Naltrexone was the only thing that helped me at all

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Determined-Mind

Re: Naltrexone was the only thing that helped me at all

Unread post by Determined-Mind »

Tucker: very interesting. By blocking opioid receptors, Naltrexone seems to have resensitized your receptors to natural stimuli!

How long did you take naltrexone? Did you start directly at 25 mg or less?

Let us know if you retain your sexual benefits (especially pleasure) over the next few weeks. I'm really interested in your experience.

High-dose alcohol :
- decreases serotonin release
- increases glutamate release.

Too much serotonin is known to inhibit sexuality. A drop in serotonin can therefore help improve your experience.

On the other hand, glutamate deregulation has for some years been considered in scientific literature to interfere with the brain's reward (pleasure) processes.

It is possible that serotonergic drugs indirectly alter the glutamate + opioid neurotransmitters, which may explain the loss of pleasure sensations.

Increasing our brain's capacity to activate endogenous opioids could be an interesting lever, as could increasing glutamate.
:arrow: You're looking for a cure or want to help the community? I've created an interactive table listing possible treatments for PSSD.

Feel free to contribute anonymously and share your experiences with different substances (+150 options)!
supertucker1

Unread post by supertucker1 »

I started at 12.5 mg and worked my way up. I never felt horny (or even good) at ANY dose of Naltrexone. It wasn’t until it left my system completely that I was interested in calling a woman to come over.

I’m not declaring victory. I absolutely still have PSSD, but this was a step in a positive direction. Figured I’d pass it on…..

Tucker
Determined-Mind

Yes it's interresting. You've write :"I’ve been fantasizing a lot more and feel more pleasure during sex". Has this been the case for the past 1 week?
Or was it only in the days following the stop?
:arrow: You're looking for a cure or want to help the community? I've created an interactive table listing possible treatments for PSSD.

Feel free to contribute anonymously and share your experiences with different substances (+150 options)!
supertucker1

The return of some libido and sexual feelings started about 5 days after withdrawing from Naltrexone.
Determined-Mind

It's really very interesting.

Did you take naltrexone for 2 weeks? More?

What are the symptoms that are affecting your quality of life today?

For my part, it's 100% libido and lack of sexual pleasure (I'm 0/10). Your experience confirms that naltrexone could help, even if in reality it is taking and then stopping the medication that would help (which is already a great improvement!)

How high out of 10 were you for sexual sensations before naltrexone? How much are you today /10 after naltrexone?

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! It's very valuable!

supertucker1

I took Naltrexone for 4 weeks. My primary symptom has always been libido, with secondary symptoms being lack of arousal and romantic feelings.

I have a hard time judging a percentage of recovery since I’ve had this for 20 years, but if current progress continues, I’d say around 50%. 🤷🏼‍♂️

For what it’s worth, I’ve always been able to get erections and have sex over the years (with pssd), I just don’t often feel “turned on”.
Determined-Mind

Thank you for the details, Tucker.

I also never feel emotionally aroused even if physiologically my body is sexually aroused (functional lubrication reflex - the equivalent in men is the erection reflex).

And I too feel a lack of romantic emotion.

To summarize, you took naltrexone for 4 weeks, starting with 12.5 mg and ending with 50 mg. You then suddenly stopped. 5 days later you notice an increase in libido and sexual pleasure.

50% improvement: it's incredible! It’s a great journey!

After naloxone, did you have any improvements in romantic emotions?

Or is it only libido + pleasant sexual sensations?

Have you ever tried fenugreek supplements? Some people report improvements in their orgasm/sexual pleasure (read some testimonals).

Answers

Unread post by Answers »

Tucker, do you have anhedonia or emotional numbness and was this improved by taking and stopping naltrexone?

Or any other body numbness? Did stopping naltrexone cause a pronounced stomach ache or any other withdrawal symptoms?
supertucker1

I can’t say I ever experienced true anhedonia. I just don’t get “butterfly feelings” or romantic crushes. Naltrexone didn’t change that…… but also at 42, I am who I am. I’m content with being a bachelor, even though as a conservative and a Christian, I expected to be married in my 20’s.

Haven’t experienced any negative symptoms from stopping Naltrexone. Masturbated twice yesterday. That’s not bad for 42. Haha
supertucker1

I’ve tried Fenugreek before, but not for long enough or in high enough doses. My concern with it is that it’s supposed to raise prolactin….. which would not be helpful.

https://anabolicmen.com/fenugreek-testosterone/