Do you also suffer from hypersomnia?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
FindGoodNickname

Do you also suffer from hypersomnia?

Unread post by FindGoodNickname »

Hypersomnia started with Sertraline for me.
It worsened after I quit Sertraline and got PSSD.
I reinstated a few time, and each reinstatement made hypersomnia significantly worse the very same day.
The last reinstatement added extreme brain fog and memory problems and made me immune to some stimulants.

My symptoms are absolutely typical for idiopathic hypersomnia.

Dr. Healy said my case was unique, but I read so often that PSSD sufferers complain about fatigue and about being bedridden.
But they don't call it hypersomnia, so I wonder if they experience something different then I do.

My symptoms are: if don't take Elvanse, a stimulant, I will wake up, feel like 120 years old, my body is weak like not even strong enough to sit on a chair. Also, my brain is like "Sorry I don't work today. La la la la la". That is how I always imagined Homer Simpson trying to think sometimes while his thoughts go astray.

Also I feel like physically completely exhausted, like not having slept for 2 days. So I go to bed again and sleep 18 hours a day then trying again to do something for 3 hours without much success.

It's undeniably related to Sertraline and reinstatement thereof.

Anybody else experience this?
sylv

Re: Do you also suffer from hypersomnia?

Unread post by sylv »

Do you have sleep tracker ? How much deep sleep you get ?
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

Sertraline gave me extreme insomnia too I have no tired sensation anymore and wake up not feeling rested
IHateProzac

Unread post by IHateProzac »

Contrary to your case I had hyposomnia phase, although I don't know if it was part of PSSD or me having a lot of free time on my hand for a considerable period of time.
FindGoodNickname

Unread post by FindGoodNickname »

sylv wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:36 am Do you have sleep tracker ? How much deep sleep you get ?
What do you mean? I already said how much I sleep.