Trazodone

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
sovietxrobot

Re: Trazodone

Unread post by sovietxrobot »

Gonzo wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:05 am
sovietxrobot wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:22 pm Most of my profound gains were due to trazodone- increased sensitivity, reduced numbness, increased ejaculate volume, restoration of emotions, ability to feel love, etc. Its also quite risky, I would expect it can cause bad crashes as well. Not surprising because its highly selective for 5ht2a which is a main culprit in PSSD.
I'm not sure if you wrote it by mistake or am I wrong? But Trazodone is 5ht2a Antagonist, isn't that what's supposedly helping pssd? And it's also 5ht1a agonist, and this is what could be dangerous to some people making pssd worse?
Indeed 5ht2a antagonism should help sexual dysfunction, and 5ht1a could be the culprit. In some people, certain drugs appear to alter baseline receptor states- rebound effects have been observed in SSRIs for sure. Someone takes an SSRI for anxiety; their anxiety is reduced; but when they stop taking their anxiety returns at a state higher than before drug exposure. This has been observed in many different classes of drugs. My argument is that exposing a receptor to any drug modification could cause a risk of altering the baseline state, maybe for this reason or something completely different. I have had a lot of success on trazodone and also a crash from cutting the dosage too quickly, and the results were especially profound in both cases. Not to mention the other case reports of crashes/PSSD from trazodone, which seem especially bad (I can think of at least one suicide from trazodone-induced PSSD).
Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo »

sovietxrobot wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:13 am
Gonzo wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:05 am
sovietxrobot wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:22 pm Most of my profound gains were due to trazodone- increased sensitivity, reduced numbness, increased ejaculate volume, restoration of emotions, ability to feel love, etc. Its also quite risky, I would expect it can cause bad crashes as well. Not surprising because its highly selective for 5ht2a which is a main culprit in PSSD.
I'm not sure if you wrote it by mistake or am I wrong? But Trazodone is 5ht2a Antagonist, isn't that what's supposedly helping pssd? And it's also 5ht1a agonist, and this is what could be dangerous to some people making pssd worse?
Indeed 5ht2a antagonism should help sexual dysfunction, and 5ht1a could be the culprit. In some people, certain drugs appear to alter baseline receptor states- rebound effects have been observed in SSRIs for sure. Someone takes an SSRI for anxiety; their anxiety is reduced; but when they stop taking their anxiety returns at a state higher than before drug exposure. This has been observed in many different classes of drugs. My argument is that exposing a receptor to any drug modification could cause a risk of altering the baseline state, maybe for this reason or something completely different. I have had a lot of success on trazodone and also a crash from cutting the dosage too quickly, and the results were especially profound in both cases. Not to mention the other case reports of crashes/PSSD from trazodone, which seem especially bad (I can think of at least one suicide from trazodone-induced PSSD).
Btw, i would like to ask your opinion. Do you think that a drug that acts as
5ht2a antagonist but has affinity for 5ht7a may be dangerous?
magnilo

Unread post by magnilo »

very interested in the trazodone bupoprion combo, has anyone tried it? in theory it would be very convenient and could synergize very well
sovietxrobot

Gonzo wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:13 pm
Btw, i would like to ask your opinion. Do you think that a drug that acts as
5ht2a antagonist but has affinity for 5ht7a may be dangerous?
I don't think there is enough research on 5ht7 to judge, at least from what I have read.
sovietxrobot

magnilo wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:03 pm very interested in the trazodone bupoprion combo, has anyone tried it? in theory it would be very convenient and could synergize very well
I have been on both for a long time. I can't say if there's any synergy per se, but they have both helped me.
Trazedy

Unread post by Trazedy »

Hi, long story short, my nickname is Trazedy for a reason: because I got PSSD from Trazodone and it's been 4ys now.
As for your question: since this syndrome makes no sense, everything is possible, also given that there are people who got better with reinstatement, serotoninergic stuff and with the exact same things that caused or worsened PSSD for others.
Would I do it myself? No way on earth. Also in case you decide to try this anyway, I wouldn't put it on the list of the top 50 safes substances to try, I would leave very risky things for later.
Neuroscience MD researcher. Ita Male 30yo.

