Bupropion working temporarily?

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
DerHerrS

Bupropion working temporarily?

Unread post by DerHerrS »

Hey yall, I got pssd from escitalopram and i tried to reverse it with trazodone, I had maybe 4 windows where it worked for like half an hour or so but then it didnt work anymore and i tapered off. Now i am two weeks on bupropion 150mg xl and i had very intensive windows already, much better than with trazodone. Bupropion temporarily improved libido and numbness considerably. But now the benefits vanished. Did anyone of you experience this? Will the effect eventually be sustained, maybe if I dose it up to 300mg xl. I fear it will be the same with trazodone where it just stops... I am not sure what i should do.. Thank you in advance
Escitalopram 10mg 03/2020 to 10/2020 immediate sexual symptoms
Trazodone up to 200mg 2 months in 2022 short windows, crash after withdrawal
Bupropion 150mg XR 2 weeks in 2022, good and longer windows, extreme emotional blunting after 10 days, CT‘d
Tree

Re: Bupropion working temporarily?

Unread post by Tree »

DerHerrS wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:42 pm Hey yall, I got pssd from escitalopram and i tried to reverse it with trazodone, I had maybe 4 windows where it worked for like half an hour or so but then it didnt work anymore and i tapered off. Now i am two weeks on bupropion 150mg xl and i had very intensive windows already, much better than with trazodone. Bupropion temporarily improved libido and numbness considerably. But now the benefits vanished. Did anyone of you experience this? Will the effect eventually be sustained, maybe if I dose it up to 300mg xl. I fear it will be the same with trazodone where it just stops... I am not sure what i should do.. Thank you in advance
Be careful it seems to me your receptors are desensitizing more. You're playing with fire. I'd stop you can worsen your baseline. It's your choice though.
DerHerrS

Yes you could be right tree. However my baseline is unbearable for me so I thought I don’t have that much to loose… I know it’s a risk but I am willing to take it. I am just going to see how it works out and then dose up to 300mg and see what happens
Bupropion 150mg XR 2 weeks in 2022, good and longer windows, extreme emotional blunting after 10 days, CT‘d
Ykatan

Unread post by Ykatan »

Trazodone is dangerous, it causes pssd, it only made me feel worse from it
DerHerrS

Yeah trazodone also wasn’t good for me, the withdrawal was horrible. Maan why is this pssd so permanent? If an SSRI induces an permanent sexual dysfunction why can’t bupropion cure it? :cry:
bupropioninducedPSSD

Unread post by bupropioninducedPSSD »

I would be very careful. Bupropion caused my PSSD (as you can tell I made this username simply to reply to you). It makes you hornier, but are your orgasms as full as they were before you started the meds?
DerHerrS

So guys guess what I crashed hard and have tinnitus now. The sexual dysfunction is now even more pronounced… Also the emotional numbing from bupropion was the worst I ever experienced. I won’t even start with the concentration difficulties. Anyways guys I was thinking about the time after Escitalopram induced the pssd and I actually had some decent windows but for some reason (?) I forgot them. So there is still hope… for now I’ll go all natural. I wish you all the best for the future!
Glitch

Unread post by Glitch »

I have had PSSD since I was 22 and I'm now almost 37. I took Bupropion at some point and my libido came back by like 70-75% or something for like 5 days. It was amazing. After that, nothing. No libido/erection land again.
HzeTmy

Unread post by HzeTmy »

DerHerrS wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:03 am Yes you could be right tree. However my baseline is unbearable for me so I thought I don’t have that much to loose… I know it’s a risk but I am willing to take it. I am just going to see how it works out and then dose up to 300mg and see what happens
You allways can fall harder, that's what i learned.
Ch21

Unread post by Ch21 »

Burpropion is a 5-HT1A and has caused me more numbness and delayed orgasm after each use.