Loss of ability to visualize - anyone else?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Sofa

Loss of ability to visualize - anyone else?

Unread post by Sofa »

Anyone lose their ability to visualize and daydream and then get it back? I used to live in my head, but now i cant daydream at all, and when i try to visualize it all just pitch Black. Cant even se an Apple in my head.

There is this resistance in my head when i try too visualize or imagine things and images just burn out at once and my visualization is blurry and unclear and seems so far away if i even manage to get a little picture!

My head is so foggy and spaced out! And i have this dense cotton feeling in my brain!

Anyone get their visualization back?

I struggle to remember and my cognitive abilities are almost zero because i used to remember by visualizing.
Maxin

Re: Loss of ability to visualize - anyone else?

Unread post by Maxin »

I know that cotton feeling very well. Perfect description.
TheParisian55

Unread post by TheParisian55 »

I have the same problem .. sometimes the ability somehow come back partially and then it go back again.
Sofa

Unread post by Sofa »

TheParisian55 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:37 pm I have the same problem .. sometimes the ability somehow come back partially and then it go back again.
How long have you had it like this? Did it dissapear gradually?

Have you seen any improvement?
Parisien95

Unread post by Parisien95 »

I always have the ability to dream to imagine things. On the other hand, what bothers me is the brain fog, the difficulty in connecting with people and concentrating. My head has been elsewhere since stopping treatment 4 months ago I have to force myself to concentrate on something
B>b4

Unread post by B>b4 »

Yes. I’ve absolutely lost my ability to visualize, fantasize, or daydream. Kinda sucks cause I was always one of those “lost in your head” guys and it’s like a part of my self identity I can’t get back. ☹️