28 pills of Trazodone 75mg on Sept '18. Cold Turkey.
1y severe penis shrink/numb/ED
4y ED 7/10+numb 5/10+orgasm 3/10+libido 0
5y ED 9/10+numb 8/10+orgasm 6/10+libido 2
magnilo

Unread post by magnilo »

i wouldnt say trazodone is on top of the risky things list: of course one can try all the "holistic adaptogenic" supps that do little to nothing, but when it comes to patented molecules i think trazodone and bupropion are literally in top of the "try-this-first" list...
on the other hand, it is the right thing to do to mention your experience: i wish someone told me that about fluoxetine 12y ago...

that said, i have 2 months worth of bupoprion and trazodone and have just taken my first 25mg trazodone yesterday. I am thinking of trying at least a month of 150mg bupoprion in the morning and 50mg trazodone in the evening: the trazodone leaves me a bit too slow/sleepy in the morning, and i hope to offset that with the bupoprion, which on its own makes me a bit too nervous. I hope the two balance each other out in these aspects: i have to do with people at work and dont want to behave any differently than usual. So if the combo isnt sustainable in that regard ill have to stop the experiment.
Trazedy

Unread post by Trazedy »

Well, Trazodone is a SARI (Serotonin Antagonist, Reuptake Inhibitor), which makes it basically an SSRI with some unpredictable antagonism here and there based on luck and on how much your body metabolizes it in mCPP which has totally different effect from Trazodone itself.

Given this and the fact that other people here have/had PSSD from Trazodone other than me (Trazohell, Dalmatian, ... ) I would put it with reason to the highest risky substances, I really don't know what there could be of more risky to take than an SSRI itself (despite it being an atypical one).

Also both Trazo and even more more mCPP are metabolized by CYP2D6 and Bupropion is know to inhibit CYP2D6 so it's even a more unpredictable result.

This being said, watch out. I wish you good luck and please let us know soon.
Neuroscience MD researcher. Ita Male 30yo.

28 pills of Trazodone 75mg on Sept '18. Cold Turkey.
1y severe penis shrink/numb/ED
4y ED 7/10+numb 5/10+orgasm 3/10+libido 0
5y ED 9/10+numb 8/10+orgasm 6/10+libido 2
magnilo

Unread post by magnilo »

What i meant is that trazodone and bupoprion are the only antidepressants that are reported to increase libido and erectyle function: so on top of the list of the things to try when one's already screwed anyway :)
Vortioxetine can also be seen as a weird ssri, but has basically no side effects on sexuality for me : I wanted to give it another shot in combination with bupoprion at first (also due to the fact that bupoprion potentiates it) but once I've read here that the combo trazodone/wellbutrin is in crinical trials I tought I'd rather give that a shot and leave my cognitive enhancement experiments for later on (vortioxetine improves my thinking to a very noticeable extent). Will keep you updated, I'm tritating slowly
magnilo

Unread post by magnilo »

tonyareias wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:01 am
Trazodone may be effective in the treatment of sexual dysfunction, for instance female sexual dysfunction and erectile dysfunction. A 2003 systematic review and meta-analysis found some indication that trazodone may be useful in the treatment of erectile dysfunction. Besides trazodone alone, a combination of trazodone and bupropion (developmental code names and tentative brand names S1P-104, S1P-205, Lorexys, and Orexa) is under development for the treatment of erectile dysfunction and female sexual dysfunction. As of September 2021, it is in phase 2 clinical trials for these indications. It has been in this stage of clinical development since at least February 2015. Wikipedia
This is very Interesting, I've been reading that apparently they have their own "proprietary ratio" at which the side effects cancel each other out while the pro sexual effects amplify each other. They mention they have different ratios for the two "versions" of the drug, for male and female, orexa and lorexys respectively. In an interview its mentioned that the pill is supposed to be taken at night, I wonder if this means that the ratio tends more towards trazodone than wellbutrin, or if the wellbutrin is a very delayed release version. Anyhow, I would really love to know what the exact ratio is for my own experiment.