I want to be anywhere but here

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
anywherebuthere

I want to be anywhere but here

Unread post by anywherebuthere »

Hello Everyone

I am a 39-year-old female from the USA. I am here because my boyfriend has just recently quit taking antidepressants and psych meds. He was talking Celexa and Abilify for about 4 years. He is somewhat "ordered" to take these medications as conditions of his release (long story, he's turned his life around). About six months ago he realized they were having a terrible impact on our relationship, sexually, and decided he'd had enough. He quit taking them cold turkey. He was at about 20mg of Celexa and 5 mg of Abilify. They did wean him down a little bit because of recent studies tying Celexa to heart issues. He was also starting to have a lot of scary side effects (swelling, elevated blood pressure). I have watched these meds basically destroy him over the last year. I am glad he decided to quit, don't get me wrong. But now, OMG. In my desperation of understanding his imminent misery, I have landed here with you folks. I'm hoping someone can help me out.

He quit them all in June. Let me throw this in however. They test the levels of these drugs in his blood for compliance with orders. He's been taking them 3 days before his monthly appointment and than stopping. So it's somewhat slowing his progress. He wants them to change their orders, but they are giving him a hard time. He has to do this to be in compliance. Knowing how these meds work, I don't think it's too huge of a set back, but if anyone else does please speak up!

The last few months with this guy have been legit miserable. The mood swings on him are outrageous. He can be completely unreasonable at times. We thought he would get better and his sex drive would improve shortly. That was a big fat nope. It's gotten worse. We haven't had sex since July. He has absolutely zero desire. He can get an erection and in June-July he could get off. I thought those were positive signs. He was also having a lot of sexual dreams. But around the middle of July the man became someone I didn't even know or recognize. I think that's when the meds totally left his system. I'm doing my best to support him and stick around. It's not easy. He is so miserable and negative. He never even smiles anymore. I am trying to be supportive. I recognize personally what the man is going through. I went through it myself many years ago. There is hope guys and girls. I took AD for 4 years, lost my sex drive and desire. I recovered my drive within a year of going off the meds. I got completely sober 6 years ago off of street drugs and RX. My brain was absolutely fried. I've fully recovered now. Plant based diet, high intensity frequent exercise, prayer and AA/NA. Finding a higher power. Anyways, I know what he's going through. I love him. I recognize that a big part of him is doing this for me. I am just sometimes hopeless.

Any suggestions on how to support him? Please reassure me that this is expected? He's so grumpy and mean. I want him to come to the gym, eat well and give his body some nutrients to help this process. Is it normal for him to be totally tuning me out right now? I mean he listens, but he still won't come. He has no appetite right now. I'm sure he's feeling drained and exhausted? He did agree he is anhedonic, BIG TIME. Do you think St John's Wart would help increase his seratonin a bit? Can anyone explain what is going on in his head right now? I'm open to any and all suggestions. Maybe someone can remind me what this feels like. I stamped it out with more street drugs so I don't really remember the exact process. I do remember anhedonia and loss of sex drive.

Thank you. I hope to chat with you all soon.
HzeTmy

Re: I want to be anywhere but here

Unread post by HzeTmy »

Alot of people have a bad gut flora, also food intolerances are possible. I personally was diagnosed with gluten, casein and egg intolerance. I had to change my diet yes this will help the most. I also had to supplement lactobacillus and some gut vitamins i was in malnutrition long time. It hitted me so hard that even now i got digestion problems after 8 months yeah no hunger also but i already ignored it. Adding some milk and eggs aleardy seems to be better for gluten i will wait more. Honestly i had to eat only rich soups. My gut could not handle anything bloated from everything made me mad i didn't even knew. What ever dysbiosis is possible. Good diet, probiotics and time my suggestion.
HzeTmy

Re: I want to be anywhere but here

Unread post by HzeTmy »

And a big changer was probably supplementing daily of vit d as i was low and it's a key vitamin for neurotransmitter production. So a vitamin check will be helpful or simply buy 1000-2000 vit d and supplement everyday.