Serotonin Syndrome

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
watson350

Serotonin Syndrome

Unread post by watson350 »

My case is unique in that my symptoms came from serotonin syndrome. I thought I was 'back to normal' 2 months later, only to 'crash' for no apparent reason 7 months after the fact. achy joints, brain fog, dizziness, lead me to getting on HCG and TRT which has helped tremendously as I try different things to get back to normal. Spyros's theory of estrogen desensitization could be a adaptive response to repuetake inhibitors and free floating serotonin, ie your body down regulates the production of serotonin because you dont need more and the innumerable processes involved include amortization of testosterone into estradiol. Testosterone is immunosuppresive and estrogen is a powerful anti-inflammatory, so there likely is a connection. St. Johns wort is a p450 enzyme agonist, ie aromatase agonist, interesting still. I had a 7 month window, I know this is not 'permanent' the question is how to cox your body back to a higher baseline. The gut definitely plays a role, as my recovery initially from SS was diet based, no polyunsaturated fatty acids, no carbs, etc