Microdosing Dextroamphetamine Experience

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Terabithia

Microdosing Dextroamphetamine Experience

Unread post by Terabithia »

I’ve been trialling a lot of different things and keeping a daily log that i’ve been planning to post on here eventually but yesterdays trial made me want to post this right away.

I took 2.5mg of Dextroamphetamine and noticed drastic cognitive improvements and slight erectile improvements. It’s been 24 hours now and the results seem to have stuck and I plan on doing it again today with a 1mg dose. I also understand that kindling has its own set of stated risks such as the potential for excessive long term receptor sensitization.

I took a full dose (20mg) of Vyvanse a few weeks ago and experienced no effects until a full 30 hours or so later which was very unusual and I made a post about it at the time thinking it had to do with P450 enzymes. But when the effects did hit last time I felt cognitively 100% again + the boost that amphetamines usually give. I felt that sexy masculine vibe I used to get when I was in peak health but it was short lived. The effects went away after a couple hours but that experience led me to believe that dopamine is very much involved in the problem especially for the cognitive symptoms. I also believe that I was susceptible to PSSD because of wonky dopaminergic wiring to begin with but the reasons I believe that are a story for another day.

Fast forward to yesterday I took 2.5mg of Dextroamphetamine and within 3 hours I felt like I was me again. Cognitively I felt like I had my old neurotic and addictive brain back as opposed to the anhedonia and low grade dullness i’ve been accustomed to with PSSD. I’d even go so far to say that my desire and libido increased by 20% or so. My emotional range seems to have widened drastically as well and it could honestly be normal now but i’m just unaccustomed to not being depressed because I got PSSD so soon after my depression was cured. So maybe the way I feel now is how I would’ve felt emotionally without PSSD anyways. Perhaps back then my extreme sensitivity and emotionality were a result of me being depressed, and I simply have nothing to really feel that sensitive or emotional about now especially since PSSD seems to have pressed the reset button on all my emotional trauma and baggage in a single moment. Also since getting PSSD my resting heart rate and HRV have changed drastically compared to my pre-PSSD baseline (more parasympathetic now) but this trial seems to have reverted my heart rate and HRV back to pre-PSSD range (more sympathetic). It’s only the day after so we’ll see if it sticks but that’s more evidence that something did change as i’ve been tracking my heart almost everyday for months and haven’t seen numbers like my old ones since getting PSSD.

Overall whatever the microdosing/ kindling did was a big step in the right direction and I look forward to continuing this trial and then hopefully microdosing/ kindling all the other drugs I was taking around the time I got PSSD including SJW, Phenibut, and a certain mushroom. Full disclosure I already tried a low dose (not a microdose) of Phenibut and it resulted in an incredibly refreshing and restful sleep which is something I haven’t been able to get in quite a while.

Granted I was somewhat sleep deprived because my sleep has been suffering lately and there are other conflicting factors like the fact i’ve been drinking grapefruit juice which inhibits some P450 enzymes and stops the degradation of cortisol and also the fact that I took other substances in the week prior and drank coffee earlier that day which I don’t normally do. But all that aside I attribute these changes to the 2.5mg of dextroamphetamine.

If I had to theorize I would liken whatever is going on in the brain to a tuning fork or an old radio that needs to be dialled into the correct frequency again. Just minor tweaks are needed to resensitize the right receptors, clear the blockade and get transmission flowing properly and in tune again. And maybe kindling is the best means to accomplish that.

Around the time I got PSSD I was occasionally taking normal doses of the meds around 10-20mg or so as needed maybe once or twice a week. I was also taking Phenibut sporadically maybe a couple times a month also at normal dosages below 1g. Although I ascribe my PSSD to the SJW I can’t help but think a contributing factor was my previous Isotretinoin and Escitalopram usage along with all these other drugs I mentioned above that I took in the same month or so that I got PSSD. It’s as though something caused a clog or blockade in the brain and what we’re experiencing now is some kind of weird protracted withdrawal syndrome.

