johnyx intro, improvement and question

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
johnyx

johnyx intro, improvement and question

Unread post by johnyx »

Hi PSSD-Forum,

I’m 33 years old and male, have been on and off Escitalopram the better part of the last decade of my life. Got PSSD when I discontinued the drug for the fith time if I‘m counting tight. At first it was a mild case with unreliable erection and some numbness also some emotional blunting but it got worse when I stupidly tried to reinstate half a year later. Now I had full impotence and anorgasmia.
I got a prescription of Wellbutin and it helped quite a bit. Libido is low but I can gain a good erection via manual stimulation and orgasm is okay, also almost no numbness.
My question is how to proceed with the drug. I can‘t take it for ever I guess. What would you do? Staying on wellburtin for an unspecified timespan or stop it and go down the uncertain path of natural healing?
Determined-Mind

Re: johnyx intro, improvement and question

Unread post by Determined-Mind »

I wonder if adding buspirone might help with bupropion for libido.

Personally, I'd aim for remission. Once remission is achieved, I would keep the mixture for at least 3 - 4 months (while the brain stabilizes its connections) and then gradually stop.
:arrow: You're looking for a cure or want to help the community? I've created an interactive table listing possible treatments for PSSD.

Feel free to contribute anonymously and share your experiences with different substances (+150 options)!