Has anyone with PSSD gotten a severe reaction to the coronavirus?

This is for hypothesis and even educated speculation.
Brain food

Has anyone with PSSD gotten a severe reaction to the coronavirus?

Unread post by Brain food »

I just tested positive for the coronavirus and I’m completely asymptomatic. My wife tested positive and is very sick. Some people on this forum have speculated that PSSD is immune system related. I was wondering if anyone with PSSD has gotten severally sick from the Covid-19 virus?
Jaxx

Re: Has anyone with PSSD gotten a severe reaction to the coronavirus?

Unread post by Jaxx »

I got sick but not severe, eg no fever (i am vaccinated so a pretty normal reaction).
Twentyoneguns

Unread post by Twentyoneguns »

This is an account of my tangle with Covid.

I had two Astra Zeneca vaccine jabs one in Feb 21 and one in May 21. No apparent effect, though my general PSSD symptoms have been getting worse for around 2 years. I then had a Pfizer booster jab in November 21, I had two quite adverse reactions to this.

1. A few days after the jab I woke with a heart rate of 120bpm and was extremely dizzy, unable to stay upright. I went to the hospital and was kept in for 24 hours for monitoring, everything seemed to calm down after a week or so, I was subsequently given an ultra sound examination of the heart and a 48 hours heart monitor, both of which showed nothing bad. My usual resting heart rate before this was around 55bpm, after this it rose to 65-70 bpm, this had gradually returned to my previous level of 55bpm over a period of 6 months. I dont feel I this has had any permanent effect on me.

2. Ive been suffering from chronic fatigue since my Hydrocortisone cream crash in September 2020 (I'll make a post on this later), the level of fatigue was quite steady and predictable and I managed to adapt to the new level of energy, I certainly did not experience any crashes CFS wise.

After the the Pfizer jab I developed PEM (Post Exertional Malaise) and an increase in baseline fatigue. My fatigue is now totally unpredictable, if I over do it I suffer a totally disproportionable level of fatigue, for between 1 to 4 days, the sort of fatigue that has me house/bed bound. When this first happened a walk of a couple of miles would end in my slowing down to the pace of a 101 year old man, with extreme fatigue...this seems to have improved a little and yesterday did a reasonably long walk up and down hills with no adverse effects at the time other than normal tiredness... how I feel in the next few days remains to be seen. Also at the start of this a fairly gentle yoga session would cause the same problems.

In general I feel as if this problem is resolving very slowly, but still suffering! I have had several periods of chronic fatigue that have spontaneously resolved in the past and believe a positive attitude is the key to this.

In March 2022, after avoiding Covid for 2 years, I ended up catching the virus (as have so many others I know). I tested positive for 9 days, my symptoms were bad hacking cough (seemed to be from the top of my lungs), a bad headache in the back of my head, light headedness and worsening of my fatigue symptoms and brain fog. This resolved after about 2 weeks, but returned a week or so later. This second period slowly resolved over several weeks, but no sure it has totally gone.

I really dont know now what is due to the Vaccines and what is due to post Covid affects. It would seem to me as both vaccine and the virus contain the spike protein, this is the cause...hopefully this will clear over time.

I remain EXTREMELY sensitive to any meds/supplements/vitamins/foods. I will not be taking anymore vaccines.

Male
PSSD after 3 days on Sertraline (50mg) (Aurobindo) December 2016 to date.
Tinnitus, insomnia (1.5 hours/night sleep) poor memory/cognition as a bonus!
Possibly PSSD from October 1998...just didn't realise what I was suffering from! (pre internet)
IHateProzac

Unread post by IHateProzac »

I got COVID-19. I had a fever and a scary palpitation the first night the symptoms began to appear. This subsided by the next day, but I developed a horrible smell and taste. More specifically cooked food items smelled terrible and my tongue felt slimy.