Re: SRIs must not be called "anti-depressants"

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
andy013

Re: SRIs must not be called "anti-depressants"

Unread post by andy013 »

You are right. I should have called them "depression pills" as Peter Gøtzsche does. These drugs can have many more negative effects beyond sexual problems.

I don't think SSRIs even "work" for severe depression. http://cepuk.org/2021/06/16/guest-blog- ... s-do-they/

EDIT: This was a reply to another post, I guess it was deleted?
TalkingAnt

Re: Re: SRIs must not be called "anti-depressants"

Unread post by TalkingAnt »

Another mod removed the post but TLDR it was alleging some mass conspiracy about SSRIs being deliberately made to castrate people, which directly violates forum rules 5 and 6.

We strive to keep this forum scientific, which the OP was not. These types of posts come up from time to time and it's always lacking citations or any sort of critical thinking.

Of course we know here that SSRI's can have devastating side effects that are under-represented in medical literature. But to ignore the large body of evidence that SSRIs do help many people without side effects is unscientific. It is clear PSSD is rare, perhaps 1 in 10,000 patients, which explains why it does not show up in clinical trials, not because of some mass conspiracy throughout the hundreds of clinical trials over the last 40 yrs.

One goal of this community is to get PSSD more recognition in the medical community. If we lambast scientists with crazy-sounding conspiracy allegations without evidence, we hurt our chances. We want to make knowledge about PSSD widespread so doctors and patients are more informed about the risk/benefit tradeoff with SSRIs, and so researchers look into this condition. This will require support from universities and medical institutions.

I am locking this post. Please take conspiracy discussion elsewhere and familiarize yourself with the forum rules.
Cured | PSSD 2012-2020 | Log thread