One pill 9 years later

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
test-subject

One pill 9 years later

Unread post by test-subject »

Hi, I’m new to this forum however have been aware of PSSD for a number of years.

During childhood I had a social phobia and this resulted in me being selectively mute. At the age of 15 I’d withdrawn from school for around a year, so was pressured into visiting a therapist and psychologist. As I was mute, I didn’t talk, I simply nodded or shook my head to the vague questions. The psychologist diagnosed me with depression and prescribed 10mg of fluoxetine daily, despite me having no suicidal thoughts or desire to harm myself.

Upon receiving the medication, I read the warnings and side effects, which stated possible short term loss of libido and other mundane items. Nothing particularly bothered me and if I did experience anything concerning, I could just withdraw from the medication, right? That day I took one pill. A few hours later, my libido had vanished. My genitals were unresponsive to any sort of stimulus. To me this was surprising and obviously, very concerning. When the next day came I didn’t take another pill and instead threw away the box.

For 2 months my libido was crushed and I didn’t know how to tell anyone. Luckily, after 2 months had passed I regained it somewhat. However I struggled to get erections and when I did, they were always weak. This persisted, to this day.

Fast forward 3 years, I’d turned 18 and began to recover from social phobia. I was no longer mute. At this time I started a short relationship and lost my virginity. Well, sort of. I couldn’t get it up and weirdly, felt a numbness in my genitals. This wasn’t something I’d noticed before. At the time I put it down to anxiety, however, over the next few years I’d had several sexual encounters and every single time felt numbness. In the end, I stopped perusing relationships and sex. It’s easier this way.

Now I’m 24 and physically healthier and stronger than ever. My BMI is healthy, my body fat is roughly 12-16%, I don’t drink and I don’t smoke. My blood pressure is fine and blood tests don’t show any abnormalities. I’ve tried kegel exercises and semen retention (90 days), taken various supplements including spermidine, creatine, collagen and maca root. So far, nothing has had any noticeable effect.

Despite this, I’m quite optimistic and believe in a better future. I’m hoping we can at least find an answer as to why these side effects persist and stop these drugs being so readily available.
heathcliff

Re: One pill 9 years later

Unread post by heathcliff »

I am conceiving how to describe my miserable personal experience now ,and sometimes really wanna kill the one who prescribed me ZOLOFT but didn’t tell me its side effects
Last edited by heathcliff on Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OCDemon

Re: One pill 9 years later

Unread post by OCDemon »

Very sorry to hear. Glad about your optimism. I'm 4 years in myself, after Rexulti in 2019. I'll be 34 this year. Got PSSD at 29.