I don’t fully understand the mechanisms of microdosing or kindling yet but i’ve read a few accounts of people recovering or seeing great improvements with microdosing substances whether they be the medications that caused the condition for them in the first place or something else. I have a feeling that very low doses are the way to see the fastest results or maybe even cure this condition.
Last edited by Terabithia on Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Terabithia

Re: Microdosing Dextroamphetamine Experience

If anyone has any further insights or experiences with kindling or microdosing please share them here. I forgot to mention that I have microdosed (35mg) mushrooms previously and within 6 hours I felt beneficial effects. My notes from that day mention:
- Got a 4/10 spontaneous erection but it felt more driven like there was more desire and motivation behind it. (I never get full 10/10 spontaneous erections anymore but granted i’ve done nothing yet to improve nitric oxide as i’ve just been focusing on the debilitating cognitive effects).
- Definitely feeling more sensations in my genital region.
- Definitely feeling more fullness and pain sensation in my testicles when squeezing. (This hasn’t happened since I got PSSD my testicles have felt hollow and numb)
- Definitely feeling less body numbness and the urge to urinate more. (My bladder and pelvic floor has done a complete 180 since getting PSSD. I used to practically have to run to the washroom every 2 hours and my pelvic floor always felt so tense especially when I had an erection but after PSSD I barely feel the urge to urinate and my pelvic floor feels so relaxed. I was very excited to feel the urge to urinate again because that’s something I knew for a fact had changed in my body since getting PSSD).

I don’t think the effects from the 35mg of mushrooms lasted but I do plan on giving them a proper microdosing trial in the future. The effects felt more like they only lasted during the come up or for a few hours after I returned to baseline.
sylv

Unread post by sylv »

Terabithia wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:59 am i’ve read a few accounts of people recovering or seeing great improvements with microdosing substances whether they be the medications that caused the condition for them in the first place or something else. I have a feeling that very low doses are the way to see the fastest results or maybe even cure this condition.
Could you link to these exact testimonies so we have a similar picture in the mind ?

Please be careful with microdosing psychedelics. The lowered ability to sleep could be caused by them. Especially if someone feels like being stuck in the hypnagogia state accompanied by DP/DR. Some very drastic experiences are described in HPPD forum.
https://www.hppdonline.com/topic/9102-w ... ment-46221

Psychedelics and the DMT pathways are even less researched than serotonin system. All what is a new research revealing is that the science was very wrong to connect serotonin and endogenous DMT. These are separate systems.
Terabithia

sylv wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:38 pm
Terabithia wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:59 am i’ve read a few accounts of people recovering or seeing great improvements with microdosing substances whether they be the medications that caused the condition for them in the first place or something else. I have a feeling that very low doses are the way to see the fastest results or maybe even cure this condition.
Could you link to these exact testimonies so we have a similar picture in the mind ?

Please be careful with microdosing psychedelics. The lowered ability to sleep could be caused by them. Especially if someone feels like being stuck in the hypnagogia state accompanied by DP/DR. Some very drastic experiences are described in HPPD forum.
https://www.hppdonline.com/topic/9102-w ... ment-46221

Psychedelics and the DMT pathways are even less researched than serotonin system. All what is a new research revealing is that the science was very wrong to connect serotonin and endogenous DMT. These are separate systems.
The post viewtopic.php?t=4929&hilit=accutane I had in mind along with just searching the term “microdosing” and going through all the reinstatement and other testimonials.

I appreciate you letting me know about the risks of microdosing psychedelics. I’ll definitely read more about it before taking the risk. I don’t think my sleep issues have to do with it though since I had that problem before but it’s something I will keep in mind.

I have a feeling that my individual cure has to do with reinstating the substances I was taking around the time I acquired PSSD which is why i’m thinking of the microdose trials. I’ve seen shrooms + SJW combined cure stories and I feel like the same things that got me into this mess could get me out of it especially since I did see improvements when I reinstated SJW which was the cause of PSSD for me to begin with.
sylv

Unread post by sylv »

This is very interesting and please keep us informed. It would be a good thing to make a separate thread for each trial and give some personal history. Like primary psychiatric conditions and personal characteristic ( age ). We are all anonymous here anyway.

