20 year old male with PSSD

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
kleist_

20 year old male with PSSD

Unread post by kleist_ »

I’ve had PSSD since taking Lexapro at age sixteen. Was on it for about three weeks around four years ago and stopped because of the sexual side effects (ED, Low Libido, Reduced Sensation etc..). After stopping the drug my libido gradually stabilized at around 25% baseline but spontaneous, full, lasting erections never returned. Over the last year I’ve been taking Amitriptyline for non-psychiatric purposes and have noticed a significant worsening of symptoms. My libido has essentially gone to zero and the infrequent moments of spontaneous arousal have vanished. I've been lurking on this forum and similar communities for a couple months now, so my knowledge of this condition and the underlying mechanisms is sparse.
Ykatan

Re: 20 year old male with PSSD

Unread post by Ykatan »

This is forever, you will not recover, I have been suffering from this for 2 years
TalkingAnt

Re: 20 year old male with PSSD

Unread post by TalkingAnt »

Ykatan:
Do not make unfounded claims about PSSD or deny the existence of recoveries. This forum exists to support PSSD sufferers, not kick them while they're down. Further behavior of this type will result in a ban. Many recovery stories exist in the very forum you are posting on, if you actually look. Although we could do a better job surfacing them.
Cured | PSSD 2012-2020 | Log thread