Another cabergoline trial

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Extremaduro

Another cabergoline trial

Unread post by Extremaduro »

Due to heavy pssd symptoms i decided to give cabergoline a try 2 years ago ıt worked but due to severe panics i had to stop.

I decided to bite the bullet again yesterday but much lower dose like .10.

There is an immadiate affect on my type of pssd. Masturbated 3 times a day. My genital area is very relaxed its very uncommon for me. There is a weird tingling in my pelvis and testicles. I think my issue is prolactin related. My prolactin level was 38 2 days ago. But;
I took alprazolam and could sleep 3 hours last night due to racing heart and anxiety. For now i will try to manage the side effects of caber as long as possible till my body gets used to it (if so).

Lets see what happens.
heymartinn

Re: Another cabergoline trial

Unread post by heymartinn »

good luck, interesting results so far
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Extremaduro wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:23 am Due to heavy pssd symptoms i decided to give cabergoline a try 2 years ago ıt worked but due to severe panics i had to stop.

There is an immadiate affect on my type of pssd. Masturbated 3 times a day. My genital area is very relaxed its very uncommon for me. There is a weird tingling in my pelvis and testicles. I think my issue is prolactin related. My prolactin level was 38 2 days ago. But;
I took alprazolam and could sleep 3 hours last night due to racing heart and anxiety. For now i will try to manage the side effects of caber as long as possible till my body gets used to it (if so).

Lets see what happens.
It may be worth looking at
"Stress-Induced Hyperprolactinemia: Pathophysiology and Clinical Approach" https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6304861/
I never imagined that "racing heart/anxiety/insomnia" might be together with high prolactin production, until I saw your report.
Best of luck
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
Darman

Unread post by Darman »

Extremaduro wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:23 am Due to heavy pssd symptoms i decided to give cabergoline a try 2 years ago ıt worked but due to severe panics i had to stop.

Lets see what happens.
This is interesting. Did only taking 1/10th of a pill have this much of an effect?
Extremaduro

I am actually cutting it 1 3th to make it .10ish mg. Its that powerful for me.
rmichaelballow

Unread post by rmichaelballow »

Cabergoline and Bromocriptine will be helpful in inducing windows, AND in diagnosis of what underlies your particular PSSD. They're potent (although with vastly different half-lives) D2 receptor agonists. That's the primary thing that's helping you - D2 agonism. What these two prove, in inducing windows, is that the dopaminergic system is down, and needs to be recovered.

Many years back, I discovered Cabergoline was particularly helpful, in determining what really needed to be addressed aside from sex hormones... which is dopamine.

A word of caution though: the side effects of both drugs can be quite disturbing. If anyone is to use these drugs, you should use them carefully, and under the supervision of a doctor. If that isn't possible, be careful dosing. More is not more with either of them. Especially Cabergoline.
Extremaduro

Update; its been almost 2 months and my dose has been 2x .25 week which is recommended. But almost all good effects faded. I also started experiencing mental and physical fatigue which is so bad.

I think it slightly exacerbated my adhd symptoms starting from 2 days later each dose.

Do you think I should keep going? Coz I don't wanna stop it before giving it a proper time.

Do you think I should up my dose to 2x 0.50?

By the way my prolactin level is down from 50 to 15-16

Please don't tell me to see a physician. U know the reason.

Thanks in advance
Impermanence

Unread post by Impermanence »

I was in the same situation twice :
- with rotigotide, benefits a 2mg that faded away in a week or so and then I didn't go up the dose and stop
- with pramipexol with quite good results at 0,7mg and after 1,5 month I quit.

I don't know if I would have been better to keep going or to augment dosis...
I have planned to do soon pramipexol again maybe at 1,05mg or 1,32...

So don't know what to advise to you, but maybe you will have some regret if you don't go more, I don't know...
kaimbre

Unread post by kaimbre »

Cabergoline is a rip off. I don't know of any success stories with this drug.
Anyone who claims they got better with it didn't have PSSD to begin with. Maybe high prolactin which really could be an adverse effect of the antidepressant but has nothing to do with PSSD.
PSSD by a combination of Risperidon and Fluoxetin

Tests: damiana, gingko biloba, cabergolin, pramipexol, buspiron, SJW
Significant improvement only with SJW
Extremaduro

Thats right. I experienced it. Buy it lowered my adhd symptoms somehow. Maybe dophamine issue