I have seen microdosing AD mentioned in the survivingantidepressants forum. Certainly this is a valid strategy for reinstatement ( lowers risk of crash ). People with the history of past antidepressant use seems to be more sensitive to toxicity from normal doses.
redditorx4

Unread post by redditorx4 »

i took camwl urine which inhibit p450 enzyme, which also gsve me improvements. what about your erectile function? any improvements? how long did you take it? did you stop taking it? will you take it back? if it cures you permanently pls dont leave without making a post on how you got cured.
Terabithia

sylv wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:40 am This is very interesting and please keep us informed. It would be a good thing to make a separate thread for each trial and give some personal history. Like primary psychiatric conditions and personal characteristic ( age ). We are all anonymous here anyway.

I have seen microdosing AD mentioned in the survivingantidepressants forum. Certainly this is a valid strategy for reinstatement ( lowers risk of crash ). People with the history of past antidepressant use seems to be more sensitive to toxicity from normal doses.
Yes that’s what I plan on doing when I have the time to properly write everything up. I’ve been taking extensive daily notes on each trial as well. But I can easily say out of everything i’ve done so far i’ve experienced the greatest benefit reinstating SJW and microdosing.

This is day 3 now of this trial and today I took 1mg dextroamphetamine. My penis is definitely more alive than it’s ever been since I got PSSD. I can feel it fighting to spontaneously erect as well as my libido fighting to overcome whatever obstacle is in the way. It feels as though everything is still there beneath the surface but just weighed down by some blockage. And the cognitive benefits from the other day are still here as well. I also don’t feel depersonalization anymore. Whatever i’ve been doing is working so i’ll stick with it for a few more days.

And keep in mind I microdosed shrooms a couple weeks ago and felt great benefits doing that but I stopped because I thought it would be smarter to leave the more dangerous trials for later.
redditorx4

Terabithia wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:19 pm
sylv wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:40 am This is very interesting and please keep us informed. It would be a good thing to make a separate thread for each trial and give some personal history. Like primary psychiatric conditions and personal characteristic ( age ). We are all anonymous here anyway.

Yes that’s what I plan on doing when I have the time to properly write everything up. I’ve been taking extensive daily notes on each trial as well. But I can easily say out of everything i’ve done so far i’ve experienced the greatest benefit reinstating SJW and microdosing.

This is day 3 now of this trial and today I took 1mg dextroamphetamine. My penis is definitely more alive than it’s ever been since I got PSSD. I can feel it fighting to spontaneously erect as well as my libido fighting to overcome whatever obstacle is in the way. It feels as though everything is still there beneath the surface but just weighed down by some blockage. And the cognitive benefits from the other day are still here as well. I also don’t feel depersonalization anymore. Whatever i’ve been doing is working so i’ll stick with it for a few more days.

And keep in mind I microdosed shrooms a couple weeks ago and felt great benefits doing that but I stopped because I thought it would be smarter to leave the more dangerous trials for later.

nice.

what is your theory behind why dextroampthemine improving you?

and

what is your theory behind why camel urine improved me?
Terabithia

redditorx4 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:18 pm i took camwl urine which inhibit p450 enzyme, which also gsve me improvements. what about your erectile function? any improvements? how long did you take it? did you stop taking it? will you take it back? if it cures you permanently pls dont leave without making a post on how you got cured.
My erectile and cognitive function are what I feel are benefiting the most with this trial. Since starting this trial I feel like my brain is much closer to baseline and because of this I don’t feel depersonalized anymore. Sensation is better in my penis and my erectile dysfunction is still there but improvements are being made. Overall this trial is definitely helping and I have no negative effects to report thus far so I will continue for a few more days at doses between 1-3mg.

I do think manipulating P450 enzymes is a way forward especially in their inhibition. For example I noticed improvements with grapefruit juice but haven’t run a dedicated trial as of yet. I think it has pro cortisol effects which seem beneficial to me since i’m incapable of feeling stress in this condition.
redditorx4

also are you worried about a potential from (dextro) crash. i heard someone on reddit crashing from it