Curious to hear from folks here whether my hormone results are indicative of PSSD

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
anicca

Curious to hear from folks here whether my hormone results are indicative of PSSD

Unread post by anicca »

28 y/o male used lexapro for nearly a year, stopped in April.

The results are as follows:
  • Testosterone: 851.00 ng/dL - reference range 240 - 871 ng/DL
  • Sex Hormone Binding Globulin: 38.00 nmol/L - reference range: 13.5 - 71.4 nmol/L
  • DHEA-Sulphate: 648.5 H ug/dL (167-591.9)
  • Prolactin: 8.73 ng/mL - reference range: 3.46-19.40
  • Estradiol (E2): 25.0 pg/ml, reference range: Males <44 pg/mL
  • LH: 2.80 miU/ml- reference range Male - 0.57 - 12.07
  • FSH: 2.56 miU/ML, reference range - 0.95 - 11.95
Are my LH/FSH levels too low - and is this common in PSSD?
Mateoo

Re: Curious to hear from folks here whether my hormone results are indicative of PSSD

Unread post by Mateoo »

in general, you have great hormonal results, but it's strange that with such a low LH and FSH testosterone is high, lh and fsh can be raised using Clomid (clomiphene citrate)
anicca

Re: Curious to hear from folks here whether my hormone results are indicative of PSSD

Unread post by anicca »

What are ideal numbers for LH/FSH?

If my understanding is correct too high LH/FSH numbers can be detrimental to men
guacamo

Unread post by guacamo »

PSSD is 100% not hormonal as indicated by PSSD subpopulation having normal hormones or fluctuation that would otherwise be explained by simple standard deviation that occurs normaly when you have a lot of people tested. Your hormone results are very good regardless of your age and within that range it's reasonable to say that any health problem you experience is not related to the blood test result you posted. LH and FSH may be a good indicator when testosterone level is low, which is not the case here.
PSSD a is cellular disease related to enzymes within the cell or to signal transduction after certain pathways are activated.
anicca

Unread post by anicca »

Thanks for your replies @Mateoo and @guacamo

@guacamo do you think a HCG protocol would help me?
guacamo

Unread post by guacamo »

You did not specify really what health problem you are troubled with, but regardless of that i do not think that taking HCG will help you, as i said if you have any health concerns, it is unlikely that they are related to the blood test you mentioned.
6-Eggs!

Unread post by 6-Eggs! »

I have had lot of experience in this. Completely unrelated to this or PSSD. When I was 19 I got really sick, mental impairment, severe dangerous weight loss, gastro problems, testicle atrophy and loss of sexual function, infertility etc.

I was diagnosed with hypopituitarism with unknown spontaneous cause. I had low TSH, low T4/T3 and non existent LH FSH and testosterone. I went on HRT and fully recovered in 2-3 years. These results are excellent. LH and FSH are fine and it's actually better to be on the lower side if your testosterone is medium to high. That means your testes are working very well and don't require much LH and FSH to make them secrete. I have a similar thing with my TSH, it's borderline too low but my T4/T3 are in a good range so that means my thyroid is more active than the norm.

My hormone results are also excellent. I don't really have a libido issue though, only when I was on the drug was it bad.