Completely cured from Naltrexone

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
lookingforacure

Completely cured from Naltrexone

Unread post by lookingforacure »

Hi guys, I know there’s not a lot of hope in this community, but I just want to remind everyone here that naltrexone completely cured the PSSD I suffered for for almost 5 years- it was the only thing to have much of any effect at all, besides a temporary improvement during an alcohol hangover. If you’re at all interested, please see my previous post on it. Best of luck!
Impermanence

Re: Completely cured from Naltrexone

Unread post by Impermanence »

Who else here tried Naltrexone?
HzeTmy

Unread post by HzeTmy »

Nice, what symptoms did u have ?

Also weak urine stream ? Or weak gut sounds or motility problems or no hunger feeling ?
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

I'd stay clear of Naltrexone seems to decrease 5ht1a expression in several parts of the brain. Naltrexone desensitizes serotonin receptors to curb alcohol intake. This is also why most people with pssd no longer get effects from drugs or alcohol. Our receptors are desensitized from decreased sert expression.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29859012/
HzeTmy

Unread post by HzeTmy »

Tree wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:10 pm I'd stay clear of Naltrexone seems to decrease 5ht1a expression in several parts of the brain. Naltrexone desensitizes serotonin receptors to curb alcohol intake. This is also why most people with pssd no longer get effects from drugs or alcohol. Our receptors are desensitized from decreased sert expression.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29859012/
Is there a natural alternative for Naltrexone effects that i could try to decrease 5ht1a expression because i can't get prescription for Naltrexone.
fellow1

Unread post by fellow1 »

lookingforacure wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:14 am Hi guys, I know there’s not a lot of hope in this community, but I just want to remind everyone here that naltrexone completely cured the PSSD I suffered for for almost 5 years- it was the only thing to have much of any effect at all, besides a temporary improvement during an alcohol hangover. If you’re at all interested, please see my previous post on it. Best of luck!
So your ED and libido was fixed after you stopped nalt ?
alteredhomeostasis

Unread post by alteredhomeostasis »

I saw in your prior posts you’re still on sertraline. Is this reinstatement or did you never discontinue
lookingforacure

Unread post by lookingforacure »

I had complete erectile dysfunction, soft glans, severe emotional blunting, and barely any sexual sensation in any erogenous zone of my body. I don’t understand the mechanism behind how it worked, but I will say that it made things worse initially- it’s only after I stopped it that I sustained these improvements. I don’t know anything about pharmacology, but I suspect it temporarily downregulated certain neurotransmitters which then rebounded/ permanently upregulated after I stopped taking it. My penis gets fully hard for the first time- I forgot what it felt like to be this rigid. Since I noticed all the sexual benefits, I began to suffer from the same emotional instability and anxiety that plagued me before. Unfortunately, I can’t get off the sertraline. But this is amazing as it is.
HzeTmy

Unread post by HzeTmy »

:roll:
lookingforacure wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:10 pm I had complete erectile dysfunction, soft glans, severe emotional blunting, and barely any sexual sensation in any erogenous zone of my body. I don’t understand the mechanism behind how it worked, but I will say that it made things worse initially- it’s only after I stopped it that I sustained these improvements. I don’t know anything about pharmacology, but I suspect it temporarily downregulated certain neurotransmitters which then rebounded/ permanently upregulated after I stopped taking it. My penis gets fully hard for the first time- I forgot what it felt like to be this rigid. Since I noticed all the sexual benefits, I began to suffer from the same emotional instability and anxiety that plagued me before. Unfortunately, I can’t get off the sertraline. But this is amazing as it is.
Why can't you go off sertraline ?
fellow1

Unread post by fellow1 »

lookingforacure wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:10 pm I had complete erectile dysfunction, soft glans, severe emotional blunting, and barely any sexual sensation in any erogenous zone of my body. I don’t understand the mechanism behind how it worked, but I will say that it made things worse initially- it’s only after I stopped it that I sustained these improvements. I don’t know anything about pharmacology, but I suspect it temporarily downregulated certain neurotransmitters which then rebounded/ permanently upregulated after I stopped taking it. My penis gets fully hard for the first time- I forgot what it felt like to be this rigid. Since I noticed all the sexual benefits, I began to suffer from the same emotional instability and anxiety that plagued me before. Unfortunately, I can’t get off the sertraline. But this is amazing as it is.
Thanks for sharing. so for how long in total you were taking nalt ? I tried nalt before and it definitely made things worse as you described. I wish I had returned this emotional instability and anxiety, because at the moment , most of us has blunted response to positive and negative feedback.