got their issues from magic mushrooms while on an SNRI, the shared they had bloodwork done, something called the cunningham panel, it essentially shows autoantibodies directed at some GPCR receptors. they shared that the had autoantibodies against the dopamine 1 receptor. this panel costs like 1k so I'm sure its off limits for most of us, but if anyone has funds they could spend, i would love to hear the results.

I will link the post below,

https://www.reddit.com/r/anhedonia/comm ... _saved_me/
DeepRacer

Re: has anyone heard about the cunningham panel?

Unread post by DeepRacer »

I can afford it and maybe get my doctor to prescribe it but would it actually help with curing my PSSD if I got it done? I thought the running theory around PSSD was that dopamine receptors were a downstream effect from serotonin receptor disruption?
nicopickle

well it could essentially show where your issues are coming from if you tested positive. if someone is to test positive it would mean that the immune system is basically creating these autoantibodies that are blocking the receptors from functioning correctly. if positive you would likely have to wait until long covid gets more research, as they have recently been discovering these autoantibodies to the body
Jcumbo

Unread post by Jcumbo »

DeepRacer wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:37 pm I can afford it and maybe get my doctor to prescribe it but would it actually help with curing my PSSD if I got it done? I thought the running theory around PSSD was that dopamine receptors were a downstream effect from serotonin receptor disruption?
Have you heard about the BC 007 drug that can possibly cure long COVID and possibly cfs/ ms as well? It works on gpcr I think, so maybe this could be the issue with pssd as most serotonin receptors are g protein coupled receptors.
DeepRacer

Unread post by DeepRacer »

Jcumbo wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:25 pm
DeepRacer wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:37 pm I can afford it and maybe get my doctor to prescribe it but would it actually help with curing my PSSD if I got it done? I thought the running theory around PSSD was that dopamine receptors were a downstream effect from serotonin receptor disruption?
Have you heard about the BC 007 drug that can possibly cure long COVID and possibly cfs/ ms as well? It works on gpcr I think, so maybe this could be the issue with pssd as most serotonin receptors are g protein coupled receptors.
Yes I’ve heard about BC 007 It’s in trials right now from what I read. I’m not sure if people with long Covid suffer from sexual problems at all? I know they have trouble tasting and smelling which has to do with dopamine receptors but I would figure they would equally have sexual problems. I don’t know enough about long Covid. I’m going to ask my doctor about getting this test. Does anyone know if long Covid sufferers have sexual or cognitive problems?
Jcumbo

Unread post by Jcumbo »

DeepRacer wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:18 pm
Jcumbo wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:25 pm
Yes I’ve heard about BC 007 It’s in trials right now from what I read. I’m not sure if people with long Covid suffer from sexual problems at all? I know they have trouble tasting and smelling which has to do with dopamine receptors but I would figure they would equally have sexual problems. I don’t know enough about long Covid. I’m going to ask my doctor about getting this test. Does anyone know if long Covid sufferers have sexual or cognitive problems?
Well, looking on Reddit longhauler sub their are quite a few people that have lost their libido and have Ed. But they reckon the Ed is down to micro blood clots or something, but that is not proven. They do suffer from brain fog and anhedonia though, that very common it seems. Have a look around the Reddit sub it's called COVIDlonghualers I think ? Just type sexual in the search bar when you're there.
Brain food

Unread post by Brain food »

https://www.the-sun.com/news/3286140/lo ... st-common/

Other problems flagged were sexual dysfunction, itchy skin, changes to the menstrual cycles, bladder control issues, shingles, diarrhoea and tinnitus.

And some of the least common and bizzarre were early menopause, change in penis size, "inability to yawn", "inability to cry", sensation of brain "on fire”, and aggression.
nicopickle

just to add to this, i found this reddit post showing that people who get covid pneumonia apparently get these autoantibodies to the seretonin receptor,

https://www.reddit.com/r/DrugNerds/comm ... ated_with/
bigpoppa10040

Unread post by bigpoppa10040 »

Yep. It just blows my mind how we are horrible at solving autoimmune issues. Across all forums, integrative / holistic medicine…..we suck at solving these
nicopickle

bigpoppa10040 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:42 am Yep. It just blows my mind how we are horrible at solving autoimmune issues. Across all forums, integrative / holistic medicine…..we suck at solving these
well no one yet from these forums has really got tested for any of these yet, so its hard to confirm that this could be the cause of our issues