What caused my crash? Ginger or benzo?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Sofa

What caused my crash? Ginger or benzo?

Unread post by Sofa »

Hi! I really just need some hope with all the mess i seem to be in now.

Some background:

Quit benzo in october -21 after taking them in high doses for 4 months. Took Remeron 15 mg on and off this christmas for sleep together with zopiclone. In the last month i have taken zopiclone for sleep and felt pressured to take 15 mg valium to deal with extreme panic attacks and worsening akathisia by doctors and parents.

Now:

I seem to have gotten worse sadly since last friday a week ago. I was finally getting hopefull and felt a little bit better. Anhedonia and blank mind got a bit better. Orgasms were better, but still no libido/arousal.

Then suddenly friday a week ago, i started feeling worse.

I took 5 mg valium three weeks ago because of akathisa and panic lasting hours. Took 10 mg valium a week ago for the same reason. Had also taken some zopiclone the last month for insomnia. Feels like i epically screwd up!

Had some ginger ice tea friday a week ago (same day symptoms worsened). Dont know if that can worsen it. I find it hard to believe that it can continue to cause worsening symptoms even after a week. But i dont know.

Have also been drinking tea and having a coffee once in a while, as well as having fast food once in a while. I dont know if i am really sensitive or what?

I did take the benzo and zopiclone, which i regret. I wont ever trust a Doctor again. Do you think the worsening symptoms could be from this? And is it normal to just get worse and worse, and for new symptoms to arrive so suddenly?

Have i screwd up for myself or is this just a really bad wave?

Is there any hope for me? How did you heal?

My worst symptoms now are:

- No emotions or interests/anhedonia/loss of personality
- Blank mind/no visualization or daydreaming, no flow of thoughts, just Black and empty
- Cognitive issues and memory issues (cant do simple word gaims anymore, brain wont process vision and sound properly)
- Brain fog (feels like my whole head is under water and constant cotton/brick feeling in head)
- Unable to read or watch tv (lack of focus, cognitive abilities and bad vision)
- DP/DR (total disconnect from my body and world)
- Pressure in head and squeezing brain when thinking (forehead and back of the head) that gets worse when i try to think, cry or daydream
- Akathisia/extreme inner restlessness
- Tinnitus
- Insomnia
- Bad and distorted vision and hearing
- Intense feeling of hopelessness and dread/doom (gets worse when thinking about how i used to be)
- Anxiety and panick
- Monophobia and agarophobia
- PSSD (no libido/arousal, nearly anorgasmia, no sensitivity down there, weird heavy feeling in vagina)
tonyareias

Re: What caused my crash? Ginger or benzo?

Unread post by tonyareias »

Strange, benzo bad sexual effects are temporary and fades out every med half-life.
You don’t get PSSD from benzo and you can get all problems from anxiety or depression.

Solve your anxiety / depression first and sex get improving.
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

Did you ever take an ssri? If not, you don't have pssd. You'll most likely be fine.. just stop taking any supplements or medications. None of these prescription meds are healthy.
Sofa

Unread post by Sofa »

tonyareias wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:12 pm Strange, benzo bad sexual effects are temporary and fades out every med half-life.
You don’t get PSSD from benzo and you can get all problems from anxiety or depression.

Solve your anxiety / depression first and sex get improving.
Originally got PSSD from Remeron, worsened on zopiclone, and then orgasm got a little better.

Now after taking benzo, zopiclone and ginger ice tes, i have worse anhedonia, no emotions and complete anorgasmia. No change in libido, which was already dead. So benzo can cause temporary sexual side effects?

Could this all be anxiety and depression? Whith no orgasms and my clitoris being dead?
Sofa

Unread post by Sofa »

Tree wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:48 am Did you ever take an ssri? If not, you don't have pssd. You'll most likely be fine.. just stop taking any supplements or medications. None of these prescription meds are healthy.
Took Remeron, and lost all emotions and libido and arousal after. Later after taking zopiclone i had problems with orgasm and loss of sensation in clitoris. But become a little better.

Now after taking benzo and zopiclone again (dont take now), i have anorgasmia and clitoris is more dead than ever. There is no aroused sensation down there, and just a weird heavy/empty feeling in my vagina.

Is it PSSD or is it just the benzo and zopiclone causing temporary dysfunction? Its getting worse.
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

Sofa wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:30 am
Tree wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:48 am Did you ever take an ssri? If not, you don't have pssd. You'll most likely be fine.. just stop taking any supplements or medications. None of these prescription meds are healthy.
Took Remeron, and lost all emotions and libido and arousal after. Later after taking zopiclone i had problems with orgasm and loss of sensation in clitoris. But become a little better.

Now after taking benzo and zopiclone again (dont take now), i have anorgasmia and clitoris is more dead than ever. There is no aroused sensation down there, and just a weird heavy/empty feeling in my vagina.

Is it PSSD or is it just the benzo and zopiclone causing temporary dysfunction? Its getting worse.
You seem to have pssd like symptoms for sure but not pssd. It's mostly because of serotonin receptor desensitization. Again, it's probably temporary because you didn't take an ssri. Withdrawal from all supplements and drugs, you'll be fine. Give your body time to go back to normal. I took an ssri daily like an idiot for three years that's why I have issues..
Sofa

Unread post by Sofa »

Tree wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:37 am
Sofa wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:30 am

You seem to have pssd like symptoms for sure but not pssd. It's mostly because of serotonin receptor desensitization. Again, it's probably temporary because you didn't take an ssri. Withdrawal from all supplements and drugs, you'll be fine. Give your body time to go back to normal. I took an ssri daily like an idiot for three years that's why I have issues..

So its not possible to get PSSD from other medication than SSRI? Even Remeron? So the sexual dysfuction an loss of libido is just normal withdrawal?

I also had a worsening of symptoms taking ginger! But it was a random ice tea.
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

No, it's not a serotonin reuptake inhibitor. Ssri's cause long lasting withdrawal symptoms by decreasing serotonin transporter expression through epigenetic changes. It's complicated but rameron has a different mechanism of action than ssri's. Your body is probably dealing with serotonin overload between all the medications and ginger. Stop taking them and you should return to baseline.
Sofa

Unread post by Sofa »

Tree wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:58 am No, it's not a serotonin reuptake inhibitor. Ssri's cause long lasting withdrawal symptoms by decreasing serotonin transporter expression through epigenetic changes. It's complicated but rameron has a different mechanism of action than ssri's. Your body is probably dealing with serotonin overload between all the medications and ginger. Stop taking them and you should return to baseline.
Have not taken Remeron since january, and do not take any other medication or supplement at this point!
flexstar13

Unread post by flexstar13 »

Had a horrible crash on ginger in January and not recovered from it. Ginger was part of my sibo treatment. What can I do to get back to my baseline. I cannot have sex with any meds since that.