PSSD - Need some help and hope

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
Sofa

PSSD - Need some help and hope

Unread post by Sofa »

Hi everyone!

I developed PSSD after taking Remeron this christmas. Did not know what it was until now.

My symptoms are:

- No libido
- Cant feal aroused
- Anorgasmia
- Little sensation
- Anhedonia
- No emotions
- Blank mind (no visualization, no imagination, cant think)
- Cognitive dysfunction
- Tinnitus
- Headptessure
- DP/DR
- Sound and vision distorition
- Cant focus or think
- Akathisa

Over the last three months i have only been getting worse without knowing why. I have taken zopiclone to treat my insomnia, and recently taken 15 mg valium over two weeks to help with anxiety and akathisa. The problems with orgasms and clitoral sensitivity started on zopiclone.

I have also tried different supplements, first thinking all my symptoms were just anxiety based. Among them i have taken ginger. Had ginger tea. Its not until after i figurer i had PSSD, that my last two crashes could be from ginger. I feel really sensitive, and also Feel like i recently had a bad reaction to paracetamol.

Is it possible for me to heal if i am careful from now on? My symptoms seems so permanent and they are constantly worsening. I am only three months out though, so is there still hope if i just Play it safe and dont take any more medication or supplements? I really just want to turn this shit-wagon back around. I right now i Feel like a vegetable.

Any tips or advice?

Is it possible that anxiety, stress and thinking about it makes it worse? Could this all be in my head. Feels weird that i get all the symptoms i read about!
nicopickle

Re: PSSD - Need some help and hope

Unread post by nicopickle »

sorry to hear you developed this torture of a syndrome, i also slowly got worse over time, then it just seemed to settle. ive also crashed from very random things that you would never expect to be possible to crash from, as well as gotten improvements from the exact same thing. when this first set in i was taking tylenol for like a week straight, im sure that didnt help my case at all. yes, it is possible to heal, but in my case, healing has not come naturally, ive had to induce healing with taking certain things, which im still trying to really figure out. there is an anhedonia group chat on whatsapp if you are looking for some people to talk with
Sofa

Unread post by Sofa »

nicopickle wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:34 pm sorry to hear you developed this torture of a syndrome, i also slowly got worse over time, then it just seemed to settle. ive also crashed from very random things that you would never expect to be possible to crash from, as well as gotten improvements from the exact same thing. when this first set in i was taking tylenol for like a week straight, im sure that didnt help my case at all. yes, it is possible to heal, but in my case, healing has not come naturally, ive had to induce healing with taking certain things, which im still trying to really figure out. there is an anhedonia group chat on whatsapp if you are looking for some people to talk with
Scared i am permanently damaged

Got PSSD after quitting Remeron this christmas. Had a bad reaction to the last pill.

Since i have gotten worse, and i Feel like i have screwd up all chances of recovery!

I have taken supplements (l-Theanine, c-vitamin, zinc, magnesium and d-vitamin) because i thought i just had anxiety. Had no idea what PSSD was.

Have drinken herbal teas like lavendel and ginger.

Have taken benzo (valium 5 mg x3) and zopiclone.

Scared i have fucked up badly the last three months. Had i only known what PSSD was.

Scared i permanently crashed from ginger ice tea. Had no idea it could be bad. Did i ruin it?

Am i fucked? All the stories of permanent crashes scare me, and i am afraid since i just keep getting worse.

Please someone give me some hope!!

I Feel ruined. My mental symptom are way worse now than the sexual onse.
Manicmedic

Unread post by Manicmedic »

I have had the first 6 symptoms you listed for the last 6 months and as I think back it has been in waves where it gets better and worse. I am a male and my symptoms came after starting abilify. Never give up hope and you have to try and be positive. Being positive is huge, pray and speak affirmation into it. I WILL get better I will heal. These meds cause neurologic damage. In medicine we see people come in with strokes that can't move and end up walking out! If you are still breathing there is still hope!

I went a little crazy. I have been taking zinc, theanine, tyrosine, testosterone boosters, vitamin c vitamin d chelated magnesium st johns wart arrow root cq10 iron b12 complex, inositol and my doc gave me buspirone. Today has been much better for all my symptoms. Two things changed over the past two days. I started to pray a whole lot more and I took 8g to 10g of inositol.

I hope you find what works for you and things get better.