If you don’t have the courage to try something new, you’re probably going to have PSSD a lot longer

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
lookingforacure

If you don’t have the courage to try something new, you’re probably going to have PSSD a lot longer

Unread post by lookingforacure »

I’ve made several posts now detailing just how much Naltrexone has permanently improved my PSSD. I’ve explained how it got worse immediately before taking a week or so to improve, and that the improvements largely stuck. I know there are thousands of you on here that read these posts daily waiting for a magical cure; I was one of you. I would’ve given anything to know how much naltrexone could help me, as it was the only thing that worked- yet the knowledge I’m trying to impart to you guys seems wasted. I know many of you are likely struggling with issues other than pssd- I’ve noticed a high degree of neuroticism on here- but for those whose main issue is post ssri sexual dysfunction and the attendant anhedonia that comes with it, I think taking around 12.5 mg naltrexone once or twice a week for one or two months may alleviate much of your symptomatology, just as it did mine. Of course, I am not a doctor and this is not medical advice.
Twentyoneguns

Re: If you don’t have the courage to try something new, you’re probably going to have PSSD a lot longer

Unread post by Twentyoneguns »

I'm pleased Naltrexone worked for you, but you must appreciate that everyone is different.

Around 8 years ago I tried low dose Naltrexone for the chronic fatigue I was suffering from at the time ( I was also suffering from PDSD, but hadn't realised what these symptoms were due to)

I started at a dose of 0.5mg, this totally wiped me out for over a day, god knows what a 12.5mg dose would have done to me!

I'm ultra sensitive to all sorts, and have crashed badly from things most people find laughable. I just can't take the risk, I wish it were different.
Male
PSSD after 3 days on Sertraline (50mg) (Aurobindo) December 2016 to date.
Tinnitus, insomnia (1.5 hours/night sleep) poor memory/cognition as a bonus!
Possibly PSSD from October 1998...just didn't realise what I was suffering from! (pre internet)
lookingforacure

Re: If you don’t have the courage to try something new, you’re probably going to have PSSD a lot longer

Unread post by lookingforacure »

I appreciate your comment! I’m just frustrated because I feel like I’m shouting into a void, and I’m quite certain some people would be significantly helped by this. Im sorry that you couldn’t take it. I wish you the best in your recovery and in life!
Jazzmatazz

Unread post by Jazzmatazz »

lookingforacure wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:14 pm I’ve made several posts now detailing just how much Naltrexone has permanently improved my PSSD. I’ve explained how it got worse immediately before taking a week or so to improve, and that the improvements largely stuck. I know there are thousands of you on here that read these posts daily waiting for a magical cure; I was one of you. I would’ve given anything to know how much naltrexone could help me, as it was the only thing that worked- yet the knowledge I’m trying to impart to you guys seems wasted. I know many of you are likely struggling with issues other than pssd- I’ve noticed a high degree of neuroticism on here- but for those whose main issue is post ssri sexual dysfunction and the attendant anhedonia that comes with it, I think taking around 12.5 mg of naltrexone once or twice a week for one or two months may alleviate much of your symptomatology, just as it did mine. Of course, I am not a doctor and this is not medical advice.
Mate, you need to relax a little. I'm sure everyone here is thankful for your report because it feeds into an ever-expanding pool of data on things people have tried, but also keep in mind that for every patient who has gotten better from X compound, you can usually find at the very least another patient who has crashed from it. It's not that you're speaking to the void or that people are ignoring you; it's simply that having improved on Naltrexone doesn't really mean much in the context of PSSD. People have improved and crashed from the same compound lots of times. I'm sure some people have gotten worse from Naltrexone too. Your report fulfilled its purpose, which was to add information to the data pool. Repeating how it helped you is not going to suddenly make it safer or more viable of a cure for people... Don't take it wrong :)
Answers

Unread post by Answers »

Describe how naltrexone helped you? I've also took LDN in the past and got no benefit. Could this help with emotional numbness and anhedonia and why?
kaimbre

Unread post by kaimbre »

The problem is that people rarely have unitary depression

This disease in the vast majority of cases is a comorbidity of a main mental or neurological illness. I have met many people in PSSD groups who take lithium, antipsychotics and anti-anxiety medications and will have to take them for the rest of their lives. These people's lack of libido is not the fault of PSSD but rather the insensitivity of the pharmaceutical industry in developing treatments that do not kill the hedonic desire for life.

I realized that only people who actually have PSSD and who no longer take any mental health medication have the courage to try the proposed treatments.
PSSD by a combination of Risperidon and Fluoxetin

Tests: damiana, gingko biloba, cabergolin, pramipexol, buspiron, SJW
Significant improvement only with SJW