Naltrexone was the only thing that helped me at all

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
lookingforacure

Re: Naltrexone was the only thing that helped me at all

Unread post by lookingforacure »

Try it every 3 days and drink a beer high in hops an hour later. It might make a difference. For me, it didn’t work without the beer (I had 2 imperial voodoo rangers).
Impermanence

Unread post by Impermanence »

lookingforacure wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:40 am Try it every 3 days and drink a beer high in hops an hour later. It might make a difference. For me, it didn’t work without the beer (I had 2 imperial voodoo rangers).
Maybe the point is not hops but just alcohol?
supertucker1

Unread post by supertucker1 »

I’m curious about the combination of Naltrexone and an SSRI.

Lookingforacure is still on an SSRI, and Meso seemed to find symptomatic relief from Naltrexone and DXM (which is an ssri). I’m not the first person on here to propose reinstating an SSRI and adding an antidote. I’m just wondering if that could be contributing to their success…..

For the record, I’m currently taking Naltrexone, and not having any positive effects whatsoever. I’ve only been taking it for a week though. I started at 12.5 mg eod, and now I’m up to 25 mg/ day. No effect.
lookingforacure

Having weaned my sertraline all the way to 100 mg with the help of ketamine, I’m extremely disappointed. I thought my pssd would be much better than it is now. The rigidity of my penis is still much better than before I took the naltrexone/ beer combo (which I haven’t taken in a month). I’m going to take them soon and see if it improves again.
Determined-Mind

Unread post by Determined-Mind »

Did you experience a loss of sexual pleasure? If so, how much was /10?

Did you experience an improvement in bodily/sexual pleasure with your Naltrexone + Hops combination? If so, how many out of 10%?

I've read that hops can modulate glutamate: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31816340/

On reddit, one person described improvements in sexual sensation with 2g of hops during 2 weeks: https://www.reddit.com/r/PSSD/comments/ ... covery_of/
:arrow: You're looking for a cure or want to help the community? I've created an interactive table listing possible treatments for PSSD.

Feel free to contribute anonymously and share your experiences with different substances (+150 options)!
lookingforacure

I didn’t experience a loss of pleasure, but I didn’t gain nearly as much genital sensitivity as I had hope to, although it’s still significantly better than before I took the naltrexone/ hoppy beer combo. It’s tough to say what percent it was improved, but my erections got a lot more firm and my soft glans got a lot better too.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

heathcliff wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:30 am
Ghost wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:03 pm Conversely I recall a case of someone using Tramadol.

I have it archived on my site: https://pssdlab.files.wordpress.com/201 ... rchive.pdf
Hello host of the forum ,have you recovered from PSSD now?
Not cured - all is stable. I'm always scheming and will report back with anything of significant usage for the community.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
lookingforacure

You give me so much hope, Ghost. Thanks for your commitment.
supertucker1

Unread post by supertucker1 »

I did a course of Naltrexone during January and titrated up to 50mg/day. I quit cold turkey a week ago. Why on it my sex drive was non-existent. Since coming off, it’s been higher than it’s been in awhile. My response to visual stimuli is still somewhat low, but I’ve been fantasizing a lot more and feel more pleasure during sex. I have daily morning wood the need to ejaculate about once every other day. I attribute this to Naltrexone.

For the record, I’m about to turn 43 and I’ve had PSSD for 20 years. I’ve tried most supplements and protocols. The only thing I’ve consistently responded to is an alcohol hangover. I did not drink at all while experimenting with Naltrexone.

Tucker
lookingforacure

I’m in the same boat as you. Realizing how much more my sex drive and sensitivity comes back when I drink alcohol now that I’ve tapered down to 75. What do I do man?